Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: do you enjoy preseason games
yes 55 72.37%
no 21 27.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Apparently you didn't catch the Lions game last night....hahaha

Oh, wait, we're talking about NFL preseason. n/m
painful.

yet funny.

hell at least we beat someone. More than the Colts can say thus far (yes I know they will own us in the regular season)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoy Preseason games for about the first quater after that its hard to watch unless its my team playing
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
painful.

yet funny.

hell at least we beat someone. More than the Colts can say thus far (yes I know they will own us in the regular season)
Hey I don't care how foolish I look, I'm calling shotgun on the Lions bandwagon again this year. Still fun to crack jokes at their expense though. Oh and if anybody tries to trump my call of shotty, I will pull an actual mossberg pump from my waistline before you can even get your hand on the door of the El Camino. I'm not riding in that rusty ass truck bed.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Hey I don't care how foolish I look, I'm calling shotgun on the Lions bandwagon again this year. Still fun to crack jokes at their expense though. Oh and if anybody tries to trump my call of shotty, I will pull an actual mossberg pump from my waistline before you can even get your hand on the door of the El Camino. I'm not riding in that rusty ass truck bed.
is there a lions bandwagon?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-10-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
is there a lions bandwagon?
Yes. It's the rusted out El Camino at the back of the nfldc impound lot. Hillbilly-ass yodachu got drunk and went looking for cows one night and found himself in the back of a Crown Vic Interceptor instead. He still hasn't come up with the money to get it out.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want the regular season to start!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Most users on here really do like preseason games because this is a draft website and people want to followup on the draft and see the rookies and such play. However nothing beats the reg season.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Most users on here really do like preseason games because this is a draft website and people want to followup on the draft and see the rookies and such play. However nothing beats the reg season.
do the playoffs count?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-10-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate preseason games...but I understand there importance just can't stand to watch much....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoy any football after frickin months of baseball and sitcom reruns.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I enjoy any football after frickin months of baseball and sitcom reruns.
I think i've seen every episode of Scrubs now on Comedy Central.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
You're not the only one enjoying pre-season games. Hence the sold out stadiums.
The stadiums are sold out because the NFL requires season ticket holders to take the games with the season tickets otherwise the stadiums would be pretty empty.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While they are not the most entertaining games to watch, the reason I watch pre-season games is to gauge how the rookies are doing, how free agents are doing, and how improved the areas of need are on my team.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They're 4 (or 5 in you're in the HOF game) more chances for your players to get injured. That right there is an argument against them. Not my main argument though. They don't mean anything statistically. What would be great is if they just did scrimmages scheduled by the teams. I know the NFL does do that, but it's in addition. In the Arena League, they do the scrimmages exclusively. That's what I would like to see in the NFL.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears9654 View Post
They're 4 (or 5 in you're in the HOF game) more chances for your players to get injured. That right there is an argument against them. Not my main argument though. They don't mean anything statistically. What would be great is if they just did scrimmages scheduled by the teams. I know the NFL does do that, but it's in addition. In the Arena League, they do the scrimmages exclusively. That's what I would like to see in the NFL.
I think teams would be opposed to eliminating preseason games. They are needed for many reasons, the most important of all being getting the players in game shape. Without preseason games, the first few weeks of the regular season would be quite sloppy. Consider preseason games as dress rehearsals. Obviously the other huge reason they are needed is to somewhat accurately gauge the value of all the young guys that are on the roster bubble. They get the majority of the playing time anyway. The vets get about how much time they need to prepare for battle, and the rest of the time goes to determining who will be cut. I think you need at least 2 or 3 games to accomplish that. Certainly not 5 though. Scrimmages would just make it tougher on coaches to determine who is capable of performing on game day, and it would make it tougher for the players to adequately prepare for live game action. You gotta remember that not every player in the league is a star.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, maybe they are needed, but I personally think 2 or 3 would suffice. There's no need for that many.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Packers-Cardinals
Rookie

Packers-Cardinals needs more cowbell.

Yes, I enjoy watching the preseason games. It's the first football action since February. However, I only enjoy watching the starters play and the rookie first rounders if they play later on in the game.
Packers-Cardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love preseason games, after waiting for months after the regular season is over, i cant wait to sit down and watch a game, even if it is unimportant, or the teams dont care about winning. It gives a good look at the rookies, and the other second or third string guys to see how well they have improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote