Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
North Hollywood, California: Where blatant sarcasm goes unobserved!

...Unless, of course, you simply disagree with the notion that DT is/was/will be a greater need than WR (and FYI - I'm not talking about whether I like or dislike our pick of Meachem, I'm speaking very much in general and observing the overall state of our team). If that be the case, be fitting.
Well, being that I know you vehemently disagreed with us selecting Meachem it came off as another pot-shot at him. I stand corrected.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Well, being that I know you vehemently disagreed with us selecting Meachem it came off as another pot-shot at him. I stand corrected.
I guess I'm warming up a bit to the Meachem pick as I continue to realize that there weren't as many top defensive prospects available to us as I may have thought. Hindsight is 20/20 and the only player that we could have picked that I'd have much preferred over Meachem is Poz; other than Poz there simply weren't any outstanding DT, LB, or CB prospects available. In the grand scheme of things, though, it would have been really nice to get a top DT prospect not named Branch or a top CB prospect not named Houston at our pick, but those guys (Harrell, Ross) were off the board. I still don't like the Meachem pick, but I don't fault the Saints decision makers nearly as much as I did immediately after the draft. No more pot-shots from me.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that Greg Olson had to sing his rap song he made back at Miami as a freshman to everyone. The paper said the Vets really respected that he took the humility to do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

71 rec, 1100 yards, 9 tds would be nice
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
71 rec, 1100 yards, 9 tds would be nice
you do know Herm Edwards is the coach right?
Old 08-12-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens used to do things like that, but after the last 2 1st round picks were Ngata and Grubbs I think the vets realized it wouldn't be the best idea to try to tie them to a goal post.

I know with Boller he was doing a live interview and they got a truck to tow his car so if he ran out to stop it it would have been on live TV.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i saw him on Hard Knocks on HBO..kid is BIG.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I know that Greg Olson had to sing his rap song he made back at Miami as a freshman to everyone. The paper said the Vets really respected that he took the humility to do that
I would be proud of that

what you name
g-reg
what you do
get head
how u do it
drop my draws and show my 3rd leg

haha
Old 08-12-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
I guess I'm warming up a bit to the Meachem pick as I continue to realize that there weren't as many top defensive prospects available to us as I may have thought. Hindsight is 20/20 and the only player that we could have picked that I'd have much preferred over Meachem is Poz; other than Poz there simply weren't any outstanding DT, LB, or CB prospects available. In the grand scheme of things, though, it would have been really nice to get a top DT prospect not named Branch or a top CB prospect not named Houston at our pick, but those guys (Harrell, Ross) were off the board. I still don't like the Meachem pick, but I don't fault the Saints decision makers nearly as much as I did immediately after the draft. No more pot-shots from me.
their other options were pretty much Alan Branch, Poz and Chris Houston, maybe some other guys who were high on their board...But yeah they didnt have a great group of guys to choose from. Alan Branch was thought of as a top 10 pick for a while but his stock obviously plummetted and a lot of teams didnt want him. So while I had Meachem tagged as the bust of the draft before anyone got picked, I can understand why they made a move for him. If he turns out to be the big-play receiver theyre hoping he can be they can pair him with Colston ad well be looking at a combo of Bush-Brees-Colston-Meachem-Jamaal Brown for years to come and thats pretty damn scary.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Haha, I remember when they did that to McQuistan last year, that was a scary sight.

Andy Reid doesn't allow any rookie hazing, I don't know why though, if they really can't handle it than maybe they shouldn't be playing football for a living.
damn i didnt know reid didnt allow that.

back to the bowe pic thats hilarious.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:28 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's great. But who are the Chefs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U_EfE-mqgE

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
you do know Herm Edwards is the coach right?
lol 13 catches, 145 yds 1 td. Monster season for an Edwards reciever!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
That's great. But who are the Chefs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U_EfE-mqgE
haha ive never seen that before.. thats awesome

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote