Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Favre is -9 in his last two seasons on TD/INT ratio. I doubt he's going to jump up to +6 at the sprite age of 38.

I also doubt that your three ends combined for 27 sacks. I know that it almost happened last year, but I don't think Kampman is going to be a perrennial 15+ sack guy. That's HOF numbers.
The offense is getting better, and hopefully Jennings will be healthy all year. I only gave Kampman 12 sacks, why did 15 come into the disussion?
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New York Jets

the tds and yds won't match up for chad nd the wrs/te because i added yds nd tds to account for the rbs, fbs, and some of the backup wrs that'll get a few tds

QB:
Chad Pennington 3000 yds 23 tds 15 ints
RBs:
Thomas Jones 1000 yds 8 tds
Leon Washington 800 yds 6 tds
WRs:
Laveranues Coles 800 yds 6 tds
Jerricho Cotchery 900 yds 6 tds
Justin McCareins 500 yds 3 tds
Chansi Stuckey 250 yds 2 tds
TE:
Chris Baker 300 yds 5 tds

DL:
Dewayne Robertson 70 tackles 3 sacks
Shaun Ellis 50 tackles 3 sacks
Andre Wadsworth!!! 20 tackles 4 sacks
LB:
Jonathon Vilma 150 tackles 2 ints
Bryan Thomas 80 tackles 8 sacks
David Harris 40 tackles
Victor Hobson 60 tackles 3 sacks
DB:
Kerry Rhodes 85 tackles 5 ints 4 sacks
Andre Dyson 50 tackles 5 ints
Justin Miller 20 tackles 2 ints
Darrell Revis 30 tackles 2 ints
Old 08-14-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming all players play 16 games.

Carson Palmer: 35 TD 11 INT 4100 YDS
Chad Johnson: 1450 YDS 11 TD
TJ Houshmandzadeh: 1150 YDS 11 TD
Rudi Johnson: 1400 YDS 12 TD <--- That is basically a lock.
Chris Henry: 450 YD 5 TD

Ahmad Brooks: 110 Tackles 1 INT 3 FF
Robert Geathers: 11 Sacks
Johnathan Joseph: 0 INT 26 PD's <-- He can cover he just can't catch haha, actually I'd like to hope he'll get 4-5 picks this year.
Rashad Jeanty: 95 Tackles 3 FF
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
By the way, the QB's and those two RB's combined for 39 TD's last year, not 47, but nice try. You can't include players that you didn't list.
What are you talking about, they had 47...(46 if you don't count Tyson Thompson)........
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=dal

Romo: 19
Bledsoe: 9(two rushing)
= 28

Jones: 4
Barber: 14
=
28+18= 46 If you count Tyson 47.........
Old 08-14-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By the way, the QB's and those two RB's combined for 39 TD's last year, not 47, but nice try. You can't include players that you didn't list.
By my count it's 44. Not that it matters much.

Romo- 19
Bledsoe- 7
Barber-14
Jones- 4

=44
Old 08-14-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns:

Quinn-2400 passing yds. 15/12
Lewis-1300 rushing yds. 8 TDs
Edwards-75 rec., 1100 receiving yards, 7 TDs
Winslow-90 rec., 850 rec.yds., 5 TDs

Davis-140 tkls.
Jackson-130 tkls.
S.Jones-90 tkls.
Wimbley-12 sacks
Antwan Peek-7 sacks
Sean Jones-5 INTs
Pool- 3 INTs
Bodden- 5 INTs
E.Wright- 2 INTs

Josh Cribbs- 2 KR TDs.

And for the Cowboys fans:
Tony Romo- 3200 yds., 21 TDs, 19 INTs and a bunch of heat from the media for sucking.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really is tough to talk about Cowboys predictions though without coming off as a huge homer. Things are definitely looking good for us this year. There's no reason to believe we'll suffer the same kind of collapse we did last year. And it's hard to believe our offense won't be more prolific under Garrett's leadership. Especially with a more experienced Romo and an improved o-line.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wasn't Romo a self proclaimed gun-slinger? If so then his pick total should be a lot higher than 10.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he's a gunslinger without the great arm :). After watching the last few weeks of the season last year starting with that Saints loss, it seems like teams completely figured out Romo.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
It really is tough to talk about Cowboys predictions though without coming off as a huge homer. Things are definitely looking good for us this year. There's no reason to believe we'll suffer the same kind of collapse we did last year. And it's hard to believe our offense won't be more prolific under Garrett's leadership. Especially with a more experienced Romo and an improved o-line.

I know, I went with 32 TD's because I did WR's first then just added 2 TD's.....
If he went for 29 TD's and 13 picks I wouldn't be that far off.......I just don't see him throwing less then 25 TD's or more then 15 Picks.....
Old 08-14-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Wasn't Romo a self proclaimed gun-slinger? If so then his pick total should be a lot higher than 10.
Yeah, chances are it will be. But you never know. He's got a lot of solid options to throw to. But I do think he has a tendency to force it to Owens, and if that continues, I think his INT #'s will directly reflect that. It's tough to project INT's though. So many of them aren't even the QB's fault. If our O-line holds up well (particularly Flozell) and the pass catchers are consistently on top of their game, Romo could post an impressive ratio. But hey, I could easily see it going the other way. I'm expecting about a dozen or so, depending on how often we go to the air. Our new offensive scheme will also be a factor one way or the other.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo will have a lot more than 10 INTs. I'm also doubting the 32 TDs. Last year the only player to throw 30 or more was Peyton Manning with 31. Now I think a few more will get there this year, but not Romo. 20-25 is a better range for him.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Romo will have a lot more than 10 INTs. I'm also doubting the 32 TDs. Last year the only player to throw 30 or more was Peyton Manning with 31. Now I think a few more will get there this year, but not Romo. 20-25 is a better range for him.
Palmer, Brees and either Manning, Bulger or Brady should throw 30
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
if he threw 24 TD's and 13 Picks I wouldn't be mad or shocked......
Old 08-14-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, chances are it will be. But you never know. He's got a lot of solid options to throw to. But I do think he has a tendency to force it to Owens, and if that continues, I think his INT #'s will directly reflect that. It's tough to project INT's though. So many of them aren't even the QB's fault. If our O-line holds up well (particularly Flozell) and the pass catchers are consistently on top of their game, Romo could post an impressive ratio. But hey, I could easily see it going the other way. I'm expecting about a dozen or so, depending on how often we go to the air. Our new offensive scheme will also be a factor one way or the other.
Tell me about it. Half of Tom's picks are from dropped and tipped balls from the receivers.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Palmer, Brees and either Manning, Bulger or Brady should throw 30
Agreed. I think this year Palmer/Manning are almost locks to top 30 and it's easy to argue that Brees/Brady could and I wouldn't doubt a healthy Bulger flirting with 30.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tell me about it. Half of Tom's picks are from dropped and tipped balls from the receivers.
I remember in the Colts/Pats regular season game last year Brady threw 4 INT, but THREE of them were tipped balls. It was crazy.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I think the TD total will largely depend on Jason Garrett's play calling inside the 20. Barber was a beast last year. We do have several solid options through the air though. And I doubt TO leads the league in drops this year now that his hand is healthy. I agree that 32 is unlikely, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility. I don't think there's any question that this offense will be among the highest scoring in the league. It just remains to be seen how all those TD's are dispersed. When you've got a goal line threat like Barber, it's tough to justify calling a ton of passes down there. I do hope to see a lot of play action though.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I remember in the Colts/Pats regular season game last year Brady threw 4 INT, but THREE of them were tipped balls. It was crazy.
Both of his in the Chicago game were also drops/tips. As well as the Cincy game. I would go on but it makes me angry.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Both of his in the Chicago game were also drops/tips. As well as the Cincy game. I would go on but it makes me angry.
He actually passed in that game? All I remember was Maroney/Dillon running and running and runng... lol. That is why I have no faith in us beating you all on Monday night game 4 (or whatever game it is).
Old 08-15-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I think the TD total will largely depend on Jason Garrett's play calling inside the 20. Barber was a beast last year. We do have several solid options through the air though. And I doubt TO leads the league in drops this year now that his hand is healthy. I agree that 32 is unlikely, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility. I don't think there's any question that this offense will be among the highest scoring in the league. It just remains to be seen how all those TD's are dispersed. When you've got a goal line threat like Barber, it's tough to justify calling a ton of passes down there. I do hope to see a lot of play action though.
I think he should improve his TDs number just because the fact we will use Witten and Fasano better this year, especially in the redzone.

The only prediction I have for the Cowboys is Hatcher having 8 sacks. He was very good last season, he recorded only 2.5 sacks (in 14 games), but watching the tapes I noticed that Hatcher brought some key pressure.
Now he has improved, if the hammy injury doesn't affect him too much, I expect a very good season from him.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ahh the Chicago/New England game..............Tom Brady owning Brian Urlacher, now thats entertainment! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote