Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:46 PM    (permalink

Default Where does Derrick Brooks rank among the all time OLBs?

where do you think he ranks among the great OLBs that ever played?
Old 10-11-2006, 07:59 PM    (permalink

I can't believe Top 3 is an option. And has 2 votes.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:00 PM    (permalink

I'd say he's somwhere between 8-15
Old 10-11-2006, 08:00 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
I can't believe Top 3 is an option. And has 2 votes.
i didnt vote top 3, i havent voted at all yet so dont think i voted. And i just put that to see if some people do think that he is top 3.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:01 PM    (permalink

I voted Top 20. He was a very good linebacker
Old 10-11-2006, 08:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we're talking all LB positions, its easily top 20 and not even close to top 5. If we're talking about the Will Position or the OLB position for that matter, you can make an argument for top 10.

By the way Tatum was the best Cover 2 (I say that loosely because the Steelers Cover 2 is a little different from todays Cover 2) Will, not Derrick Brooks.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:09 PM    (permalink

only OLB
Old 10-11-2006, 08:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really can't ask these all-time questions on here because most people don't remember football pre-1990. The best you can hope for is in the last 15-20 years.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
You really can't ask these all-time questions on here because most people don't remember football pre-1990. The best you can hope for is in the last 15-20 years.
We remember! :D :D :D
Old 10-11-2006, 08:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
We're a minority.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
We're a minority.
What ever happened to GermaineRace? He was pretty good with old school players. I miss owning him in every debate we had.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:29 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we're talking all LB positions, its easily top 20 and not even close to top 5. If we're talking about the Will Position or the OLB position for that matter, you can make an argument for top 10.

By the way Tatum was the best Cover 2 (I say that loosely because the Steelers Cover 2 is a little different from todays Cover 2) Will, not Derrick Brooks.
I still say Jack Ham is the prototype WLB for a Cover 2 defense.

Really, the only difference between the Cover 2 schemes of the 70s and now is that today you have the Tampa wrinkle, where they drop the MLB into the deep third, making it a Cover 3.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:

Really, the only difference between the Cover 2 schemes of the 70s and now is that today you have the Tampa wrinkle, where they drop the MLB into the deep third, making it a Cover 3.
Ham, thats what I meant. Oops, did I say Tatum? He's a safety. I meant Ham.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:32 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ham, thats what I meant. Oops, did I say Tatum? He's a safety. I meant Ham.
That's more like it.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
We're a minority.
What ever happened to GermaineRace? He was pretty good with old school players. I miss owning him in every debate we had.
Agreed. He was one of my favorite posters.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
We're a minority.
Agreed. He was one of my favorite posters.

He got banned. Seriously
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:39 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GermaineRace was banned, as I hear it.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:41 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Unfortunate. He actually brought something to most of the discussions.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
What he do?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:49 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a lot of people put too much stock in how good older players were.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What he do?
Damn, GR was actually good, I was wondering what happened to him.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:55 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite
I think a lot of people put too much stock in how good older players were.
And I think people put too much stock in how good recent players are.

I seriously laugh when I hear people say that Deion Sanders is the best CB ever, or that Ray Lewis is the best MLB ever, or that Larry Allen is the best G ever, or that Barry Sanders is the best RB ever. Seriously. It's laughable.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:01 PM    (permalink

DB is the best Weakisde LB to EVER play the game. Top 5 hands down.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What he do?
Just speculating, but his personality really clashed with some people (not me, I liked GR), so it was probably over an argument with someone that got too heated.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:22 PM    (permalink

ted hendricks.