Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Buying:

Steven Jackson. The dude is a stud. He will solidify his position as #2 runner this year and who know what will happen in the future.

Selling:

Calvin Johnson: I just can't see how he can live up to the hype.

Isn't is corp?
Nice choice, Jackson is awesome. As for your question, if you mean "WR corp" or "LB corp", then yes, it is supposed to be corp, but many people seem to use incorrect phrases on here quite frequently.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Buying:
The Pats being the Best team in the NFL

Willis McGahee having a huge season for the Ravens

The Panthers being the best team in the NFC

The Cardinals finishing at least .500

Selling:
The Cowboys. I see no reason why they should be considered a contender

Frank Gore, he will be only average this year(still 1000 yards)

Carson Palmer having a 75% completion rate(I'll go 69%)
Gore's the real deal...if anything is gonna slow him down, it will be that hand but, that's gonna heal eventually. As for the Cowboys...they are loaded on the offensive side of the ball and have a stockpile of 1st round selections and talent on that D. Personel is very similar to that of last years Chargers, stronger even. I dont think Wade will have any problem molding these guys into a great defense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Gore's the real deal...if anything is gonna slow him down, it will be that hand but, that's gonna heal eventually. As for the Cowboys...they are loaded on the offensive side of the ball and have a stockpile of 1st round selections and talent on that D. Personel is very similar to that of last years Chargers, stronger even. I dont think Wade will have any problem molding these guys into a great defense.
i hear you, i just put $20 on them to win the superbowl. as much as it pained me to do so i just couldnt resist the juicy odds of 28-1
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
Nice choice, Jackson is awesome. As for your question, if you mean "WR corp" or "LB corp", then yes, it is supposed to be corp, but many people seem to use incorrect phrases on here quite frequently.
No it's corps.

I'll take a hint from Bearsfan and do the Eagles (partially did them anyway)

Buy:

McNabb staying healthy and being a beast
Defense being much better
Westbrook repeating his heroics

Sell:

Baskett as the #3 wideout
Considine
Chris Gocong as a starting LB...He can be a good third down guy but I prefer Bradley as a pure LB
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considine def. looks like he packed on a few...he needed it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Considine def. looks like he packed on a few...he needed it.
He sure did. He's still better suited as a FS than SS though. I just wish we could have Michael Lewis 2004 version back there.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
49erfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
i hear you, i just put $20 on them to win the superbowl. as much as it pained me to do so i just couldnt resist the juicy odds of 28-1
I got them at 60-1 at the very start of the off season. I doubt they'll win it, but I think they have a pretty good chance of making the playoffs, and once you're in anything can happen.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Other than Peter King (who hypes us up every year) who is hyping us up? Certainly not any Lions fans on here.
I'm not saying you guys are hyping you up, but I have seen people pick you guys as a breakthrough team this year, and I just don't see it no offense.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Buying:
The Pats being the Best team in the NFL

Willis McGahee having a huge season for the Ravens

The Panthers being the best team in the NFC

The Cardinals finishing at least .500

Selling:
The Cowboys. I see no reason why they should be considered a contender

Frank Gore, he will be only average this year(still 1000 yards)

Carson Palmer having a 75% completion rate(I'll go 69%)

Leave it to a Cardinal fan to sell Frank Gore....I mean you can sell the 49ers...that I'd be ok with...but Frank Gore? You had to watch him at least twice last year...

The only thing that can limit Gore is injuries...he is a BEAST.

Good to see you buying the Cards having a 8-8 season minimum. You should throw out the rest and just add....

buying:

Edge running for 2k
Leinart being voted into the HoF next year

selling:

the seahawks showing up for the two card games
the rams fielding a football team this year.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Selling:

Jamarcus Russell
Cardinals
49ers
Donovan McNabb

Buying:

Don't believe the hype... except when it comes to Jay Cutler ;)
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
Selling:
Pats
Jay Cutler(He's a god on this website)
Eli Manning
The father sent his Son down to save humanity... and get the Broncos to the super bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buying: Tavaris Jackson earning Super Bowl MVP

Selling: Miami Dolphins O-line giving up less than 75 sacks
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
The father sent his Son down to save humanity... and get the Broncos to the super bowl.
Father = Brett Favre

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Only to be defated by the likes of Tarvaris Jackson and the Minnesota Vikings.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buy

Patriots as the best team in football, ridiculous roster.

Calvin Johnson. I've seen a few people in this thread sell him, but they guy is a straight up man beast.

Cowboys as the best team in the NFC

Sell

Breakout teams Arizona, Detroit, San Fran (yes)

McNabb

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote