Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-22-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
that would be so sweet if we took him in the supplemental. definately worth a 4th. I doubt we do it though, we'd have an amazing future line though.

LT - Terry/Jared Gaither
LG - Jason Brown
C - Chris Chester/Brown
RG - Ben Grubbs/Yanda
RT - Marshall Yanda/Gaither
NO! If we got him in the supplemental the future of the OL would be..

LT- Jared Gathier/Marshall Yanda or some other draft pick or veteran FA
LG- Jason Brown/Marshall Yanda
C- Chris Chester
RG- Ben Grubbs/Marshall Yanda
RT- Adam Terry/Marshall Yanda

And im sure by then we would have a couple extra OL like maybe an extra OG late rd draft pick and an extra OT late rd pick for depth.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Gaither would be awesome I definitely wouldn't mind if we gave up a 2nd roudner for him, but I like Yanda and I feel confident about a potential future line of Yanda/Brown/Chester/Grubbs/Terry
Old 05-23-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
Gaither would be awesome I definitely wouldn't mind if we gave up a 2nd roudner for him, but I like Yanda and I feel confident about a potential future line of Yanda/Brown/Chester/Grubbs/Terry
I dont like Yanda as a LT, but I wouldn't mind a Terry/Brown/Chester/Grubbs/Yanda line combo, in fact I like that alot.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 05-24-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I dont like Yanda as a LT, but I wouldn't mind a Terry/Brown/Chester/Grubbs/Yanda line combo, in fact I like that alot.
o yeah my bad i didn't realize i put yanda at left, terry at left and yanda at right looks sick.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NO! If we got him in the supplemental the future of the OL would be..

LT- Jared Gathier/Marshall Yanda or some other draft pick or veteran FA
LG- Jason Brown/Marshall Yanda
C- Chris Chester
RG- Ben Grubbs/Marshall Yanda
RT- Adam Terry/Marshall Yanda

And im sure by then we would have a couple extra OL like maybe an extra OG late rd draft pick and an extra OT late rd pick for depth.
I meant future as in like two years. I think it will take Gaither some time to realize his potential and play up to it. But he can play left and right. I'm hoping Terry plays well on the right side, but I see his future being on the left. I'm hoping Yanda can stay at tackle. If he can we have a solid future. He reminds me of a less athletic Jordan Gross. He definately has the demeanor to play RT though. I'm sure everyone has seen this hit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1edeWw3LLA
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dangggggggggg
thats a hit@!

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of hits-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BrQ7GTu77H4
lol I had to do it.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the first game of the season coming up I figured I should bump this. It will also get a sticky because I figure most of us are pretty big Maryland fans on this board.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
With the first game of the season coming up I figured I should bump this. It will also get a sticky because I figure most of us are pretty big Maryland fans on this board.
we do have quite a few Maryland fans on here

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Terps Basketball: Yes

Terps Football: Not as much

GO NOLES!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:00 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noles? Yuck. Terps baby, I was really hoping Portis would come out of training camp the starter but it looks like its Steffy's job. I almost also bummed out to hear Alex Wujiack is out for the season.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:01 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So whos getting drafted this year
Crummey, Haynos, and Moore are close to locks, but what about Keon and Lance?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:04 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
So whos getting drafted this year
Crummey, Haynos, and Moore are close to locks, but what about Keon and Lance?
I think Keon is in for a big year. I actually like him more than Ball but I am usually in the minority with that opinion. Word is Keon has been showing up Lance in camp. If Keon can put up a big year he has pretty good measurables I could see him getting picked late. I could see both him and Ball get picked actually. I think if Heyward-Bey continues what he started last year he could end up declaring and at 6'3 and running as fast as he does he could easily be a first round pick. Same goes with Erin Henderson a big year from him could cause him to declare and be a first rounder. I fully expect Dre Moore to set the combine on fire and work himself into a first day pick if not first rounder. Maryland is notorious for our work out warriors and athletic freaks, and I think Dre will be that guy this year.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:21 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Yea he could have, from what I heard he wasn't being told he was a definite 1st rounder so he decided to go back because he would have been IMO the top OT prospect next year especially after the combine.

Ravens should take him in the 4th of the Supplemental.

Dam, I almost called that one right.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 08-23-2007, 03:24 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
I think Keon is in for a big year. I actually like him more than Ball but I am usually in the minority with that opinion. Word is Keon has been showing up Lance in camp. If Keon can put up a big year he has pretty good measurables I could see him getting picked late. I could see both him and Ball get picked actually. I think if Heyward-Bey continues what he started last year he could end up declaring and at 6'3 and running as fast as he does he could easily be a first round pick. Same goes with Erin Henderson a big year from him could cause him to declare and be a first rounder. I fully expect Dre Moore to set the combine on fire and work himself into a first day pick if not first rounder. Maryland is notorious for our work out warriors and athletic freaks, and I think Dre will be that guy this year.
Consider us on the same page Keon is better than Lance!

Also I don't hold out much hope for this UMD season (I know that shocks everyone) but just look at it logically.......

We lost both of our starting OTs
We lost Wesley Jefferson and David Holloway from the LB core
Lost Conrad Bolston on the DL
Lost Josh Wilson at CB
Jordan Steffy sucks

I don't like what this adds up to.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 08-23-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Consider us on the same page Keon is better than Lance!

Also I don't hold out much hope for this UMD season (I know that shocks everyone) but just look at it logically.......

We lost both of our starting OTs
We lost Wesley Jefferson and David Holloway from the LB core
Lost Conrad Bolston on the DL
Lost Josh Wilson at CB
Jordan Steffy sucks

I don't like what this adds up to.
I dont think the losses to the LB core will be that big of a deal because our core group of guys seems to be pretty good right now with Henderson, Covington, Phillistin, Bullock, Moises etc. We seem to be pretty deep at LB. Bolston is a loss but Dre Moore is a better player and I think he will step up big time this year. Off your list of problems what worries me the most is the OT situation, we are going to have to rush in a young T to fill in for Gaither which could mean big problems. Jordan Steffy I like to think of is the Kyle Boller of the Terrapins, He was brought in to be the saving grace at QB and hes looked horrible when hes got his shot. From what Ive seen of training camp and spring practices he looks like hes more calm and confident in his throws which is key. I would persoonally rather see Portis starting because he has that dynamic running ability steffy doesnt have but I guess Steffy deserves his shot again after being rushed in as a fresh. I also think the loss of Josh is a huuuuuuuuuge deal but I think Isaiah Gardener can step up and I love our safety duo in JJ Justice and Christian Varner. I am not expecting a huge year but I think we will be middle of the pack in the ACC. I do not think this will be a throw a way year in the least bit though. We have some promising pieces.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
I dont think the losses to the LB core will be that big of a deal because our core group of guys seems to be pretty good right now with Henderson, Covington, Phillistin, Bullock, Moises etc. We seem to be pretty deep at LB. Bolston is a loss but Dre Moore is a better player and I think he will step up big time this year. Off your list of problems what worries me the most is the OT situation, we are going to have to rush in a young T to fill in for Gaither which could mean big problems. Jordan Steffy I like to think of is the Kyle Boller of the Terrapins, He was brought in to be the saving grace at QB and hes looked horrible when hes got his shot. From what Ive seen of training camp and spring practices he looks like hes more calm and confident in his throws which is key. I would persoonally rather see Portis starting because he has that dynamic running ability steffy doesnt have but I guess Steffy deserves his shot again after being rushed in as a fresh. I also think the loss of Josh is a huuuuuuuuuge deal but I think Isaiah Gardener can step up and I love our safety duo in JJ Justice and Christian Varner. I am not expecting a huge year but I think we will be middle of the pack in the ACC. I do not think this will be a throw a way year in the least bit though. We have some promising pieces.

The only hope I have for Steffy is that maybe he'll be like Hill, McBrien, and Hollenbach, even though Hollenbach shouldn't be mentioned with those other 2, and he'll finally grasp the offense and take over and be serviceable enough to get 7 wins and a bowl game.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 08-23-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry, Terps Basketball will be here soon enough to give us something to cheer for.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Don't worry, Terps Basketball will be here soon enough to give us something to cheer for.

Not a basketball fan, especially college basketball. But Caps season is almost here.........GET CUP CRAZY!!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 08-23-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not a basketball fan, especially college basketball. But Caps season is almost here.........GET CUP CRAZY!!!!
Hockey? What's that?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-23-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Hockey? What's that?
HOW DARE YOU!!!!! Hockey is the greatest sport on earth!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 08-23-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
HOW DARE YOU!!!!! Hockey is the greatest sport on earth!!
How can it be the greatest when nobody knows about it? I mean more people know about cricket the hockey......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-23-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

Lance > Keon but both are good backs and one of the best duos in the country.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
Lance > Keon but both are good backs and one of the best duos in the country.
That duo in Clemson is probably the best in the ACC though.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-23-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That duo in Clemson is probably the best in the ACC though.
Spiller Davis is probably the best duo in the league if not them than McFadden and Felix Jones.