Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 06-29-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most of yall live in Tenn right?

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

straight outta cashville
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah im from Franklin but i currently live in Chattanooga

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashmoneydrew
I wanted Brewer, but i dont know the positions of need for the grizz
They're great offensively, horrible defensively. So Brewer would have been a great fit, but they invested in a Forward in last year's draft by drafting Rudy G.ay(Stupid filter). I'm not a Grizzly expert, or basketball for that matter, but Mike Conley Jr. was the best PG in the draft and I guess he's an upgrade over Stoudamire.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
They're great offensively, horrible defensively. So Brewer would have been a great fit, but they invested in a Forward in last year's draft by drafting Rudy G.ay(Stupid filter). I'm not a Grizzly expert, or basketball for that matter, but Mike Conley Jr. was the best PG in the draft and I guess he's an upgrade over Stoudamire.
If we can somehow manage to keep Gasol (he was involved in lots of trade-talk last season and seemed unhappy), then we could have a pretty decent offensive core with Gasol, Conley, and Miller.

The problem is that the Grizzlies are still terrible down-low for the most part. Other than Gasol, nobody on our team rebounds worth a crap. I'd love it if the Grizzlies went out and signed a rebounding/defensive type of low-post player. Probably won't happen though...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grizz suck and so does the NBA(my 2 cents)

All-hail Bulluck
Old 07-08-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
Hendersonville

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a HUGE basketball fan, but I do my best. Its not as big of part of my life as football, but its the solid #2. I dunno if the Grizzlies are my favorite team either, but I'm a TN homer so I like 'em.

And you're right, Mick. When Pao Gasol is your only post presence, you're not looking too great.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the starting lineups are set for the Cal game. Worried about our WR situation. O'Neal and Vinson have apparently been unimpressive and neither are in the 6 deep lineup. Can't wait for the game
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Could you give a link for a website that has the lineups, Pit Bull? And where online do you go to learn/discuss about the Vols?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

www.volnation.com/forum

Last edited by Pit Bull #53 : 08-23-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think the starters will be:

QB: Erik Ainge

RB: Arian Foster

FB: ?? David Holbert is out for the year

WR: Damn, I don't know. Some mix of Austin Rogers, Lucas Taylor, Josh Briscoe, and Quintin Hancock. Hopefully eventually O'Neal, Vinson, and Gerald Jones.

TE: Chris Brown

LT: Eric Young
LG: Anthony Parker
C: Josh McNeill
RG: Chris Scott
RT: Ramon Foster

DE: Xavier Mitchell
DT: JT Mapu
DT: Demonte Bolden
DE: Antonio Reynolds

WLB: Rico McCoy
MLB: Jerod Mayo
SLB: Ryan Karl

CB: Eric Berry
FS: Jon Hefney
SS: Jarrod Parrish
CB: Either Marsalous Johnson or Antoino Gaines. I'll say Johnson
Old 08-24-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Senior TE Brad Cottam is gonna miss the next 2-3 months according to the tennessean. sorry if thats already been stated.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Tennessee released a depth chart today. It's basically the same as my guesses were with a couple exceptions. No FB since Holbert is out. 2 TE set will be with Chris Brown and Jeff Cottam since Brad is out for a little. Jeff is huge also. Starting WRs are listed as Austin Rogers, Josh Briscoe, and Lucas Taylor. Not too confident about that but we'll see. No one was confident about Meach, Swain and Smith last year even though they were infinitely more talented than the top 3 this year are.

Eric Berry is also listed as the backup CB behind Marsalous and Gaines. He's gonna play alot though. He's been impressive as hell during practices and scrimmages.

Coker was also reinstated to the team. He will start practice immediately but won't make the trip to Cal.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I see many familiar names on your Depth Chart, Pit Bull. But do you know anything about the corners? I don't recognize either starters. To VolNation!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Gaines and Johnson are both smallish, 5'9 each I think. Marsalous Johnson has apparently be one of the more impressive guys during practices, I think he got the most improved award on defense this spring. Not much else to go on but that.

Eric Berry will be starting sooner rather than later anyway.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

So 3 of our starting four DB's are 5'9? I know what Hefney brings, but these other two better be faster than Moses.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Won't matter. Berry is about 6'0 195 and IS fast as hell. He'll be in alot.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

He's still a freshman... I hope he's up to speed and starting for the Florida game. We beat Cal 28-17 last year, right?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

35-18

But most of their points came at the end against our backups
Old 08-27-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yeah. I think EVERYONE knew it was over after the 3rd quarter.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
35-18

But most of their points came at the end against our backups
Yeah I was at that game and Fulmer pulled most of the starters in the 3rd quarter...It was the biggest domination I have seen in a while. Cal looked like they got ran over by a train, they couldnt handle our size, speed and the atmosphere that day at Neyland

hope it isnt the other way around this year...im scared about the unknown this year

All-hail Bulluck
Old 09-02-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

45-31... *sigh*

A few things I realized:

1) Our defense definitely declined from last year. They'd miss tackles, and didn't look fast at all. Got little pressure from the front four, and the potential loss of Xavier Mitchell will make that even worse. Every where else looked average at best. If this unit doesn't improve, Tim Tebow is gonna have a field day.

2) Our secondary showed their size. They covered fairly well, especially against those WR's, aside from a pass interference penalty. But, they could not shed a block to save their lives! Add that to their poor tackling skills, and they made Forsett look like a Mack truck. Which leads me to...

3) START ERIC BERRY!!!

4) We have absolutely no play makers at WR. Taylor, Briscoe, and Rogers were ok, but there were no threats when it came to a big play. Just a 10 yard pass, and hopefully a missed tackle for an extra 5 yards. Someone better emerge or its going to be a long season. I mean, the RB was a bigger threat to score when he was receiving out of the backfield. Which also brings me to...

5) When did Ainge become Captain Checkdown?! A Piece of advice for Mr. Ainge: When its 3rd and 12, don't, for the love of everything holy, throw the ball 3 yards to your RB who's got a man covering him! I know you have little to work with when it comes to your receivers, but c'mon! You're down by two TD's! Maybe, and I know this sounds crazy, but maybe throwing the ball to someone who's past the 1st down marker, even if they're covered fairly well, has a better chance of making the 1st down than hoping your 230 pound RB can break a tackle, and then run the extra 9 yards to prolong your drive?

6) It was very unwise to punt it to Desean Jackson. If he even got a relatively good return, the crowd would be pumped up for at least 2 more possessions. Let alone score a TD on it! Way to show your arrogance and challenge him, and then wuss out the rest of the game by pooching it out of bounds.

7) Are Herbstreit and Musberger(sp?) on California's payroll? I mean, they were making the game sound like it was over after Cal's first 2 scores. Not to mention all the "Wow!"s, "What an amazing play!"'s, "The Wizard of Returns!", and any other superlative after almost every other positive play Cal produced. I never really bought into the "West Coast Bias" argument, but after seeing replay after replay of Cal plays, and all the attention paid to their players, I'm a believer.

That was sloppy playing. It was not Tennessee football. But hey, it could be worse. We could be Michigan.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EB = BEAST!!! Great game tonight had one hell of a time.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
Maryland. Lived here my whole life. When I first started getting into football the Oilers were my best friend's favorite team so I've stuck with them the whole time.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote