Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I dont get to see this until Sunday 9pm, although it is free. So pumped for GSP vs Kos. I see Couture beating Gonzaga but should be a good fight as well.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea, I see it going 5 rounds and Zaga not being able to keep up, but a lot say Zaga will win by KO within the first two rounds.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Yea, I see it going 5 rounds and Zaga not being able to keep up, but a lot say Zaga will win by KO within the first two rounds.
I really dont see Zaga KO-ing Captain America. I think this fight ends in a decision. Randy should come in doing the same thing he did against Sylvia, he needs to be the aggressor, he needs to push the pace and wear down Gonzaga.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

I agree, I mean everyone talks about how forceful and powerful and overall dominant Zaga is, but as far as I'm concerned, there are not too many fighters, if any, who are more powerful than Tim Sylvia, and if there are, it's not by much. We all saw what Couture did to him, I really don't think that it will be any different than with Gonzaga. I honestly don't see Gonzaga knocking him out, the only way I see Couture losing is if it gets to become a wrestling match with Couture on the bottom, in which case Zaga will use his outstanding submition techniques.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont really buy into Gonzaga yet. As far as im concerned one fluke win against Mirko Cro Cop is not enough to consider him a true elite HW. I mean if anyone seen the Jordan/Gonzaga fight, it was god awful until Gonzaga again got a lucky shot. I think hes a good fighter just not top notch.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couture via spanking... ask Tito!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Tito cry after that match

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OiZ8ZVUUvAo

^^^UFC 74 promo
Old 08-24-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Most likely $39.95. But if you have good internet searching skills I am sure you can find it for about $39.95 cheaper than that.
if you find it could you pm me a link, i'll probably be going to hooters to watch it, but just in case

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
That fight would be way to much like Rocky 5. A old fighter who is good but out of his prime against a Russian who is part robot.
I think you mean Rocky 4, not 5.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea on of those.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
if you find it could you pm me a link, i'll probably be going to hooters to watch it, but just in case
Do all hooters play PPV events, I didn't know that they did that. I don't wanna sound like a old nanny but that sounds illegal.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Do all hooters play PPV events, I didn't know that they did that. I don't wanna sound like a old nanny but that sounds illegal.
Are you not familiar with the concept of sports bars? That's what they do.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Yea but I didn't know they were aloud to broadcast PPV and things like that.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah a lot of places do that, you can usually find lists on the MMA blog sites about which places are playing it. Hooters usually plays every MMA event.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
They have to pay an extreme premium. I was told before what it was but I was drunk and don't remember.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember for the oscar de la hoya floyd mayweather fight at most bars etc. you had to pay like 25 bucks cover charge.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Hey, I'm not sure exactly what the schedule is tomorrow, so if anyone has any knowledge on this, could someone let me know. I'm just wondering as to what time (specifically) each fight is tomorrow, because I know it starts at 9:45, but like the Mayweather/ De La Hoya fight, the main fight probably won't start till like 12.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Hey, I'm not sure exactly what the schedule is tomorrow, so if anyone has any knowledge on this, could someone let me know. I'm just wondering as to what time (specifically) each fight is tomorrow, because I know it starts at 9:45, but like the Mayweather/ De La Hoya fight, the main fight probably won't start till like 12.
Usually the fights dont start until 10, There are usually 4-5 live fights, so the main even will be either the 4th or 5th fight. They have pre card fights that are usually pre recorded from early in the night that are played after the main event to fill up any extra time.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Main Card Bouts:Main Card Bouts:
-Randy Couture (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (#6 Heavyweight in the World)*
-Georges St. Pierre (#2 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Josh Koscheck (#4 Welterweight in the World)*
-Joe Stevenson (#10 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Kurt Pellegrino
-Kendall Grove vs. Patrick Cote
-Roger Huerta vs. Alberto Gonzales Crane

Preliminary Bouts:
-Marcus Aurelio vs. Clay Guida
-Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. David Heath
-Antoni Hardonk vs. Frank Mir
-Thales Leites vs. Ryan Jensen

(mmaweeklys rankings not mine)

Here is the fight card, the first fight will be the Huerta fight and than it will be the grove/cote fight and so on.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Awesome, thanks so much man. I really can't wait for this tonight...

Old 08-25-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ok so tonights the fight whats everyones predictions?

Thales Leites vs. Ryan Jensen Thales has sick potential, I think he will add another win to his record. I say Submission (Arm Bar) round 2.

Antoni Hardonk vs. Frank Mir You never know what to expect when Frank Mir fights, will it be the old frank mir or the newer crappier frank mir? Judging by the weigh in photos Frank is in decent shape for this fight, I think if he can get the fight to the ground its over. Hardonk is a word class kickboxer so the only way i see him winning is with a KO. Prediction: Frank Mir via Unanimous Decision

Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. David Heath Babalu is making his way back up the ladder towards getting a title shot, it will be a long road and I do not think he suffers his 3rd loss in 3 fights. Babalu via Rear Naked Choke. Round 2.

Marcus Aurelio vs. Clay Guida Guida seems to be the popular pick with this fight, I like his energy but I havent seen much else that has left me super impressed. Aurelio is a proven veteran in MMA even holding a win over Takanori Gomi (though Gomi later avenged his loss) I am not going to be one of the masses riding Guidas bandwagon Aurelio via Unanimous decision

I will post the main card momentarily
Old 08-25-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

I've only just started to get into this stuff, so I don't really know much, and I don't know anything about the lesser guys, so I'm just basing this off of what I've seen...

Antoni Hardonk vs. Frank Mir - Frank Mir wins in round 3 via submission

Randy Couture (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (#6 Heavyweight in the World)* - Randy Couture wins in round 5 via unanimous decision

Georges St. Pierre (#2 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Josh Koscheck (#4 Welterweight in the World)* - GSP wins in round 2 via KO/TKO

Old 08-25-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I say Couture by split decision and St.Pierre by KO.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Randy Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga I feel really confident in saying Randy Couture via unanimous decision

Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck I am really torn with this fight, I keep going back adn fourth, final prediction: GSP KO Round 1

Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino If Joe Daddy wins hes very well setting himself up to fight Penn for the title in september so I think that gives him the motivation to win. Joe Daddy TKO via GNP: Round 2

-Kendall Grove vs. Patrick Cote I love Cote, but the reach is gonna kill him, If he wins it will be by KO but I see Grove by Sub round 1 ( dont see it leaving round 1 either way)

Roger Huerta vs. Alberto Gonzales Crane Might surprise some but Crane by Sub round 3
Old 08-25-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Alright, the way I see it.

Randy Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga Gonzaga.

Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck 2 of my favorites and if anyone saw SpikeTVs preview night full of UFC than you know these guys both are very confident and are training hard. Im gonna go GSP.

Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino Joe Daddy

-Kendall Grove vs. Patrick Cote Spyder

Roger Huerta vs. Alberto Gonzales Crane Mr. SI cover Huerta.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote