Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-24-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys feel about Slaton? If some how miss out on both Stewart and D-Mac, Slaton wouldn't be a horrible fall back plan. Apparently he's put on some muscle, don't know how much but hopefully something significant, seeing he was around 185-190 last seaon. But he does have the breakout speed and shiftiness to compliment MBIII.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, looking at the ALL NFC EAST thread, I can say that Jason Ferguson is the most under-appreciate DT in the NFC. Even some Cowboys fans don't consider him good, while I think he's great.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
How do you guys feel about Slaton? If some how miss out on both Stewart and D-Mac, Slaton wouldn't be a horrible fall back plan. Apparently he's put on some muscle, don't know how much but hopefully something significant, seeing he was around 185-190 last seaon. But he does have the breakout speed and shiftiness to compliment MBIII.
Yes, I am a fan of Slaton. He shows great patience and burst, excellent cut back ability, has home run speed... and it's funny, but somehow he avoids a lot of contact. I would be happy to see his name on the back of a Cowboys jersey. Getting him in Round 2 would be hard though... I'd imagine.

Still... McFadden is on another level.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey guys, i was wondering waht you think about marion barber this season. will he overtake jones for the starting job?
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
hey guys, i was wondering waht you think about marion barber this season. will he overtake jones for the starting job?
Jones will probably remain the starter to begin the season but in games last year jones would start but barber would finish with more carries and the td's. I dont know if the starting label really applies in this situation. In fact, we may see the carries divided between 3 this year with barber getting the majority is my guess.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Julius will still see the bulk...by a slight margin. I think Juice is poised for a good year. The stats may not reflect it yet but, he looks like a different back this pre season...he's hitting holes real hard. I wouldnt be surprised if he has a big year and re-signs. That would eliminate another draft want. Marion will have another good year...I def. dont expect to see 14 rushing tds again but, he'll be his usually solid self for us. As Burns said, Tyson may steal away some carries from both and I welcome that...Tyson has earned it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

I think when its all said and done Barber will become the starter during the season. He was an absolute beast in preseason. Jones was good, but Barber was just better. If Barber replicates what he did last season and produces more yards, he could be signing a long term contract in Dallas. I love Jones as an elusive runner, but Barber just brings consistency, power, and attitude.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Who of you is in favor of going after Turner next season? I think we should if we can afford it, he will be a huge upgrade over Julius.
If we'll sign Turner we should enter the draft looking at CB, WR, LT, NT. And if Free shows to be the real deal, we can pick two elite very good prospects to replace the old guys on our team.
Next year's draft will be very exciting for us Cowboys fans.

I'd be more in favor of going after Asante Samuel in FA than Turner. I don't like paying big bucks for guys that have never been starters in the NFL. Lamont Jordan and Troy Hambrick come to mind as players that looked good part time then didn't as much full time. Chester Taylor was a signee for Minnesota and although he had a good season, they still drafted Adrian Peterson so he must not have impressed the coaches that much.

I think Turner is a decent back, perhaps better than either JJ or MBIII, but won't be worth the money he's likely paid based on his past production.

Slaton does intrigue me though as Paul suggested, he's a good compliment to MBIII. But that would be with MBIII as the starter and Slaton as the change of pace guy not the other way around.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, count me as one of those who is opposed to entering the Michael Turner sweepstakes. I think investing heavily in the RB position is a mistake unless you have one of those extremely rare talents on your hands. Not sure Turner quite fits the mold, but I could be wrong. I'd rather see us add a guy through the draft. This projects to be an excellent crop, and we should be able to find our guy for cheaper than the price Turner will likely command. Unless of course that guy is McFadden. But he's a guy I'd be happy to spend big money on.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In terms of pure production, Slaton will be as good as McFadden IMHO. Think McFadden is just a more powerful and intimidating runner. Much like Stewart, I personally like big bruising backs with speed moreso than the shifty guys.

With that said, I can only imagine how good Slaton will be in a Broncos type system where he can use his quickeness and speed.... and if he can learn to catch, my prediction is we won't be talking Reggie Bush in two-three years. Slaton is a better pure RB than Bush.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Turner, nice back. Not for Dallas.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turner can't block to save his life no thanks...

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I don't see Turner as being that much of an upgrade over JJ--not for what it would cost.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put it this way...if turner was to play for parcells he would have saw as much of the field as tyson thompson did...because he might as well fall on the ground when the ball is snapped...atleast that would make the defender run around or jump over him...when he tries to block it is almost like he is scared.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-25-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

On another note just got done rewatching the first half of the Denver game.

Got to be excited. We went 6-8 on 3rd down conversions and held them 0-6 I believe.

They couldn't run the ball on us which is great...some people though we'd be weak in the middle but we held a team to about 25 yards on 10 carries in the first half. Keep in mind they ran all over SF for 189 yards. I would say that is a pretty good showing.

Cutler has no sync and we were getting constant pressure and his outlets were lit up immediately.

On offense Romo was efficient.

Columbo was the only weak spot...hopefully he comes back stronger next game.

Hurd really looked good along with Crayton.

JJ looks the same to me...decisive in his cuts but still goes down at first contact.

For the first time in ever I would love to see MB3 more between the 20's. He is a workhorse.

All in All I have huge aspirations for this cowboys team.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-25-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is def. a lot to like thus far...Our main problem has been a couple injury scares. They are def. something to keep an eye on but, as of right now, none are considered very serious. I have big for expectations this year...can't wait to get this thing started.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-25-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

leftwich7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i have a fantasy league on yahoo if anybody is interested, live draft sept 3. information is on the jags team discussion page

big ups to Sf49ers1121
leftwich7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

For those dont get the game tonight...it re-airs on NFL Network tomorrow...11:00 A.M. ET.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-26-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Tyson may steal away some carries from both and I welcome that...Tyson has earned it.
well said...couldnt agree more myself...he's a player id hate to see us part with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

We need to keep these guys somehow .... they can play.

Courtney Brown (athlete)
Matt Moore (get some meat on him)
Miles Austin (looked like a #1 vs the back ups)
John Saldi (looks like a 3-4 LB)
Abram Elam (Better than Roy if given the shot)
Nick Folk (Maybe the starter)
Tony Curtis (Can we trade Witten or Fasano for a starting CB?)

Anyway..............
Old 08-30-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
We need to keep these guys somehow .... they can play.

Courtney Brown (athlete)
Matt Moore (get some meat on him)
Miles Austin (looked like a #1 vs the back ups)
John Saldi (looks like a 3-4 LB)
Abram Elam (Better than Roy if given the shot)
Nick Folk (Maybe the starter)
Tony Curtis (Can we trade Witten or Fasano for a starting CB?)

Anyway..............
Bold= Locks, imo.

Miles had a solid night...so, did Urban...I'm still up in there air w/ that whole situation right now.

Courtney got the pick...he is a hell of an athlete but, I'm not sure if he has done enough to make the team.

Saldi has been off and on...he'll probably get cut but, we wont have a problem getting him on the PS.

As for trading Witten or Fasano...once again a total fantasy. Trades are rare in the NFL, this isnt Madden or fantasy football. Curtis has been a fine player this preseason but, he is not the talent of either of those two.

Elam is pretty good but, he's no Roy Williams. Hell, I'd take Davis over Elam. Elam should make the team as our 5th safety...I just cant see us cutting him...Davis would be the primary bup and Elam would continue to be a solid contributer on ST.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-30-2007 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Locks, imo.

Miles had a solid night...so, did Urban...I'm still up in there air w/ that whole situation right now.

Courtney got the pick...he is a hell of an athlete but, I'm not sure if he has done enough to make the team.

Saldi has been off and on...he'll probably get cut but, we wont have a problem getting him on the PS.

As for trading Witten or Fasano...once again a total fantasy. Trades are rare in the NFL, this isnt Madden or fantasy football. Curtis has been a fine player this preseason but, he is not the talent of either of those two.

Elam is pretty good but, he's no Roy Williams. Hell, I'd take Davis over Elam. Elam should make the team as our 5th safety...I just cant see us cutting him...Davis would be the primary bup and Elam would continue to be a solid contributer on ST.
I realise we are not trading a TE. Just asking (begging) for an answer to the CB hole we have.

Elam can cover and actually play safety. Davis is a Special Teamer. I would cut Davis and save the salary.

Saldi is raw but he has the size and build. Reminds me of Gary Reasons from the 1980s. I would keep him somewhere and develop him. He has the 3-4 ILB look.

Brown is too much of an athlete to let go. I love athletes on the back end of the roster.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
I realise we are not trading a TE. Just asking (begging) for an answer to the CB hole we have.

Elam can cover and actually play safety. Davis is a Special Teamer. I would cut Davis and save the salary.

Saldi is raw but he has the size and build. Reminds me of Gary Reasons from the 1980s. I would keep him somewhere and develop him. He has the 3-4 ILB look.

Brown is too much of an athlete to let go. I love athletes on the back end of the roster.
I just cant see us cutting Elam or Davis...I think they'll both make it. Both are valuable players in their own right. In Wade's system, I like Davis more than Elam.

Brown has shown some flashes here and there but, he is playing safety now. That would be 6...highly unlikely. It also doesnt look like we have a spot for him at corner either...that will be an interesting cut but, right now...I'd say he's going to the PS.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-30-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
I just cant see us cutting Elam or Davis...I think they'll both make it. Both are valuable players in their own right. In Wade's system, I like Davis more than Elam.

Brown has shown some flashes here and there but, he is playing safety now. That would be 6...highly unlikely. It also doesnt look like we have a spot for him at corner either...that will be an interesting cut but, right now...I'd say he's going to the PS.

Be nice to keep an athlete like that and give him time to season.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't understand how you got the "Elam can cover and coul be better than Roy Wiliams" thing. First Elam can't sniff Roy's jock in the run support. Second, Elam was late in almost every pass play during the first two games of this preseason (the only two I saw), playing against backup QB's and backup WR's.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote