Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
I just want to note that the poll was

17 yes 4 no

Before the game started.

Votes taken since then are

4 yes 11 no

Bandwaggoning is fun.
and I would like to note that I was one of the original 4 No votes. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:22 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Everyone likes the Bears...

Quote:
....and I don't like it.
its ok man, i still think the bears suck.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
Quote:
....and I don't like it.
its ok man, i still think the bears suck.
I know you do..and I appreciate that.

Oh...and even after last night's disaster..Rex Grossman is STILL leaps and bounds above Brett Favre in terms of performance this year.
Brett Favre is a joke. 8)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:54 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealous, closet Favre fan
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jealous, closet Favre fan

Old 10-17-2006, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
....and I don't like it.

There's nothing to argue about anymore. The media is sucking at our collective tit...everyone is madly in love with Rex Grossman...even I'm tired of the nightly story about how we're dominating the freakin' Bills on Sportscenter. Yes we're 5-0, yes we have a good team, yes we have a very easy schedule, but will someone doubt us please? I've got nothing to argue about or even care for the next month till we play the Giants in New York. Even Michael Irvin, a guy that hates teams like Chicago, has us as his best team. Blah. Where are Packer homers when you need them? Where is bigblue and his disrepect towards the cover 2? Hell, I still don't think Grossman is much of an upgrade over J.P Losman.

I still hope we cream the Cardinals though. :twisted:
Well, you know my stance on Cover 2. I think it will get exposed in the playoffs, its just too basic. But more importantly, Rex is gonna have that second half slump. We're seeing it happen right now. And everyone on River's jock, get prepared to see the same.

But this team is still the front runner to have homefield advantage. I think the Giants/Bears game will be a good measuring stick to how good they really are. Im looking forward to it.

And to the guys saying that the Bears stole that game...listen.

1. No they didn't. Its a 4 quarter ball game, and Arizona played 3 quarters.

2. Blame the oline, Edge, Neil Rackers and the special teams, thats what lost the game. And poor playcalling.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:47 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Best team so far. Though I have to give the best defense honors to Denver.

Best offensive Bear team I ever saw.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:52 AM    (permalink

I had the Bears picked in August so i wouldn't call myself a band-waggoner, but this is October and before i call them the best team i need to see more football...it is way too early.

Sure Rex and the O will evetually have big slump, but as he all have seen that defense can win the game for you.

If the ship goes down, i am going down with it.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Smith called this a team of destiny. Baaad move.

My preseason pick (Falcons) is not making me look too smart right now, but I'm not hopping on the Bears banwagon for the Super Bowl just yet. I might consider putting the Panthers there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10

My preseason pick (Falcons) is not making me look too smart right now, but I'm not hopping on the Bears banwagon for the Super Bowl just yet. I might consider putting the Panthers there.
Why is that a bad move? He's the head coach..you want your players to think that there is something special going on.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10

Why is that a bad move? He's the head coach..you want your players to think that there is something special going on.
I see where you're coming from, but I wouldn't want to use or hear the words "special" or "destiny" 6 weeks into the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:20 PM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the Bears are the best team in the NFL right now.

During the 2nd quarter last night, I wouldn't have said that. The operative is "right now."

When the Bears are on their game--like they were in against GB, Detroit, Seattle, and Buffalo--no other team has shown the same versatility and power. Except maybe San Diego and possibly Denver... but I haven't seen much of them play this year.

Consistency is key... if the Bears play at the level they're capable of, it'll be hard for them to lose. Obviously for 3 quarters last night, they didn't play at that level.

The next game will be very interesting. They've got 12 days to rest, recuperate, and figure out what the frick kind of high school team they were playing like in AZ, and bounce back against another "gimme" win. If they roll all over SF like they did in games 1, 2, 4, & 5, then maybe we can agree that the "good" Bears team is the real Bears team. If they eke out another win, maybe it's time to knock them off the pedastal and anoint San Diego.

The problem for a lot of Bears fans is that the last good Bears team was the 1985 (through 1987) squad, so we compare all teams to that impossibly high standard. It's all we've got (at least for those of us who don't need geritol) to compare to... which makes us do stupid things like wonder out loud if this team will run the table.

And, as Madden has said, 1985 was a great year for pro football, and when the Bears are good, the NFL is more fun to watch. That's not just homerism... that's testifying to the largest undivided media market in the country, a media market that is a dedicated football city, a club with a rich historical tradition, and the legacy of one of the most colorful (and greatest) teams of all time.

I drink the Kool-Aid because I want to re-live those years when the Bears were great and football was fun. But I think the 2006 team is really very good. And if they continue to perform, or even improve, I don't think it's being too goofy to be optimistic.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I do think they're overrated in terms of "hype" but I think their desire to win puts them over the top, they just want it more than every team they play now, everybody knows they had no business winning that game last night, the thing about teams that people think will go undefeated is that always get a wake up call and lose, prime example would be the 85 Bears, but somehow I think they got that wake up call last night and still won. If this team can get through that three game road stretch at the Jets, at the Giants and at the Patriots then they're as for real as everyone thinks they are. But I don't think they will, somebody will figure them out, hell the Cardinals had em figured out last night, the Cards defense looked like Bears Defense.

On a side note, I just realized something, while everybody accuses Packers fans of being homerific, maybe so (we do overrate some of our players) - how come everytime I watch a Chicago news sports segment I hear Super Bowl talk, how come I saw footage last night of people saying "I think we're going all the way, I think the question is who we'll be playing in the Super Bowl" While WATCHING THE GAME AT A SPORTS BAR(should they be talking like that while they're losing?). What about the fans who talk about Ditka like he's the greatest coach ever? All he did was coach a team that won one Super Bowl. He's not even close to being one of the greatest NFL coaches of all time. On top of that, where do you think the famed "Superfans" came from? HOMERISM. I'm not doubting the Bears, in fact before last season I felt something special about that team through training camp, that they weren't gonna be the same old disapointing Bears. But I'm not overrating them either, and it's not because I'm a Packer fan, it's because living in the Chicago suburbs I've seen every one of their games this year start to finish, and most of them last year. I think there's very knowledgeable Bears fans that know this Super Bowl talk isn't right but there's FAR MORE people who are interested when good things happen.

moving on:
This has little to do with this post but more to do with the topic. My Dad is a terrible Bears fan(I'm a Packer fan cause of my mom's side) all he did was check the score in previous years, which he still does but he's more "interested from a distance" still checking the score(if he walks past the TV!) , but he talked like he was gonna watch the game last night, even to his friend who's a real fan, but all he did was check the score a few times and went to bed before the game was over. His ass isn't interested in learning the game, in fact, if I had a millon dollars I'd bet that he couldn't name 3 CURRENT BEARS PLAYERS IN 15 SECONDS. I'm always watching sports and all he does is glance at the tv and check the scores and pretend and it pisses me off, our relationship isn't that good so I'd appreciate it if we shared a bond in sports regardless of the teams, just sports in general. Which is a great thing to have. He did the same thing when the Sox won the World Series, didn't watch a single freakin game. You true Bears fans should be ashamed you have numerous people like this pretending to be a part of your cult following. Sorry I felt like I had to vent.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Most Bears fans are gigantic homers, we just happen to have (and have had) a pretty good crop on this site. I agree though, I can't talk to most Bears fans because they have such a vastly inflated view of their own team.

I do disagree that they are unknowledgeable though. Most Bears fans at least know what is going on with their own team, your Dad sounds like an exception. And I'm truely sorry you don't have a better relationship, maybe one day that will change.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedNavyandOrange
I drink the Kool-Aid because I want to re-live those years when the Bears were great and football was fun. But I think the 2006 team is really very good. And if they continue to perform, or even improve, I don't think it's being too goofy to be optimistic.
I agree with this for the most part.

All of the

"I can't wait for you to choke in the playoffs"

Is kinda funny to me. If we go 13-3 and lose at home in the NFC Championship game (we have to win at least one game) I will consider the season a huge success. All this Superbowl or bust talk is a little overinflated. I just like to win games and watch my Bears do well. I'd much rather be a Bears fan even if that means watching my team choke in the playoffs than be a Browns fan and not have anything to cheer about at all.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:12 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just want to note that the poll was

17 yes 4 no

Before the game started.

Votes taken since then are

4 yes 11 no

Bandwaggoning is fun.

I was one of the four yes votes after the game started. It was 20-0 when I voted. I didn't even care that they were probly gonna lose, I still know they're the best team so far. I'm not a bandwagon either because they aren't my team, they just are the best in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Most Bears fans are gigantic homers, we just happen to have (and have had) a pretty good crop on this site. I agree though, I can't talk to most Bears fans because they have such a vastly inflated view of their own team.

I do disagree that they are unknowledgeable though. Most Bears fans at least know what is going on with their own team, your Dad sounds like an exception. And I'm truely sorry you don't have a better relationship, maybe one day that will change.
lol, well it's not that bad he just doesn't get the big picture, basically he could do a better job is what I mean, he kinda half asses it plus he drinks and I can't get through to him on that. I have it better than some people though and that's all I can ask for. But anyway... the unknowledgable part-what I meant was why this and why that, understanding why they're good and such. Schemes etc... like everybody knows the Packers have been running the West Coast Offense for years. I'd like to see more Bears fans being interviewed talking about what types of things the team does instead of getting full of themselves. It's amazing how much I've learned about football by just absorbing what the announcers say even though it seems like they all suck. More people should try it.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some shutout. :roll:

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:50 PM    (permalink

The Bears are the best team in the nfc so far. I don't know if they are the best in the nfl though The teams in thier division are weak, so that will help thier record. To me a good team will find ways to win. That is what the bears did last night. Rex may have had a horrible game, but the rest of the team came up big when they had to. I'm not saying the bears will go to the superbowl, but they have a good shot so far. The season is early, so a key injury could end that run, or maybe they will even go on a bad streak.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:51 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by snortie
The Bears are the best team in the nfc so far. I don't know if they are the best in the nfl though The teams in thier division are weak, so that will help thier record. To me a good team will find ways to win. That is what the bears did last night. Rex may have had a horrible game, but the rest of the team came up big when they had to. I'm not saying the bears will go to the superbowl, but they have a good shot so far. The season is early, so a key injury could end that run, or maybe they will even go on a bad streak.
Who do you think is better than the Bears?
Old 10-17-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by snortie
Who do you think is better than the Bears?
I think Denver could give them a good run, New England, S.D. The teams with very good defenses could beat them. I'm not sold on the bears offense yet, the D is great, but just because you have the best record in the NFL, doesn't mean your the best. Colts are also undefeated, but I don't believe they are the best in the AFC either. The way the Panthers are winning, they could be the best, and I also wouldn't count the Steelers out of anything yet.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

last night was a response to the first 5 games of the season. Arizona dared us to beat them with the run game. They dropped into coverage and made sure we didnt pass on them. Dumbass Ron Turner and Rex Grossman (its his fault for not checking off), should have gone to the run. They both got caught up in the hype of having "the most prolific offense" in the league and thats unacceptable. Plain and simple, we are a running team. Everyone doubted our air attack at the beginning of the season so they stacked the box. We burned them. Now ppl are playing us honest, Ron Turner should now call a much more balanced game. Period. Thanks for listening.
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There will be some doubters after they almost lost to Arizona. The offense looked absolutly horrible.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:02 PM    (permalink

I still believe the Bears are the best team in the NFL.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
I still believe the Bears are the best team in the NFL.
You are a classy fan cards. And you handled that loss pretty darn well last night, I woulda flipped my lid if we choked like that against Arizona.

While I love the comment, it's 6 games into the season, and we haven't proven anything yet besides we'd played 5 very good weeks of football and one really crappy won, and we're 6-0. Too bad 6 wins doesn't mean a championship. We're talented yes but we're not a "great" team like the media was saying we were. A darn good team, yes, a great one hell no, at least not yet.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote