Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...900#post577900
Come join us,
The National Fantasy League enters its second year and needs new players to come in and be rookies. More info inside.
do it. 10 characters

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive been hearing that we are trying to trade Colin Cole and Dave Rayner. Possible teams interested are Dallas, Giants and Falcons. Take it with a grain of salt at this time though.

According to a person familiar with the situation, GM Ted Thompson is looking to trade one of his young kickers and a defensive tackle between now and when final cuts are due on Saturday afternoon. The players being used as bait are believed to be Dave Rayner and Colin Cole. “Thompson thinks that those guys are simply too good to just release, so he’s working hard to get something done,” said the source. “If he can’t, it wouldn’t surprise me if he decides to keep both players around - even if it means carrying two kickers and six tackles.”

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Ive been hearing that we are trying to trade Colin Cole and Dave Rayner. Possible teams interested are Dallas, Giants and Falcons. Take it with a grain of salt at this time though.

According to a person familiar with the situation, GM Ted Thompson is looking to trade one of his young kickers and a defensive tackle between now and when final cuts are due on Saturday afternoon. The players being used as bait are believed to be Dave Rayner and Colin Cole. “Thompson thinks that those guys are simply too good to just release, so he’s working hard to get something done,” said the source. “If he can’t, it wouldn’t surprise me if he decides to keep both players around - even if it means carrying two kickers and six tackles.”
Games won in the trenches. The coaching staff believes that. I hope we don't trade Cole. Rayner, well, if we can, I say go for it.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like both these guys alot and i only wanna trade them for players who will help NOW and maybe a 7th.
From Dallas maybe Crayton?
From New York and Atlanta i dont know anyone interesting i would like
Maybe warrick dunn!

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post

I'd like to trade Rayner and keep Cole. Rayner would likely only draw a 7th rounder if anything, but it's worth a try. This part also doesn't make sense “If he can’t, it wouldn’t surprise me if he decides to keep both players around - even if it means carrying two kickers and six tackles.” Cole would only be the 5th DT. I really like the DT depth that we have and would like to keep it that way. I guess I can see where it's coming from since getting all 5 decent playing time could be hard. I believe Thompson likes the depth as much as I do though so I wouldn't count on a trade happening there.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Brandon Jackson is suffering from a concussion. Got the info from Kffl.com, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, seeing as how Harrell is the 6th tackle, this looks like TT's first two rounds aren't up to the task this year. Jackson will hopefully come back from his concussion, if that's what he has, and play but I worry about the new NFL guidelines on concussions. Having Greg Olsen in R1 would have made this a great draft for the offense, considering Jackson and Jone in 2 and 3. Corey Williams and Cole are solid, toss in Pickett and what was the problem? Oh, and the JSOnline has Johnny Jolly graded as the best DT in 1-on-1;s and he could be starting this season. Daniel Muir has been better than Harrell for that matter.

Picking a TE wouldn't have solved the RB situation the team is in now, but either did taking an injured DT or an injured RB. TT's picks from 3+ have the potential to be as good as last year's draft. It's just have been nice if TT would have picked a guys in R1 and R2 without the injury Hx.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whos been doing better on Kickoffs, rayner or crosby?

Old 08-28-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
whos been doing better on Kickoffs, rayner or crosby?
Rayner, but that's not saying Crosby hasn't been doing well. I mean after all Rayner did average the longest kickoffs in the league last year.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Hodge likely to go on IR http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=652809
Old 08-28-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I expected this, I think it means TT wants to keep Bishop on the roster.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much time is Jackson expected to miss with his concussion?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Powdrell was put on IR.

I know this isnt that big of news really but we needed to cut 1 more or do something else to get down to the 75 player limit by today so now we are at 75.

The Green Bay Packers placed fullback Ryan Powdrell on injured reserve with a knee injury. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, made the announcement Monday.

Originally signed as a non-drafted free agent from Southern California, Powdrell appeared in two preseason games.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
How much time is Jackson expected to miss with his concussion?

Articles are saying day to day but he'll most likely miss playing tennessee and might miss the opener against philly.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Alrite, its time to see what herron can do

Old 08-28-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

I cant wait to see Deshawn Wynn play. I liked his game a lot in college and i think he has a lot of upside, TT seems to love him as well and seems anxious to see him in game situations. Could be the wild card of the packs draft....
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
usmc0106
Rookie

usmc0106 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I cant imagine anybody they would be trying to get from dallas except maybe marion barber or julius jones but that is not going to happen. What else would they be trying to get?
usmc0106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc0106 View Post
I cant imagine anybody they would be trying to get from dallas except maybe marion barber or julius jones but that is not going to happen. What else would they be trying to get?
Dallas is deep with pass catching TEs

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of excited to see a little of Wynn also. Now I'm not sure how it works but would practice squad be an option for him if we want to keep him around but he can't make the roster?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc0106 View Post
If we trade Rayner to any team it will most likely be for picks not players.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
I'm kind of excited to see a little of Wynn also. Now I'm not sure how it works but would practice squad be an option for him if we want to keep him around but he can't make the roster?
I have been very unimpressed by Wynn, but yes he is eligible for the parctice squad if he clears waivers.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

From JSOnline
Quote:
Korey Hall, a sixth-round pick from Boise State, has won the fullback job.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Well, seeing as how Harrell is the 6th tackle, this looks like TT's first two rounds aren't up to the task this year. Jackson will hopefully come back from his concussion, if that's what he has, and play but I worry about the new NFL guidelines on concussions. Having Greg Olsen in R1 would have made this a great draft for the offense, considering Jackson and Jone in 2 and 3. Corey Williams and Cole are solid, toss in Pickett and what was the problem? Oh, and the JSOnline has Johnny Jolly graded as the best DT in 1-on-1;s and he could be starting this season. Daniel Muir has been better than Harrell for that matter.

Picking a TE wouldn't have solved the RB situation the team is in now, but either did taking an injured DT or an injured RB. TT's picks from 3+ have the potential to be as good as last year's draft. It's just have been nice if TT would have picked a guys in R1 and R2 without the injury Hx.

what makes you think harrell is the 6th tackle is see him listed as a starter

@ www.packers.com
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That is from the begining of TC, Right now Pickett is a sure starter with Williams and Jolly battling it out for the other starting tackle spot. The coaches are currently trying to get Harrell back into football shape rather then deciding his playing time.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
From JSOnline
That's great. Hopefully he can keep it up along with his job and we'll have a consistent fullback in the future.