Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 08-22-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I talked about the injury, so yeah, the injury. Haha. I'm just wondering how serious it's sounded and if it'll be a setback.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

0ur ubiquitous moderator prognosticates 12 - I never you to be so optimistic as this could one of those nagging injury for the season.

It does not bode well that Henry is not going to get many reps preseason as he and Cutler are clearly not yet on the same page (see handoff in Dallas and not breaking off routes during blitz reads). He can run well, but the first game could be . . . a little ugly as we will be blitzed to death.

If defense surrenders 200 + yards rushing per game and puts no pressure on QB, as evidence by effort so far, it will be an academic concern.
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M View Post
If defense surrenders 200 + yards rushing per game and puts no pressure on QB, as evidence by effort so far, it will be an academic concern.
The defense will improve as the season progresses - though how good it will end up being is definitely up in the air...

DL:
Lots of potential here, which is another way of saying these guys aren't playing particularly well right now. Elvis & the Rookies will improve (perhaps Gordon too?), Sam Adams will get tired and the rest aren't much more than filler.

LB:
Despite my hopes for DJ in the middle, I have to agree with njx9 that the move hasn't paid off so far. Webster might be a better fit, with DJ to WLB and Gold into the garbage... which further underscores the need for a stud SLB though the draft or FA.

DB:
Champ is the champ, so we're 25% there right from the get go. Bly *will* get burned on occasion - ask any Detroit fan about that. However, he'll also make some big plays. Lynch plays like a LB - big hits, crappy coverage. The rest are question marks, though perhaps Abdullah will emerge as a player.

Anyway, I think it would be wise to brace for a rocky start will some nice developments around mid-season. At least the offense has the firepower to put up points while the defense gets its affairs in order...
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At S, all we really need is someone to help Bly over the top, and put Lynch in the box. That's not gonna be an easy secondary to move the ball on. You've got Champ on one side, and Bly with help on the other. And if you run, we have a guy who's still one of the best 8th men in the NFL. We just need the front seven to work well. It's a shame Wilson got hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
M
Rookie

Default 1st cut is the deepest

Anyone "unexpected" getting cut in first trim down?
Old 09-02-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

You are right - is it not the annual lets get a pick from the redskins time of year. It is like Christmas in September every year!
Old 09-02-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

Default cuts down to 53 man roster

The full list of released players is as follows:

Quarterbacks: Darrell *******, Preston Parsons.
Fullbacks: Kyle Johnson.
Running Backs: None.
Wide Receivers: Glenn Martinez, Marquay McDaniel, Quincy Morgan.
Tight ends: None.
Offensive linemen: Emmanuel Akah, Greg Eslinger, Mark Fenton, Kevin McAlmont, Chad Mustard, Cliff Washburn.
Defensive linemen: John Browning, Steven Harris, Jimmy Kennedy.
Linebackers: T.J. Hollowell, Cameron Vaughn.
Safeties: Steve Cargile, Roderick Rogers.
Cornerbacks: Bill Alford, Kevin House.

I thought we might have kept one QB and Eslinger but Kyle Johnson was the only real "hmmmm" name.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to ESPN, Simeon Rice is now a Bronco.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he can still get after the QB, I like it. No such thing as too many pass rushers.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-03-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

Default Mike Bell

Sources have learned that the Broncos currently have 5 trade offers for Mike Bell. Our sources tell us that Shanahan has decided to put the decision in Mike Bell's lap. We've been told that Shanahan has spoken with Bell and laid his role out in the Broncos offense as a fullback who provides spot carries for a change of pace ("in essence," the Full Back role that Mike Anderson manned for so many years). Our sources tell us that the teams involved are Indianapolis, Green Bay, Baltimore, St. Louis, and Atlanta, with the trade offers being conditional 5th - 7th round picks.. Ultimately, the decision to depart from Denver has been put in Mike Bell's lap, leaving it up to him to decide what he thinks is best for him.

Where is Washington on this list, I was certain we would have a trade with Washington by now!

As far as Rice, I do not see 10 plus sacks but I see Rice as being a great rotational player to add impressive depth - especially on 3rd and long downs substitutions.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

The Redskins are tryign to package all their picks for the next three years to get him.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-12-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

Default Draft

Looking at the team as we now see it, subject to injury, what are your thoughts on our draft needs next year:

My thoughts are :
1. Replace Lynch (I know that I am anti-Lynch but he is too slow)
2. Linebacker - we need a MLB so DJ can move outside and Gold can be traded to washington for a second - sixth round pick, or an outside linbacker to replace Gold (which by the way Gold is a description of the weight of his arms because it would appear he cannot move them to try and wrap up a player).
3. Depth on the Offensive Line
4. a very large RB for those short yardage / inside the 10 situations
Old 09-13-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Lynch starting wouldn't be too awful if we got a great cover guy and kept Lynch near the line. Bly and Bailey could probably do well enough that a great coverage guy could cover for them if they ever faltered.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-14-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

A Ballhawk FS and a true strongside LB should headline the draft wish list. Another DT wouldn't hurt either as Sam Adams is due for a heart attack any minute...
Old 09-15-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here is a small mock of what I want to happen..

1 FS Kenny Phillips, Miami (slide Lynch over to SS so we never see him in coverage again)

2 LB Philip Wheeler, Georgia Tech (weakside linebacker to replace Gold, can play SAM or MIKE just in case)

4 DT Dre Moore, Maryland (big guy in the middle, should fit Bates' scheme)

4 WR Dorien Bryant, Purdue (blazing speed, nice hands and could help in the return game)

5 OT Duane Brown, Virginia Tech (we need tackle depth)

5 RB Kyle Bell, Colorado State (we could really use a power-runner)

7 value pick
Old 09-15-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I hope we aren't bad enough to pick K Phillips. He's probly gonna be top 10.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-16-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i see everyone kinda doggin lynch for his covereage skills but i remember when we beat the pats in the playoffs about 2 years ago when lynch had a pick lol it was probally more by luck but still..

1. S... id prefer some kinda ballhawk, some guy that could be a playmaker in a few years. last year i wanted reggie nelson so bad but as of now theres no college players that appeal to me.

2. LB... Middle or outside, doesnt really matter. If its middle then we move dj to SAM and kick out Ian Gold. if its outside, leave dj at mike n kick out gold stil.

3. OL... our guys are gettin old. we got ryan harris which is a pretty nice step but id like to see a center or guard tihs year.

4. WR... somebody really fast, so we can use him in the slot and as a returner.

5. RB or CB... at rb we cuold spell and eventually replace travis henry. at CB we would have a future replacement for bailey or bly, lets face it, champ is 29 n bly is 30. i doubt a 5th round CB would fill there shoes but who knows, maybe we get lucky.
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

is javon walker starting today
Old 09-17-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I hope we aren't bad enough to pick K Phillips. He's probly gonna be top 10.
My mock is completely unrealistic, it's just what I wish would happen. No way we could get Dorien Bryant in the 4th either.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
lynch is great at playing a zone and getting into passing lanes. he SUCKS at man and deep zones because he just doesn't have the speed to get to the ball before the receiver. which is why i'm still blown away he's at FS.
Would you prefer Ferguson at FS? ;)

No question, this is a clear problem. We need a true centerfielder kind of guy.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

How does 88 tackles and 9 INTs, with 6 kicks, a fumble, and an INT returned for TD sound? Well, Jay Cutler did that. in high school

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-20-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

so pretty much what you guys would suggest is switching ferguson and lynch..

i wouldnt mind that at all, get lynch up to play run support but i think we need a true playmaker at safety. im not sayin we need an elite safety but we do need a very talented one. theres no hiding that in a few years we will need help at cornerback to sadly. i am truly dreading the loss of champ in the future. but thats not gonna be for a while
Old 09-21-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Broncos_fan_from_uk
Rookie

Broncos_fan_from_uk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

personally i like abdulas ball skill, and if we are looking for that centerfielder type to play the deep zone (as it appeared to me that we played alot of cover 1 the past two weeks) how about jamal lewis GT. hes a SS in college but would probably switch to FS in the pros. he has great ball skills and instincts in the run game.
Broncos_fan_from_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i was taking a look into the past

Maurice Clarett Taken Before

Running Back - Marion Barber
Running Back - Brandon Jacobs
Stong Safety - Kerry Rhodes
Defensive End - Trent Cole

Barber & Jacobs may have not fit your system, but Kerry Rhodes would be amazing with John Lynch
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
thanks for that reminder. =P
is he still in jail?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote