Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:56 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler
Like dcarey said I think he could be a solid starter in the league but just won't be the Pro Bowl type.
If Jake Delhomme and Brad Johnson are pro bowlers then Frye can go to multiple stints in Honolulu. He is the second coming of Tarkenton. Give him an OL and he'll be dynamite with all those weapons.
I think he's in the wrong offense right now.

In my opinion, he's perfectly suited for a West Coast Offense. He has good pocket presence, is fairly mobile, scrambles to avoid pressure, ran the WCO in college, and it would help hide his greatest flaw, which is his lack of arm strength.

Have you watched him this year? His "zip" has really improved, as has his deep ball. He proves everygame that he can make the throws, sure he doens't have Brett Favre arm, but it is good enough.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:54 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

like I said, the biggest knock people have on Charlie is his arm, which has not been a problem at all this season. Granted he isn't throwing lasers like Leftwich or Culpepper, but he has good velocity so far.

His only problem is he isn't a veteran yet so he doesn't read defenses quite like Brett Favre or anything, and he makes some decisions that only a young QB like Charlie would take. You gotta give him time, he's only started about 8 games or so in his career
Old 10-04-2006, 10:00 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01
Considering he's never really played a full season, there's going to be many ups and downs. Winslow and Edwards have looked good thus far so the future for CLE is pretty bright. Basically the QB Chart, he's in the middle:

-Tom Brady
-Peyton Manning
-Carson Palmer

-JP Losman :)

-Charlie Frye

-Ken Dorsey
-Koy Detmer
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:25 AM    (permalink
bogart69
Rookie

bogart69 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he may be the modern day Fran Tarkenton...

I only saw him play the against the Saints and he had zero time to throw. And on too many occasions his receivers dropped catchable balls..One INT was a perfectly thrown pass to Edwards that bounced off his stone hands into the DBs..

His arm strength is questionable but his abiltity to move should help him find open receivers...I like him
bogart69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:23 PM    (permalink
FrankGore
Rookie

FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not amazed by him but I could see him becoming a top-15 QB when things get better in Cleveland.
FrankGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Thunderstruck

With his makeshift offensive line and pedestrian ground attack, I think he has been impressive. As far as I am concerned, he will make a couple of Pro Bowls if they invest some money and draft picks towards buying him more time before his confidence is shattered.

The off-season workout program he used has really helped, as his ball definitely has better zip. His ability to manipulate and move around in the pocket is superlative and he carries himself with such poise for only a second year player. He needs to make better decisions, but that should come with game experience.