Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:28 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I and several others have said, Denver at the very least deserves an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:09 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian
That's easy, Denver has the best home record over the last 20 years. Adjusting to their cities above sea level, has proved to be very difficult for every team.
we have the best home record over the last *thirty-five* years. i'm also quite sure we have the best home record since 2000 (though i certainly haven't counted the games).

how denver wasn't even an option on this....
R U Sure Seattle doesn't beat you? They're 23-3 at home since '03, but not to sure how they were the years before
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

ive been to 14 different stadiums including Chicago, Seattle, Cleveland, and Philly, and by far Philly fans take the largest toll on someone's sanity.
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:
That's easy, Denver has the best home record over the last 20 years. Adjusting to their cities above sea level, has proved to be very difficult for every team.
we have the best home record over the last *thirty-five* years. i'm also quite sure we have the best home record since 2000 (though i certainly haven't counted the games).

R U Sure Seattle doesn't beat you? They're 23-3 at home since '03, but not to sure how they were the years before
The Chiefs are like 42-4 since 2000 or 2001 at home.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:18 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:

just since shanny got here, we're 70-18, and that doesn't even begin to count about two more decades of excellence.

since 1974, we're 188-61-1. if you can find a team with a better record than that i'll be flabbergasted.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:

just since shanny got here, we're 70-18, and that doesn't even begin to count about two more decades of excellence.

since 1974, we're 188-61-1. if you can find a team with a better record than that i'll be flabbergasted.
We have the highest home winning percentage since 92'.......kudos?
Old 10-20-2006, 11:48 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:

source? not that i don't believe you, but i'd like to see a list if one exists
Old 10-21-2006, 03:49 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Toughest Place to Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
What stadium is the toughest to play at as the visiting team?

Assuming the home team is winning. I will add options upon request to the poll.
The RCA Dome deserves some consideration. The Colts are 17-2 there since 2004, the noise level consistently gets to that of a jet engine, and teams try to lobby complaints that the Colts "pump noise" into the stadium (though they've never done that when I've been there).
I still think the piped in noise was an issue. Jaguars.com Senior Reporter Vic Ketchman has noted that the RCA Dome is not nearly as loud as it was before the complaints. Several Steelers players also said there was a noticeable dropoff in the level of noise in the regular season game and the playoff game.
Does he have scientific evidence to back that? Because an independent study was done immediately after those accusations were made, and it was found that the next week against Tennessee (a team that wasn't even a competitor last season) the RCA Dome actually reached HIGHER decibel levels than it had the previous week. So, unless he can debunk that, or provide his own evidence to the contrary, I'll believe the scientific evidence.
There was no scientific evidence. Ketchman and the Steelers' players were merely voicing their opinion that they felt the crowd level isn't as loud as it was before the accusations were made. It could be nothing more than coincidence.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:25 AM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:

but your fans are still nice. Philly's are mean and wont hesitate to throw a beer on you.
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:27 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC hands down
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:

source? not that i don't believe you, but i'd like to see a list if one exists
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs

Quote:
Since 1992, no NFL team has a better regular season home winning percentage than Kansas City (27-5 (.844) record).
Take Wikipedia for what it's worth.

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/581293.html

That just has some pointless facts.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:39 PM    (permalink

used to be lambert field before sherman wrecked the team. Now, I'd have to say Seatttle.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I would vote for Philly but that's probably heavily influenced by the fact that I'm a Cowboys fan. Philly has to be at least top 2 or 3 for sure, the weather can be a factor late in the season and the fans are always loud and crazy, but the new Linc doesn't seem quite as intimadating as the old Vet.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:18 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm gonna say either the Bears are Packers. The reason for the Bears is it is so windy you can barly throw the ball. Packers their field during the winter time is so damn cold.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:22 PM    (permalink
jmanz
Rookie

jmanz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm gonna have to say Kansas City. Man that place gets rockin.
jmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
used to be lambert field before sherman wrecked the team. Now, I'd have to say Seatttle.
very true

but stilll it has to be soldier, Green Bay, seattle, or Denver.
The metrodome should just be illegal because it's soo gay.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote