Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 08-20-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Falcons after Brunell?

Washington Times

Quote:
The Atlanta Falcons are believed to be talking to the Redskins about a trade for quarterback Brunell.

Brunell, who could be on his way to third-string status in Washington, played for new Falcons coach Bobby Petrino in Jacksonville from 1999-2001 so he's familar with the scheme. Brunell, who'll be 37 next month, doesn't have much left, but he could get the Falcons through the season if Harrington can't. Petrino could then draft Brian Brohm, his former Louisville quarterback in April.
I think he would actually be much better than Harrington.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If anything would happen to Collins, the Redskins would be left with rookie Jordan Palmer, whom the coaches haven't let play in preseason so far.
Is he Carson's brother?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
Is he Carson's brother?

yea he played at UTEP last year

I wouldn't mind getting Brunell depened on what we have to give up.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Brunell would be a decent backup, but I don't want to give up anything more than a 5th or 6th.

If Harrington does go down for any serious time, then screw it, we'll just suck it up for a season, take the top 5 pick and get our franchise QB or LT.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't want Brunell to back up Harrington, I would want him to start. Even at his age he's been solid the past few years, much more productive than Harrington has been. He could play for a year as a bridge to a franchise QB pick in the '08 draft.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't want another QB =/
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:00 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I wouldn't want Brunell to back up Harrington, I would want him to start. Even at his age he's been solid the past few years, much more productive than Harrington has been. He could play for a year as a bridge to a franchise QB pick in the '08 draft.
Couldn't disagree more.

1. Learning the playbook: with a couple of weeks to go before the start of the season, Brunell would have a huge learning curve, despite having worked with Petrino and Musgrave before.

2. Deep balls: Brunell can't throw them, simple as that. Petrino's system relies on the use - and threat - of deep balls. If Harrington gets injured, fine, we might have to change it a bit with Brunell. But it would be nuts to voluntarily take out that part of Petrino's game plan.

3. Redemption possibility: I'm not going to say that I expect Harrington to live up to his potential. But it is a possibility, such things happen in sport and in life. He now has an environment more conducive to success than he has ever had before, in coaching, O-line, running game, and WRs. He has the physical tools, he just needs to get his head straight. It probably won't happen, he'll probably keep making the occasional disastrous error, but there is the possibility that he'll turn it around. With Brunell, there's nothing more to come. He is bled dry.

I'm going to put my faith in Harrington this year, because I'm an optimist. He'll probably still be the same old Joey, but we don't have any other feasible options, so we may as well get behind him.

If he gets injured, fine, I'd rather have Brunell as a backup than Redman. Brunell won't win us any games, but he might be solid enough to let our running game and defense win a couple.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

All day long. It will be the first legitimate starting QB the Falcons have had in 7 years.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bleh Brunell has no mobility or arm anymore, I'd be happy getting anything for him, I'd want Jsnell, or Roddy or Jenk.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

Quote:
That will be dumb, it take months for a quaterback to learn a playbook. Remember what happen last year when the titans signed kerry collins a week before the season and started him week 1 and what happened?
Old 08-21-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1chiefs_fan View Post
That will be dumb, it take months for a quaterback to learn a playbook. Remember what happen last year when the titans signed kerry collins a week before the season and started him week 1 and what happened?
Brunell has experience in Petrino's offense, but I digress.

Adam Schefter reported that the Falcons weren't talking about Brunell, but rather Kelly Holcomb.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

although i dont want another qb, i think its quite necessary. bramlet is bleh.. so.. how would drew henson be? i think hes the best qb on the market. but then again i dont want harrington to feel threatened by the signing.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote