Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-26-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, Johnson looked very good.

Tuesday all the starters will be announced. The only unknown is the QB, with Cook being hurt Gooden will start at OLB and Sharpton will start inside. Willie Cooper seems to be starting opposite Kenny at safety, with Randy and Sharpe being hurt Carlos Armour and DVD may start at CB if they're not ready for Marshall. Josh Holmes will start over Antonio Dixon is he's healthy. OL there are no shocks (Bain is starting even thought Franklin got some consideration there) and the only unsure spot on offense other than QB is TE where Gordon might take the spot from Farr.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDjGl2ctxds

Nice highlight film of all the incoming freshman. McKenzie has a move around 6:50 that made me laugh.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-26-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Haha, yeah, i've seen that video. That move was crazy, but pretty unnecessary. He h ad the corner beat, and just came back to embarrass him.

I can't wait 'til gametime, are you guys going to any games this year?
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Probably not since I'm away at college. I'm gonna have a tough enough time seeing all the games as it is.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-26-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/c....column?page=1

great article on randy
Old 08-27-2007, 02:41 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRun23 View Post
Hes one hell of a guy/coach, he will bring the U back

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

Kirby Freeman was announced the starter, Shields suspended for first game, Khalil Jones first string, DVD starter at CB.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDjGl2ctxds

Nice highlight film of all the incoming freshman. McKenzie has a move around 6:50 that made me laugh.
McKenzie is one of the coolest/ niceest football players i know, i got a chance to meet him this summer and i asked him about that play and he said he stepped out of bounds,

also im glad that Kirby is the starter instead of Kyle Wrong.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

John Rochford starting at center was shocking. I'm excited to see what Kirby can do, I wonder how much Wright's recent knee problems played into it. Gooden is going to start at MLB with Adkins at OLB. I like that move, I'm a big fan of Sharpton but this means that Gooden and Cook will both likely start this year when Cook gets healthy. With Holmes dinged up still Dewayne Hendricks is starting, Dixon continues to disappoint.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-28-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im so happy freeman is starting

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
John Rochford starting at center was shocking. I'm excited to see what Kirby can do, I wonder how much Wright's recent knee problems played into it. Gooden is going to start at MLB with Adkins at OLB. I like that move, I'm a big fan of Sharpton but this means that Gooden and Cook will both likely start this year when Cook gets healthy. With Holmes dinged up still Dewayne Hendricks is starting, Dixon continues to disappoint.
What do you mean about Cook? Do you think that when Cook comes back he will start on the Weakside? And what about Sharpton, I thought he and McCarthy were givens. When Sharpton is healthy do you think Tavares will continue to start on the inside and Sharpton will play behind him? Ok and finally, the ultimate question is when everyone is healthy, what will the Starting LB corps look like, which 3 guys will start for sure and where?

Also, what is the deal with the Safety spot, is Lovon gonna play Free when he comes back and Kenny continue to play strong. I thought Kenny was moving to free this year.

And where is Chavez Grant? Is he hurt? He was our nickel for sure this year and now I havent heard anything about him. I think he might be hurt, is he? And when Sharpe is healthy again, it will be Sharpe and Phillips again, Im pretty sure, but who will be the Nickel, Grant or DVD?

I got all these questions, does anyone have some insight here?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Cook was practicing at WLB before he got hurt. Sharpton is supposed to play a good amount behind Gooden but unless Gooden plays badly I don't see Sharpton starting. This week the LBs are McCarthy, Gooden, and Atkins. No idea what the unit will look like when everyone is healthy.

We don't really have a FS or SS, but Phillips will be have more FS responsibility this year while Cooper/Ponder will be more of SS. I think Cooper is getting the start this week, I believe Ponder has been healthy for a while though.

Haven't heard much about Grant, he's been healthy and is one of the back up return man but I guess DVD is that good. I think he's been working at just nickel, not 100% though. Sharpe should start again when he gets healthy as should Randy.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-30-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cook was practicing at WLB before he got hurt. Sharpton is supposed to play a good amount behind Gooden but unless Gooden plays badly I don't see Sharpton starting. This week the LBs are McCarthy, Gooden, and Atkins. No idea what the unit will look like when everyone is healthy.

We don't really have a FS or SS, but Phillips will be have more FS responsibility this year while Cooper/Ponder will be more of SS. I think Cooper is getting the start this week, I believe Ponder has been healthy for a while though.

Haven't heard much about Grant, he's been healthy and is one of the back up return man but I guess DVD is that good. I think he's been working at just nickel, not 100% though. Sharpe should start again when he gets healthy as should Randy.
Wow, DVD must be real good, anyway, so you think Kenny will end up ultimately playing FS for a majority of the year?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Yea, that's what has been said all camp by the coaches and him.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-01-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Graig Cooper with his first 100 yard game of his career, I'm sure there will be many more. :D

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-01-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw a lot of promise in today's game, I'm very happy with the result. The running game was obviously dynamite and that one big carry from Cooper reminded me of my video game Cooper. Chills went down my spine :). James definitely looks a year more polished with his patience and cuts. Freeman can make plays but I don't see any kind of consistency in watching him drop back and throw, so I'm worried he might cost us some drives. The defense was dominant and impressive, as I expected. We have a ton of depth and we have guys at every position that swarm and make solid tackles. Even our DBs looked very good in run support. It's exciting to once again see the intensity and gangtackling that has been a constant. Special teams seemed like a problem, specifically punting. I hope Bosher can punt much further than he showed.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

How'd Campbell look? I saw the INT, any sacks? I've got to wait a while until I get to see the game, stupid ESPNU.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-01-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How'd Campbell look? I saw the INT, any sacks? I've got to wait a while until I get to see the game, stupid ESPNU.
Ooh that must suck to live in-state and miss the game. I honestly can't really tell you how Campbell looked because the entire DLine was incredible and it was hard to pinpoint one standout. He was involved in some sacks but really it was the backups who were outstanding. Vegas Franklin, Steven Wesley, Courtney Harris, Antonio Dixon, Dwayne Hendricks, etc. The line was constantly in the backfield applying pressure. Franklin & Dixon were the most impressive, but I also saw Campbell, McCray & Moncur getting involved as well in a few plays. Campbell either chased away the Marshall QB or jumped up to alter his passes. The best player on defense was Adkins. Fast, explosive, hits hard and had a nice pick. Randy Phillips dropped a pick in the end zone which led to their only points :(. Ponder had a nice open-field tackle, both Phillips' tackled well, Sharpton & Gooden were solid. Really dominant game defensively. Marshall had to work their tails off and have some luck to get their only points of the game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-01-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First game I've gotten to watch as an official Miami fan, (I really got into college football last year but didn't really root for anyone.)

All I have to say is, damn our defense looked good, Graig Cooper is incredibly fast, and I don't trust the QB situation.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really need to get ESPN U and the college gameday stuff, but the game sounds like what i expected great defense and an incredible running attck

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I really need to get ESPN U and the college gameday stuff, but the game sounds like what i expected great defense and an incredible running attck
You need to get the package that gets you every Div 1 college game. That's what I have :D

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-01-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just go to a bar, I'm in Ohio and I went to a bar and asked them to put ESPNU on and got to watch it.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
kastofsna

watched the whole game, damn impressed with the defense. doesn't matter who's on the line, they're going to poor on the pressure. campbell, moncur, franklin, etc, everyone was getting involved. marshall never had a lot of time to throw the ball. the DB play wasn't special, but the linebackers excelled. LOVE this McCarthy kid.

on offense, cooper and james stole the show. freeman was average, but didn't make the same kind of mind-numbing mistakes as wright, so that's an upgrade. he generally underthrew a lot of guys. there was a bad center-QB exchange, and he mishandled the handoff to Cooper at one point, but that was probably Cooper's fault. WR's were absent.

going to have to rely on the running game against OU, without a doubt. hope for some key turnovers from our defense. can't ask for much more than that
Old 09-01-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
watched the whole game, damn impressed with the defense. doesn't matter who's on the line, they're going to poor on the pressure. campbell, moncur, franklin, etc, everyone was getting involved. marshall never had a lot of time to throw the ball. the DB play wasn't special, but the linebackers excelled. LOVE this McCarthy kid.

on offense, cooper and james stole the show. freeman was average, but didn't make the same kind of mind-numbing mistakes as wright, so that's an upgrade. he generally underthrew a lot of guys. there was a bad center-QB exchange, and he mishandled the handoff to Cooper at one point, but that was probably Cooper's fault. WR's were absent.

going to have to rely on the running game against OU, without a doubt. hope for some key turnovers from our defense. can't ask for much more than that
We can't ask too much from our passing game against OU, but I think Freeman proved we can complete some short-yardage passes and keep some drives alive. The running game will have to be the focus, though. I forgot about McCarthy, he was the 2nd best LB on the field for us today. Could be the next Dan Morgan, with maybe a bit more speed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-01-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stupid Miami page, I can't find the official defensive stats for the game.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote