Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:06 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Marvin Lewis Right or Wrong?

Quote:
The Associated Press reports Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis has told WR Chad Johnson he wants no more celebrating or gloating. The disappointed Johnson said, "So therefore, what you see from me is what he wants -- just make your plays and go back to the huddle. So that's what I'm going to do. Going to be no more talking, no nothing. Just go out there and play, go home. If that's what it takes to make us a better team, so be it." When asked if he the gag order included touchdown celebrations, Johnson nodded and said, "Very lame, isn't it?"
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:13 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously, Lewis feels that Johnson's antics have gotten to a point where he believe that it's a distraction. If Johnson loses his motivation simply because he can't celebrate, than that shows you what type of player he really is.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:12 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

maybe he'd, you know, like johnson to actually score this season (yeah yeah, he's got one receiving touchdown, great. so does brandon marshall) before he starts worrying about what to do once he does score.

on a sidenote, i'd love to see johnson's "list" this year.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lewis probably just feels if he can nip a very small distraction from one of the teams leaders, it will go a long way in possibly changing the culture of that team.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

So let me get this straight, he's worried more about this than all of his players legal issues? :roll:

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:56 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why people even consider how he's handled the off field issues. Everyone neglects to mention that he's imposed a total of 3 games worth of suspension for Chris Henry thus far, Duane Clemons gets busted by the league drug policy then when he comes back he gets cut, Marvin/Mike Brown lobbied to have Odell suspended for the year, Rucker was placed on IR because of his upcoming issues from '04. He's handled all of this wonderfully and the "legal issues" only effected two significant players on this team.

As for Chad, I can understand where he is coming from and I'm not one to get into the celebrations and what not but I think he should just let Chad be a little more vocal. Chad loves the attention but I'm sure much of this came following the struggles of the offense and Marvin basically telling him to just shut up and play. I wouldn't doubt as the offensive swagger returns that Chad will be allowed to go back to his old self.

There is no culture to change in Cincinnati either, you're taking the media's bait...
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
I don't get why people even consider how he's handled the off field issues. Everyone neglects to mention that he's imposed a total of 3 games worth of suspension for Chris Henry thus far, Duane Clemons gets busted by the league drug policy then when he comes back he gets cut, Marvin/Mike Brown lobbied to have Odell suspended for the year, Rucker was placed on IR because of his upcoming issues from '04. He's handled all of this wonderfully and the "legal issues" only effected two significant players on this team.

As for Chad, I can understand where he is coming from and I'm not one to get into the celebrations and what not but I think he should just let Chad be a little more vocal. Chad loves the attention but I'm sure much of this came following the struggles of the offense and Marvin basically telling him to just shut up and play. I wouldn't doubt as the offensive swagger returns that Chad will be allowed to go back to his old self.

There is no culture to change in Cincinnati either, you're taking the media's bait...
Sure Marvin is suspending these guys, which he should, but the players are still going out and getting in trouble. Attempting to change the culture is to get these players to realize their accountability and stop getting arrested. That and stop drafting troublesome players.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:35 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he just wants more appropriate conduct from him, gloating isnt great and over celebrating is highly enforced
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why does marvin care, he has bigger worries on that team, last year it didnt cause a problem to the team or the league, not like he draws negative attention like TO, some things are good for the game...

i agree if chad cant play well just because he cant do what he wants to do, that shows what type of player he is, but thats not the case, he played great last game, and will continue to do so....but i think he has played long enough, and earned the coaches respect to do what he does so i think its wrong, let him do what he does best, it doesnt hurt the team one bit, you were actually better off last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:03 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i understand it after plays but i think he should still be alowed to do TD celebrations.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has nothing to worry about CJ won't be in the endzone any time soon.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:12 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chad has brought more fun media and fans to the bengals than any other player has. espn and all those others write articles and stuff about what he does on the field. what he does brings fans more than winning. i are gonna argue that last point but take this into account. did anyone care when the patriots were winning all their superbowls? do more people like chad johnson or a quieter more productive marvin harrison? let him do what he wants to do and the bengals will get so much more in return.

and it's dumb for the nfl to try to convert what the nfl is today to what it was back then. it's not gonna happen. why not try to get rid of rap while you're at it.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should be more concerned about figuring out how his run defense that is bottom of the league, can handle the Falcons WCO / Urban Meyer offense this sunday.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:32 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
So let me get this straight, he's worried more about this than all of his players legal issues? :roll:
i would like to know that too.........

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

When it's a close game, the celebrations are stupid. I understand that it's bad when your killing an opponent, because that rubs it in, but it's not like Johnson dominated that game.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:46 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of think Marvin should let Chad be Chad, no off the field issues and it makes the game a lot more fun to watch. Not like they were having any problems playing last year when Chad was celebrating during games, they won the division.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:52 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean
chad has brought more fun media and fans to the bengals than any other player has. espn and all those others write articles and stuff about what he does on the field. what he does brings fans more than winning. i are gonna argue that last point but take this into account. did anyone care when the patriots were winning all their superbowls? do more people like chad johnson or a quieter more productive marvin harrison? let him do what he wants to do and the bengals will get so much more in return.

like what? ONE touchdown? fat lot of good his celebrations have done the team this year. :roll:
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:58 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
I kind of think Marvin should let Chad be Chad, no off the field issues and it makes the game a lot more fun to watch. Not like they were having any problems playing last year when Chad was celebrating during games, they won the division.
I kind of agree with your statement. Following last week though the offense is regaining its swagger and it is gonna be hard to quiet Chad.

Marvin doesn't get mad at him about this, he just constantly gets on him to let him know that it's not exactly the best route in his mind.

Chad gave this team a personality, I don't think this will last that much longer.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:59 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Lewis should focus on not drafting people with moral issues instead of someone just having innocent fun.

This is a dumbass move by Lewis. Johnson isn't exactly overflowing with confidence right now, and this will only worsen that.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:01 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Maybe Lewis should focus on not drafting people with moral issues instead of someone just having innocent fun.

This is a dumbass move by Lewis. Johnson isn't exactly overflowing with confidence right now, and this will only worsen that.
:roll:

Wow.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Marvin anymore.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:29 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chad says he had no gag order from Marvin. He also says that it's ben boring while he has calmed down so it's all changing this week vs Atl. and as Chad says...DeAngelo Fall, not Hall.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:34 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

It's going to be impossible for Chad to be quiet this week, he's had the matchup with Hall circled on his calendar since the schedule came out. His list also has the Falcons listed in red because of Hall.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin talked about it in a press conference...

He didn't look happy.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:40 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

You all are getting entirely too worked up over this.

Quote:
After hearing that SI deemed him cover worthy, Johnson exclaimed Tuesday, “Wednesday? That’s funny because that’s when I’m going to go back to being my old self.”