Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
because dallas has martin gramatica, anyway hows about this trade?

Dave Rayner & either Jolly or Cole for Julius Jones?
Wow.......wow......

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I'm not too happy about Dendy and Birdine being cut, the rest looks fine. We also traded for Giants RB Ryan Grant.
I would have preferred Walker get cut instead of Dendy

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I would have preferred Walker get cut instead of Dendy
Agreed. Otherwise, I'm not too surprised by the cuts.

Surprised to hear Nall get cut too.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Agreed. Otherwise, I'm not too surprised by the cuts.

Surprised to hear Nall get cut too.
With Losman and Trent Edwards he didn't have a future with the Bills.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn. I hope we can snag Birdine on the PS, but I'm not counting on it...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Wow.......wow......
go away, many people in dallas are unhappy w/ Julius' play, rayner is a better Kicker than Dramatica, and the cowboys need DL help, i was throwing it out there a bit, but its possible

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did the Packers trade a future draft choice to the Giants for Ryan Grant? Grant would have been cut anyway and he's not exactly an upgrade over any of the guys they have right now. Also I'm shocked that they cut Paul Thompson who I thought did a great job this preseason
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Why did the Packers trade a future draft choice to the Giants for Ryan Grant? Grant would have been cut anyway and he's not exactly an upgrade over any of the guys they have right now. Also I'm shocked that they cut Paul Thompson who I thought did a great job this preseason
Yeah, I don't understand the Grant trade myself. It's sounding like it was a 7th rounder so not a huge deal. As for Thompson he looked very good the first game and then alright the second which is why he outlasted Ingel Martin. The third preseason game he absolutely blew any chance he had. I was fully expecting the cut.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:08 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im still shocked we cut Dendy

Old 09-02-2007, 02:10 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Im still shocked we cut Dendy
There were signs so it didn't surprise me I was just hoping we weren't going to.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I'm gonna miss Dendy. He stepped up and saved us in the secondary last year. He was soooo much better than Carroll played towards the end. Just a great person too. Say PAT DENDY loudly with a southern accent and you'll miss him too, lol. A great example of what hard work can do for the NFL career. This guy made himself into an NFL player. I believe he had one of the pick sixes in the 2nd game against the Bears last year, I know he had the INT just can't remember if it was a TD. Nick Collins had the other.

I also thought Brandon Miree was in our plans. I thought he was still gonna start. But I guess they think very highly of Korey Hall. Which is another camp surprise I wrote about on here. I don't know how he turned into a Full Back this fast after playing linebacker in College. I mean look at Brady Poppinga. He played Defensive End until his Senior year. Switched to Linebacker, and THEN got drafted to the NFL. After two seasons being on a roster he developed himself into a solid player.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
If the Packers cut Grant before a certain time he will not cost them a draft pick. He will simply be released..... If they dont decide to claim anyone else off the waiver wire then he will cost them a draft pick

Quote:
The conditions for the trade were undisclosed, but most such deals specify the player must remain on the new team's roster for at least several games for the trading team to receive the pick. In this case, the pick probably is a seventh-rounder.

They no doubt looked hard at available running backs Saturday night — they have until 11 a.m. today to make any waiver claims —

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
go away, many people in dallas are unhappy w/ Julius' play, rayner is a better Kicker than Dramatica, and the cowboys need DL help, i was throwing it out there a bit, but its possible
Yeah great possibility. I'm sure they would trade a quality runningback for a kicker that you just cut for nothing.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say this season will be a hit or miss meaning 10-6 or 6-10

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Noah Herron out for the season, placed on IR.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

David Clowney
Chris Francies
Clark Harris
Spencer Havner
Orrin Thompson
Paul Thompson
Corey White

Have all signed Practice Squad contracts, we have one spot left.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Visholm
Rookie

Visholm hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What about Rory Johnson.. isn't he worth keeping on the practice squad??

"It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you've got to have is faith and discipline when you're not yet a winner." Vince Lombardi GBP coach SB I & II
R.I.P Reggie White 26-12-04
Visholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I'd assume the final spot's open for Birdine if he clears waivers. If not Rory Johnson would be a candidate.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Noah Herron out for the season, placed on IR.
That really sucks. Is signing Antonio Pittman a possibility?

I like our list of practice squad players, hope we can add Birdine.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Is Corey Dillon still a FA, we should call him up

Edit- just remebered he retired

Old 09-02-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Pittman wouldn't hurt. At this point, the pack needs all the help they can get in the backfield. this season is going to hinge on the RB situation and if they can get any production out of it. Brett is going to throw 60+ times in alot of games this season in order to generate enough offense.

Crosby was kept, not really surprised, hope he can handle the weather in december when kicking the ball will be like kicking a brick, but I'm excited to see him with the team.

I'm also really excited about this defense, it seems like it's gonna be stout but they have some TOUGH games against some pretty damn good teams. Chargers, Broncos and even the rams in STL. The pack should be 2-2 at the least going into the first bear game maybe even 3-1 depending on the Eagle game. But their 2nd half is gonna be rough, in a 5 week span, they are on the road for 4, it will be interesting to see what happens with Dallas.

Overall i'm ready for this season to begin so we can see what kind of team we have here.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Demps anyone? Maybe we should give him a shot and if Bigby doesn't plan out we always have him.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Will Demps anyone? Maybe we should give him a shot and if Bigby doesn't plan out we always have him.
It doesn't really work like that. We'd have to cut somebody from the active roster in order to bring in a player with no experience in our defense. Don't count on it...

Antonio Pittman is an interesting option. If they can get him off waivers, and they like him better, they could dump Ryan Grant who they just traded for. Mike Bell is another name that's being floated out there as a possible target for GB.

Quote:
The Green Bay Packers claimed fullback John Kuhn on waivers, placed running back Noah Herron on injured reserve and signed seven players to the practice squad today.

General Manager Ted Thompson announced the moves at an afternoon news conference

Kuhn, a second-year pro from Shippensburg (Pa.), was claimed on waivers from Pittsburgh. He played nine games with the Steelers in 2006 and spent the 2005 season on the team’s practice squad.

I don't know anything about this guy, so we'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm.. doesn't that mean we have 3 fullbacks? seems like 1 too many

vince you want a new packers sig?

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
hmm.. doesn't that mean we have 3 fullbacks? seems like 1 too many

vince you want a new packers sig?
I believe we only have Hall and Kuhn. Corey White is on the practice squad and Miree was cut.

And yea, hook a brother up! AJ Hawk if you can, otherwise whatever you want. thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote