Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-02-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New year, same problems. Time for Fulmer and Chavis to go. We need new blood in our coaching staff.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hefney looked lost out there. Mayo had a few TFL, but whiffed on a couple tackles. Ryan Karl didn't do jack ****. Tackling was terrible, and they gashed us on outside runs, especially when they faked the handoff to the FB and pitched to the RB. Bolden and Mapu got owned all night. DE's got no pass rush at all and didn't play contain, though Mitchell had a couple decent plays. We could have used Ben Martin. And yes, Eric Berry needs to be starting immediately.

Special teams are terrible just like they are every since year. Yet we still have no special teams coach after all these terrible seasons. It would have been even worse if Foster hadn't had a couple nice returns. Lincoln has a very weak kickoff leg. Every kickoff was fielded at the 15 or better, then returned to around the 40-45.

The only issue on offense appears to be crappy wide receivers. Lucas Taylor was alright, but he's not gonna command special attention. The older WR's are all average and best, and that is being kind. We DESPERATELY need the young WR's to get their asses in gear. O'Neal, Vinson, GJones, and Paige all have 10x the talent that Rogers, Taylor and Briscoe have. I thought the OL and RB's looked fine. Run blocking could have been slightly better, but it wasn't bad. Pass blocking was great.

Pro scouts will be very impressed with Ainge's command of this offense. He ran the no huddle flawlessly. No delay of game penalties, no wasted timeouts that I can remember. He was in total control and seemed mentally sharp. He was very accurate on his throws as well. He needs to work on throwing on the move. Would like to see him go deep a few more times, but I don't see the talent at WR to get deep separation consistently. We don't have a Robert Meachem. We don't even have a Jayson Swain. Not yet anyway. Chris Brown did look solid last night though. That's all I got.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The red-zone offense was bad. No more "Wild Cat"-esque formations involving Lucas Taylor; I'd like to see Eric Berry in his role.

The reason Fulmer has kept his job thing long is because of his recruiting abilities. I think Chavis and Cutcliffe are excellent coordinators. No one should be fired after this. It'd sad that the posters on Volnation are calling for Fulmer's head. It was poor execution by our inexperienced players, and none of our experienced players stepped up. The coaching was poor at times, but I'm putting the blame on the player's shoulders.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

No one is calling for his head after this game that wasn't doing the exact same thing after the 05 season. What good is great recruiting if the players aren't being developed? Where has this great recruiting gotten us the past handful of years? How many SEC titles have we won?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're right. We heven't won a SEC Championship since '98, which is when we won the National Championship. But its not like we haven't been successful. Not to mention we have Georgia and Florida to contend with, just to win the East! And I think the players are being developed pretty well. We send player after player into the NFL. I don't think development is an issue. If not winning the SEC every year is blamed on under-development, then that must mean most coaches suck. Because lets face it. Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida think they'll win the East every year, and the same with LSU, Alabama, and Auburn in the West. Not to mention the other teams on national scene. But, obviously, one team will win it and the others don't. You win some and you lose some. We beat Cal last year, and they beat us this year. That's football. The only issue I have with Fulmer is his motivation skills. He just doesn't seem to get the players motivated. That's the biggest factor in why we lose the big games, in my opinion. When Joe Paterno is leading a pep rally for Penn St., what is Fulmer doin? Leading his spirited speeches of, "We gotta go beat the heck out of that team!" or "Lets go play Tennessee football!"

I like Fulmer, Cutcliffe, and Chavis. We tried new blood, and it led to a 5-6 season. I just don't see any obvious upgrades to our coaching staff that could be available next year. Who would you like to hire to replace what we already have, Pit Bull?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Jarrod Parrish and JT Mapu have been benched.

Dan Williams will be taking Mapu's place at DT next to Bolden, and taking Parrish's spot at SS will be......................

Eric Berry :)
Old 09-04-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

...can't say that I'm ecstatic about him being the SS, but at least he's on the field. I just hope he improves the defense.

I don't know nuttin' about Dan Williams...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Berry played safety in high school. That's where he primarily played against Cal the other night. We always have our DBs learn multiple positions. Jason Allen did it. Hefney did it.

As long as he's on the field, it's a good thing.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Can't argue about any of that. I actually think M. Johnson played well. Coverage didn't bother me. Tackling did. But Berry seemed like he was in on almost every tackle, so hopefully he'll bolster the defense...Man, we have a small secondary...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I listened to the Vols game over the radio. Well, I had something to go to so I missed the 2nd Qtr and part of the 3rd. We started out slow, then dominated in the 2nd half. Not unusaul I guess. I can't wait to watch a re-airing of it.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Berry will start at CB this week I bet. All signs point to it anyway.

Can't wait until Ben Martin gets healthy. He's gonna be a force rushing the QB.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Motha' truckin' Tim Tebow...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Still have the same opinion of Fulmer and Chavis? Cause I sure do.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'll post my thoughts on the game later on tonight. About to leave, and if I get started, I'm not gonna stop... The team should feel bad about themselves, and Fulmer should be thinking about his future without the University of Tennessee.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Well, I think I'm coming to the dark side.

This is the second game this season that our defense looked horrible. I think we gave up over 550 yards on defense? Thats inexcusable, no matter how good the opponent. The players looked like they had no clue about what they needed to do. Tebow had no trouble at all torching us whether through the air or with his feet. All he had to do was dip his shoulder, and he could bomb it to whoever he wanted. That's pathetic.

As for offense, so much for the "best offensive line in recent memory," according to Fulmer. 38 yards net rushing? Against a D-Line that struggles against the run? Thats not good. Not to mention, we never tried to establish the run. I mean, did we have an offensive game plan? Arian Foster looked bad...he played great his freshman year, but since then, I've not been impressed. Too slow, and thinks he can make spin moves and dodge tacklers. And Ainge needs to get over this finger... I actually think sitting him out of the Arkansas St. game and letting Crompton play will be a good idea. Its a game we can win without him, and we have a bye week afterwards. That gives him 3 weeks to heal.

And for Fulmer, I think he may be gone after this year. The California game wasn't a big loss, to me. It was a vengeance game for them, and our guys didn't want it as badly as they did. But with the Florida blowout, we're 1-2 and we have just started SEC play. We could very well lose to Georgia(Home), 'Bama(Away), South Carolina(Home), Arkansas(Home), and Kentucky(Away). Thats 5 possible losses, though they are very winable, we could lose with the way we've played defense. Not to mention, Fulmer only has a .600 or so winning percentage in the 2000's. I don't think he's a bad coach, but a change is needed. And if we do make that change, I'd totally be for getting a young, offensive minded HC. Try to bring more quality skill players here. I know our bread and butter is a good defense and running game, but how well has that worked for us? And look at the past SEC and National Champions? Yeah...for once I'd like us to put up 50+ against an opponent that we're supposed to smash, instead of a 21-10 game.

Also, I miss Robert Meachem!!! :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 09-15-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Fulmer is 26-26 against current SEC coaches. Settling for mediocrity.

I'd love to get an innovative offensive mind. I'd love for us to get a coach that uses the spread offense.

Our version of "innovative" is using the no-huddle. Which is fine, but when we have no wide receivers that can get separation deep, then no one is gonna respect it.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Want to see something alarming? Copied this from another post:

Fulmer is 15-14 for the last 29. He's 26-26 against current SEC coaches, 1-4 against his last 5 ranked teams, 4-15 against his last 19 SEC teams with winning records, and 2-5 in bowl games with all losses being by double digits.

Let that sink in.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

fat phil has got to go. ive never been more embaraassed. im with you guys on the young innovative head coach. who are some guys that you all would suggest as replacements? boise states coach? rutgers coach? idk. one guy i think we should kind of ask in secret maybe would be bob stoops. i mean tennessee has got to be an upgrade in terms of living area over oklahoma right?
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

That, or wait until Bobby Petrino bombs with Atlanta...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Here's a good article about Fulmer and the possible coaching situation.

You think that the University of Tennessee could somehow pry Norm Chow from the Titans? Or am I speaking heresy for think that my favorite college team should take a great coach from my favorite professional team?

Eh, I don't even know anymore. One week I'm fine with our offense, and the next I'm frustrated with it. I remember when we went with Randy Shannan as our OC, and we sucked. Then we bring back Cutcliffe, and our offense can score. But ball control offense doesn't work if the defense sucks and the special teams blows. And the fact the Fulmer and Cutcliffe are sticking to it is frustrating me. But I could only listen to the game on the radio, and half the time I actually didn't care. I instead talked on the phone for an hour during the second half cause I wasn't interested. And I love football and hate talking on the phone. So I dunno how well it went or what the play calling was. Ugh...just some creativity and adaptation the coaching staff would do wonders for this team. As of right now, I have no confidence in it or the staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
I'd love for us to get a coach that uses the spread offense.
Is the "spread offense" you're referring to the "spread-option offense," Pit Bull? I don't want to hire a coach that runs the option offense, for some reason.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

the name i keep hearing pop up in the replacement of fulmer is jon gruden, but one i thought of earlier today, how about steve mariucci? he's kinda of an offensive guru and a pretty young guy. plus he seems like he'd be a very good college coach.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

also, do any of you guys have a favorite nfl team besides the titans. the titans are definitely my favorite team but before we got the titans i was always a cowboys fan, and i still am to this day they are just my second favorite.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Not really any others in the pros. I guess if I had to pick one, I like the Broncos alright.

In college I always like to see Oklahoma win. Also love watching West Virginia play, but that's mainly just because of Slaton and White and not the actual team.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm very much a Titans homer. But, I do have other teams that I like, and they chance every year. I play a lot of fantasy football too, so I get interested in other teams too.

I have a good friend who is a Hurricane Katrina refugee, and he's a big Saints/LSU fan. So I root for them, especially now that they drafted Meachem. I rooted for Al Wilson and the Broncos the year Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl. I love Chad Johnson, so I watch the Bengals when I can. I also like Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning, so the Colts are tolerable. ;) I like Tomlinson too, but kinda neutral the Chargers.

I guess I like teams based on the players I like. I think I can say that even if I didn't live in Tennessee, I would still be a Titans fan based on Vince Young.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
also, do any of you guys have a favorite nfl team besides the titans.
Broncos

just because they drafted Cutler, Im a huge Vandy fan

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote