Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=8834

Mark Cuban is trying to get Fedor to join his MMA league.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=8834

Mark Cuban is trying to get Fedor to join his MMA league.
Damn, this doesn't look good for my hope that Fedor would sign with UFC.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree I really hope he does.

I also hope Mark Hunt signs w/ the UFC, that guy is a animal. His head is made of titanium.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent heard much on Mark Hunt, I always felt he was one of the most underrated heavyweights. If Fedor signs anywhere other than the UFC its going to hurt his legacy, theres a max of 4 HW's out there that the UFC dont have that could be any competition to Fedor (Barnett, Lesnar, Hunt, Antonio Silva) and one of those (Hunt) has already been beaten by Fedor. So after a Barnett vs Fedor and a Lesnar vs Fedor or a Silva vs Fedor fight there wouldnt be nothing else for Fedor to accomplish. If Fedor signs with the UFC theres a host of fighters that they could throw in front of Fedor (Randy, Andrei, Nog again, Cro Cop again etc)
Old 09-03-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UFC 75 this Saturday, man I am pumped, might be going down to London to see it, depending on if my bud can hook me up with a ticket.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

lucky UKfan, please don't post any spoliers unless you wanna get rep raped.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=2807&zoneid=1

It turns out Hunt is having trouble getting a visa to the USA because he got in a bar room brawl and got charges pressed on him in Cali. Who in their right mind would mess w/ Mark Hunt who is a hot head and his head is made out of concrete, and makes head kicks look like a bug flying straight into a bug zapper.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lucky UKfan, please don't post any spoliers unless you wanna get rep raped.
Haha I won't do that, I know how annoying it is when it gets spoiled since we dont get UFC over here until a day after it's aired in the US, it's a nightmare.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Are you serious about Lesnar CCB? The guy is a D level MMA fighter, he is slow as sin and has no striking or jiu-jitsu skills. Im not even sure his wrestling is all that great, he is just strong and that is about it. I think Kimbo is probably a better MMA fighter than Lesnar.

Also Ive read the article before, Cuban doesnt actually have an organization, he promotes whatever the hell HDNet is but it also says he would let Fedor fight with different promoters and promotions. I think signing with Cuban might actually be a step in the right direction to get him in the UFC.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea good point, but I was reading Sherdog and somebody said Cuban should have just bought Pride. That would of been a great idea but it is to late now.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else get upset with the fact that UFC has to own the rights to these guys to let them fight? Why can't they let outside management control some of these fighters and just provide them with a stage to showcase their abilities?
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv View Post
Are you serious about Lesnar CCB? The guy is a D level MMA fighter, he is slow as sin and has no striking or jiu-jitsu skills. Im not even sure his wrestling is all that great, he is just strong and that is about it. I think Kimbo is probably a better MMA fighter than Lesnar.

Also Ive read the article before, Cuban doesnt actually have an organization, he promotes whatever the hell HDNet is but it also says he would let Fedor fight with different promoters and promotions. I think signing with Cuban might actually be a step in the right direction to get him in the UFC.
well thats my point really, there are no top level HW's for him to fight in other organizations and I think your assessment of Brock isnt necessarily true. Brock has ELITE wrestling, top of the line as far as MMA is concerned. I look at him as the equivalent of Josh Koscheck when he got off of TUF, all takedowns not much else. I think he has potential to build off of, I dont think hes an elite HW but I think hes in the top 15.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Anyone else get upset with the fact that UFC has to own the rights to these guys to let them fight? Why can't they let outside management control some of these fighters and just provide them with a stage to showcase their abilities?
yes I wish it was back in the old days were there was Pride, but o well we can remember then w/ the Pride DVDs. I think it will be fine once the UFC gets all the people signed, but that may not happen.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv View Post

lesnar is quick as hell. It took him a less than a second to shoot and get the take down. he doesn't have any striking or jiu-jitsu skills though.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
lesnar is quick as hell. It took him a less than a second to shoot and get the take down. he doesn't have any striking or jiu-jitsu skills though.
Lesnar is not quick as hell, his only fight was against a 7 foot korean who can't move.. so I guess he might be quick in comparison to that guy.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For a Heavyweigh Lesnar is fast, but that really means nothing in today's MMA, you have to be a good well rounded fighter to survive, even guys like Liddell have decent ground game and the ability to stop a takedown, Lesnar on the other hand only has wrestling right now

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes he is a good wrestler,hes powerful, but his striking ability is limited to throwing and getting lucky connects. I would need to see more fights before I can really make a decent assessment of him.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
For a Heavyweigh Lesnar is fast, but that really means nothing in today's MMA, you have to be a good well rounded fighter to survive, even guys like Liddell have decent ground game and the ability to stop a takedown, Lesnar on the other hand only has wrestling right now
AKA Josh Koscheck prior to and a few fights after TUF.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

does anybody do any martial arts? I sometimes do MMA in my basement w/ my friends just messing around but I want to find a Muay Thai and Jiu-jitsu academy around my town.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
does anybody do any martial arts? I sometimes do MMA in my basement w/ my friends just messing around but I want to find a Muay Thai and Jiu-jitsu academy around my town.
Theres a MMA academy on Boston st in Canton (I believe) I plan on joining when I have the funds (I think its 100 a month)
Old 09-04-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu school 3 blocks from my house. Also they offer MMA/Cagefighting classes for free on Camp Pendleton to Active Duty Military. Ken Shamrock stops by every now and then to help teach
Old 09-04-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
You would be surprised how many MMA & BJJ type gyms/classes are around now a days. Ive found multiple ones around my house, the one I like is you dont have to join the gym you just drop in and pay 12 dollars every class you feel like attending. Ive went to mostly BJJ there, went and got beat up a little bit at the MMA class before.

Ill tell you one thing, I didnt know sore until after trying some of these classes. Football/basketball conditioning and practice have nothing on it.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
There is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu school 3 blocks from my house. Also they offer MMA/Cagefighting classes for free on Camp Pendleton to Active Duty Military. Ken Shamrock stops by every now and then to help teach
definitely shouldn't go there then.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
definitely shouldn't go there then.
hahaha. Ken Shamrock stops by because he's the spokesman for the marine Corps martial Arts Program which is pretty much a mixture of Krav Maga, Brazilian jiu-Jitsu, and Karate
Old 09-04-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've always wanted to do some Muay Thai, right now I train at a MMA oriented BBJ & American Kenpo Gym

Gotta love Kenpo every technique is made to either break a bone, rip off a extremity, or kill the guy

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote