Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-30-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moore will make the team...you cut him...you're going to lose him. They really have no choice...he's perfomed well, though...so, I'm not complaining.

Courtney got a pick...what position was he playing? I assume Safety still but, I want him back at corner.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Moore will make the team...you cut him...you're going to lose him. They really have no choice...he's perfomed well, though...so, I'm not complaining.
Yeah, I think Johnson's age will work greatly in his favor. If we had a backup who might be around for awhile, then there might be a battle. But we need to start thinking about who our backup will be for next year and years beyond. Moore looks like he could be that guy. We've got some versatile guys on our team that should make it easier to keep 3 QB's.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm...Miles caught some passes today but, Urban took one back for six. I might be switching here...Urban has worked w/ the first team punt return unit every preseason game...perhaps, he will unseat Miles for that 6th WR position.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-30-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Remi 4 tackles...Bowen...3 tackles and a sack. I still think we go w/ Remi...gives us more depth at NT.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-31-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Butler was playing safety and made a great read on the QB...he was in great position playing center field. After watching the game today it looks like we are carring 7 WR's.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still love Butler he is our best returner.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-31-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Courtney Brown has an nfl ready body he looks alot like Anthony Henry out there.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-31-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Butler was playing safety and made a great read on the QB...he was in great position playing center field. After watching the game today it looks like we are carring 7 WR's.
7? That's pretty unheard of.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-31-2007, 04:46 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any opinions on Spencer? I am most intrigued by him. If he can do what everyone says he can, we will be tough. It seems like I have seen flashes, and I will take that at this point. But I am wondering what everyone else saw.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My one comment on the game is that Bobby Carpenter played horribly the entire game. It hurts me to say this because I have been his biggest supporter going back to when he was still in college, but he made all the wrong reads, was always in the wrong position, and seemed passive and confused last night. I still think he can play in the NFL because he has all of the physical attributes, but he can't handle a full load this season.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas View Post
My one comment on the game is that Bobby Carpenter played horribly the entire game. It hurts me to say this because I have been his biggest supporter going back to when he was still in college, but he made all the wrong reads, was always in the wrong position, and seemed passive and confused last night. I still think he can play in the NFL because he has all of the physical attributes, but he can't handle a full load this season.
Too small for ILB IMHO, but wrong reads and wrong position?

He is one ILB on the Cowboys who always seems to be in the right place.

Just not a guy to man up with guards, yet.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Too small for ILB IMHO, but wrong reads and wrong position?

He is one ILB on the Cowboys who always seems to be in the right place.

Just not a guy to man up with guards, yet.
I challenge you to find two plays in that game where he was in the right place.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 09-01-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
I challenge you to find two plays in that game where he was in the right place.
Which game would you like?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Just from being at the game the coaching staff seemed to be happy with Carps play.

Spencer was the only person I saw get a long talk too and that was from Wade.

I didn't see much from Carp however he does have a good grasp for this defense and does a good job directing teammates.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-03-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Just from being at the game the coaching staff seemed to be happy with Carps play.

I didn't see much from Carp however he does have a good grasp for this defense and does a good job directing teammates.
I THINK he played the Donnie Edwards role. He would put them in place and seemed always be prepared to guard the middle of the field in a zone coverage.

I think he blitzed twice and was tentive commiting to run D. Not sure if by design (which is the I THINK).
Old 09-03-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Yeah, I think Johnson's age will work greatly in his favor. If we had a backup who might be around for awhile, then there might be a battle. But we need to start thinking about who our backup will be for next year and years beyond. Moore looks like he could be that guy. We've got some versatile guys on our team that should make it easier to keep 3 QB's.

Not in Jerrah world.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:

First of all, I'll admit that this was the only Cowboys preseason game I saw this year, but Carpenter was horrible. A perfect example of Carpenter's night would be the Vikings touchdown run early in the game.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 09-04-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
First of all, I'll admit that this was the only Cowboys preseason game I saw this year, but Carpenter was horrible. A perfect example of Carpenter's night would be the Vikings touchdown run early in the game.
Number 64 of the Vikings pushed out the other ILB and that is where Pinner went in. May have been Burnett or Long but it was a black guy playing ILB.

Love TIVO, Maybe a new example would be better.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Number 64 of the Vikings pushed out the other ILB and that is where Pinner went in. May have been Burnett or Long but it was a black guy playing ILB.

Burnett didn't make the trip.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-04-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:

So Carpenter taking a wrong initial step, failing to react to the movement of the linemen and getting caught up in the wash means nothing. I didn't TIVO the game, but I know what I saw Carpenter do on that play and throughout the whole game.

I'm a big Carpenter supporter, but from the Vikings game he has taken a huge step back from where he was at the end of last season.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 09-04-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
So Carpenter taking a wrong initial step, failing to react to the movement of the linemen and getting caught up in the wash means nothing. I didn't TIVO the game, but I know what I saw Carpenter do on that play and throughout the whole game.

I'm a big Carpenter supporter, but from the Vikings game he has taken a huge step back from where he was at the end of last season.
Well, first he is in a new postion AGAIN .... so blame the coaches for that one and the drafting of Spencer.

AND second, he does play the Donnie Edwards position -- which means he has primary responsbility in the linebacking corps for pass coverage.

So, I agree he was not pounding away in the running game but it was GAME 4 of preseason and his role was not to pound away but play a second line of defense.

He was in the right place on the play mentioned .... he just was 2 yards off the LOS and taking on a Guard.

It was the other ILB who got blown off the LOS where Pinner ran through for the TD.