Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-04-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Giants Game Question ** Key Issues **

1) Who is covering Shockey?
2) Ellis Run Defense -- can Spencer or Carp deal with Jacobs?
3) Which OL shows up?
4) Romo turnovers?
5) Can Folk hit the game winner?

Not as big a deal

1) TNew -- other than SInorice Moss no one scare me downfield.
2) Glenn Injury -- TO can stretch the field and we have good possession guys
3) Ellis Pass Rush -- Any thoughts on SPencer and Carp's effectiveness?
4) Spears and Canty -- for now still JAGs. Just as soon have Raliff and Hatcher in.
5) Julius -- he is what he is.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

other than moss nobody scares you downfield? how about plaxico and smith? i think your ground game could be very effective with your combo of orange julius and marion barber shop. Romo has struggled the most against the Giants, but as much as I want it to happen, i'm not sure it will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Smith is a rookie and Plaxico may be out -- back issues I read..... Still Plaxico is not a burner and Henry can cover him when healthy.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
other than moss nobody scares you downfield? how about plaxico and smith? i think your ground game could be very effective with your combo of orange julius and marion barber shop. Romo has struggled the most against the Giants, but as much as I want it to happen, i'm not sure it will.
You say Romo has struggled the most against the Giants like it means something.

Consider that the Giants are the only team Romo has faced twice in his career (in the regular season), and also consider that the first game, he only played half of a losing effort. The Dec. 3rd game didn't look good on the sheets, but Romo made some crucial throws, especially the one that set up the game-winning FG.

So I'm not sure it's fair to say that Romo was struggled "the most" against the Giants.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
You say Romo has struggled the most against the Giants like it means something.

Consider that the Giants are the only team Romo has faced twice in his career (in the regular season), and also consider that the first game, he only played half of a losing effort. The Dec. 3rd game didn't look good on the sheets, but Romo made some crucial throws, especially the one that set up the game-winning FG.

So I'm not sure it's fair to say that Romo was struggled "the most" against the Giants.
you obviously didnt read the entire sentence...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
you obviously didnt read the entire sentence...
It is a problem here that I have mentioned.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In the rest of your sentence, you conceded that, as much as you'd like to otherwise believe, Romo and the 'Boys will get the job done against your Giants.

Just because you admit that the 'Boys will probably win doesn't mean I can't be nitpicky and point out that Romo has struggled "the most" against the Giants because he's played more quarters against them then any other team. Do I have a point? Perhaps not.

I'm just trying to get back into reg. season posting mode.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:13 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Madison is out for the Giants. So, if Newman is out, both teams will play without their best CB.
The Giants will play with Ross (a rookie), RW McQuarters (who is not good) and Webster. I remember some Giants fans calling him already a bust. Has he progressed or he's still a poor player? By the way, those are good matchups for our WR's, even if Glenn is out.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:18 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with everyone else. Plaxico is a down field threat. Henry can probably hold his own, but not sold on our other corners.

Having said that, I think the DE are the key. If they hold their ground on run defense and can give a pass rush, we will win.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote