Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-05-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Anti-virus/Spyware Blocker Question

Some strange **** happened on my computer and it's sayin I don't have any anti-virus software anymore. I don't remember which one I had. I'm looking for a new program that's either free or not too expensive. Can anybody help? Thanks.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ad Aware:: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Spybot:: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Both are free.

And for Anti Virus; go with AVG: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/us/frt/0?prd=aff

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
AVG - www.grisoft.com

end discussion.
then lock it hard ass.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks guys. The adware thing won't work b/c it keeps sayin it has a fatal error, but the other two are workin fine. I asked for this stuff b/c my laptop's been really slow recently. Will a good registy cleaner help my laptop run faster? If so, any of you guys know of any good ones?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for anti-virus. I'd go NOD32 or Kaspersky.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Yeah, NOD32 or Kaspersky are probably the best..but you'd have to find um..questionable ways to get them for free.

I'm not sure I can talk about how to find them here.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Okay, well I run anti-virus stuff and spyware stuff and they both say I don't have any problems. I'm not low on memory. I have over 35 gigs available. But my **** runs really slow at times and stuff freezes up from time to time. Do any of you know what could be wrong?
Old 09-05-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sounds like your laptop is just screwed up. Try saving your important documents and application. Then re-install windows.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
Okay, well I run anti-virus stuff and spyware stuff and they both say I don't have any problems. I'm not low on memory. I have over 35 gigs available. But my **** runs really slow at times and stuff freezes up from time to time. Do any of you know what could be wrong?
I'm guessing you have 35gigs of free hard disk space.. Computers wouldn't even know what to do with more than 4Gigs of Memory (Unless it's a server or such).

What are you running?

How much space.

How much Memory

Processor?

I usually re-do windows once every 2-3 months.

But to get it running I'd run spybot, disk defrag, anti-virus.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Alright, I have no idea how to re-install windows. How do you do that? And what will be lost on my laptop if I re-install windows? Will I lose all my pictures?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
Alright, I have no idea how to re-install windows. How do you do that? And what will be lost on my laptop if I re-install windows? Will I lose all my pictures?
Do you have a copy of Windows? If you do I can give you a list of things to follow in doing so.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

I don't really know a lot about computer software and stuff, obviously. This is the first time I ever had a computer (FEMA gave me dat) and I don't remember what I had to do to get windows on here. If it was something that came with my laptop, then I know I still have it. I'll just have to look around a lil bit. Is it a disc that I should have?