Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-06-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Stick

Okay i totaled my 03 jeep grand cherokee and my parents snapped because they said i'm not focused when driving... so they said they would get me a car but they were like we're not paying more than 5 gs cuz you'll crash it... so they found a p.o.s. saturn with a stick shift cuz they said it would make me focus on driving with the stick... is stick hard to learn? i drove once around my friends road stalled twice but idk i guess did okay...
Old 09-06-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sometimes depends on the car but when first starting the only problem i found was going from a stop to first and then the rest is easy.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

crash it and blame it on the stick, they'll feel guilty and get you a new car
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
sometimes depends on the car but when first starting the only problem i found was going from a stop to first and then the rest is easy.
Yeah exactly, i learnt to drive a stick a year after i got my licence and its really not difficult at all after a few (very frustrating) hours. And your parents are right, it really does make you actually pay attention
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My wife can drive stick and I can't. It's immasculating
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
My wife can drive my stick and I can't. It's immasculating
fixed it for ya
Old 09-06-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
fixed it for ya
Well why should I drive my stick if I have a wife who can do it for me
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Well why should I drive my stick if I have a wife who can do it for me
because sometimes theres nothing like the touch of a male hand on your......uh
Old 09-06-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Yeah exactly, i learnt to drive a stick a year after i got my licence and its really not difficult at all after a few (very frustrating) hours. And your parents are right, it really does make you actually pay attention
alright... ive had my license for like 9 months and im pretty sure i can get it... im not going to drive it to school for a bit cuz i dont feel like playing bumper cars in the parking lot but in a week i should be good....
Old 09-06-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF youre parents are gonna buy you a car! weak

stick is easy, just takes a little while to get used to
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
thats farther then we needed to take that...

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
WTF youre parents are gonna buy you a car! weak
haha yeh i know i'm really lucky that i do have a vehicle... but idk im kinda nervous aboutm learning stick... i hope it doesnt take long
Old 09-06-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
haha yeh i know i'm really lucky that i do have a vehicle... but idk im kinda nervous aboutm learning stick... i hope it doesnt take long
just count yourself lucky you get a vehicle.. my parents made me buy mine

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stick is easy, my only suggestion is to get a bluetooth headset so you can talk while you drive, although i can still text and drive stick at the same time. Also i know it's a POS but look into getting a short shifter, it's much easier to navigate through the gears.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Learning stick is really hard at first. The most important thing is to not get discouraged. It took me about a week of practicing untill i felt comfortable driving around town.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Driving stick is easy, know what F U...Your parents buy you cars. My first car was the worst car in the world!

89' ford esort White (Stick)
Ok let make a quick list as how sweet it is:
1. All of the right side lights were held on by zip ties.
2. The gas tank had a leak so, I couldn't fill it no more then half way
3. The Radiators was not connect to the frame, it just kind of sitting there
4. The driver sit is on a angle
5. There is no grill
6. The front bumber is on angle, held on by more zip ties
7. The fan was not connected so my dad and I had to hook it up. To a hot wire so, it's anyways on when my car on.
8. The right door when open, pushes the side panel makeing it hit the tire.
9.. The starter didn't work for 3 days so, I got to park on a hill at home. At work or school I have a few friends push it. So, i can pop it in gear, at home it sucks because I had to push it down the hill then I had to run and jump in and pop it in gear and hit the gas.
10. Two front Motor mounts were shot so, I had to push the motor back with a lead pipe. So, I could shift it.
11. When I bough it, the back tire(right side) didn't move. So, my dad and I had to pound on the drum to free up the break. Come to think, we never did fix the breaks.
12. left back tire, my dad and I had to pinch off the break line. Because it was mess up so, to save time, we just pinch the line.

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

Last edited by KILLERSANTA : 09-06-2007 at 08:35 PM.
KILLERSANTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm assuming that you were on pimp my ride right?

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Last edited by sdpads24 : 09-06-2007 at 09:09 PM.
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
I'm assuming that you on pimp my ride right?
No, I didn't know about that show until it was too late. Or I would have mailed them a video tape. So, instead I sold it for 85 bucks.....
Old 09-06-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

somebody overpaid
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And you still insist your not *** why? :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
And you still insist your not *** why? :D
I've been telling him to not be embarrassed about us, but he just isn't quite there yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
Okay i totaled my 03 jeep grand cherokee and my parents snapped because they said i'm not focused when driving... so they said they would get me a car but they were like we're not paying more than 5 gs cuz you'll crash it... so they found a p.o.s. saturn with a stick shift cuz they said it would make me focus on driving with the stick... is stick hard to learn? i drove once around my friends road stalled twice but idk i guess did okay...
Cars are for lazy people, Walk/bike/bus
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:06 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:00 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
agreed.
i'm a grown ass woman.
and i ride a bike.

now, that's not saying i haven't been hit my share of times.
but.
i do.

i also have a stick.
i used to drive a white 96 saturn SL1.
it was a stick.
it really wasn't that bad. the saturn trans is better than my GTI's was.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote