Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-07-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
yeyoistheman

With ASU getting a new coach and Rudy Carpenter being a year older and more experienced is it a stretch to say that ASU could be the 3rd best team in the Pac-10 behind USC and Cal? We do get USC and Cal at home here in Tempe and have a total of 8 home games.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeyoistheman View Post
With ASU getting a new coach and Rudy Carpenter being a year older and more experienced is it a stretch to say that ASU could be the 3rd best team in the Pac-10 behind USC and Cal? We do get USC and Cal at home here in Tempe and have a total of 8 home games.
I think it's hard to argue against UCLA being the #3 team in the Pac 10. They have a sick defense and solid offens led by Chris Markey and Ben Olson
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Dont be suprised if Colorado keeps it close this week.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy but I think the entire Pac-10 is wide open this year. Sure SC is the most talented team, but that doesn't mean they're unbeatable. I could realistically see any of 5 teams winning it, and any of 9 competing for a spot in the top 3.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Call me crazy but I think the entire Pac-10 is wide open this year. Sure SC is the most talented team, but that doesn't mean they're unbeatable. I could realistically see any of 5 teams winning it, and any of 9 competing for a spot in the top 3.
Washington upsets Boise this week.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-07-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeyoistheman View Post
I love the ASU love, but I see us finishing 4th this year, which I would be very happy with. UCLA returned way too many starters from a pretty decent team last year, but it is true that they have never been consistent. Like I said in another thread, I can see us starting the season at least 6-0 or even 7-0 before we play a worthy PAC-10 team (Cal). I see us tailing off at the end and losing to Cal, UCLA, USC, but we have a very young team and a bright future in the next couple years. The only drop off after this year will be our o-line while we lose our best guard (Brandon Rodd) and All PAC-10 Center (Mike Pollak).

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Washington upsets Boise this week.
Then upset Ohio State the week after. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 09-07-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Then upset Ohio State the week after. =D
Is the game vs Ohio State in Washington?

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-07-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Is the game vs Ohio State in Washington?
Yup, and they will win 24-21

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 09-07-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Yup, and they will win 24-21
They have to worry about this week first.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-07-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope Carpetner really steps it up. I liked Keller alot I wished they would of started him.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
I hope Carpetner really steps it up. I liked Keller alot I wished they would of started him.
He completely imploded against USC. No sun-devil fan forgets that. I like Carpenter a lot and you can tell the players respect him much more than Keller. I think everything happened for the best. At least Koetter is not here anymore. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 09-07-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post

Keller was something of a team cancer, and he didn't have the full trust of his teamates, which is why they protested when he was named the starter. Rudy isn't as naturally gifted, but he's more of a leader.

I love the way ASU's defense played last week against a good QB in Adam Tarfalis. The DL totally dominated SJSU's OL. I'm still worried about our corners but so far, so good. Just put together another solid 60 minutes against Colorado tomorrow and keep it rolling. The Pac 10 is tough this year, but we have USC and Cal at home later on in the season.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love ASU im going to the game in Tempe this Weekend

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
oregon state does not deserve respect after they embarrassed the conference yesterday.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Washington beats Ohio St and Hawaii beats Washington.... :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love the ASU love, but I see us finishing 4th this year, which I would be very happy with. UCLA returned way too many starters from a pretty decent team last year, but it is true that they have never been consistent. Like I said in another thread, I can see us starting the season at least 6-0 or even 7-0 before we play a worthy PAC-10 team (Cal). I see us tailing off at the end and losing to Cal, UCLA, USC, but we have a very young team and a bright future in the next couple years. The only drop off after this year will be our o-line while we lose our best guard (Brandon Rodd) and All PAC-10 Center (Mike Pollak).
I think Oregon and maybe even Washington may have something to say about that. I think you'll finish no better than #5 in the Pac 10. It is definitely an up year for the Pac 10 so #5 isn't too shabby.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If Washington beats Ohio St and Hawaii beats Washington.... :D
Washington looked good against Boise, but I dont know how they are going to do against a Big 10 team. So far they have beaten the worst Big East team. and an overrated WAC opponent.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-09-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think Oregon and maybe even Washington may have something to say about that. I think you'll finish no better than #5 in the Pac 10. It is definitely an up year for the Pac 10 so #5 isn't too shabby.
After the way we played last night I see 5th as the most likely place for us. Washington always starts well and then drops off because they are typically a very thin team, but we don't have the heart to win it. I say 5th this year, 3rd or 4th next year, and then serious contention in Erickson's third year (if he stays that long). =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote: