Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-10-2007, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I'm calling it right now, just so everyone is aware. If Oklahoma returns all or most of their juniors they will be one of the best college teams ever next year. 4 Senior starters leaving....
I heard that fact during the game....God they're going to be beastly.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Wright to start at quarterback

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Here is the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3014083

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-11-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely like the decision. Glad Shannon is smart enough to fix the mistakes.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Definitely like the decision. Glad Shannon is smart enough to fix the mistakes.
Yea they had to go with Wright

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-11-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was just about to make a seperate thread with the Wright promotion to starting Qb but luckily I read this thread first. I hate multiple threads
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
i was just about to make a seperate thread with the Wright promotion to starting Qb but luckily I read this thread first. I hate multiple threads
I hate multiple threads myself, but anyways goodluck to Wright this week in that tough game against Florida International.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-11-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Wright is a draftable prospect and if he is able to right this sinking ship that is the Miami Hurricanes then maybe he can work his way into the 5th round
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Randy Phillips was moved to safety to provide depth.

Starting corners: Van Dyke and Armour
Starting safeties: Cooper and KP
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No more Gordon at KR. It was funny while it lasted. Shawnbrey McNeal is the likely new returner.

We really need some of these injured players to get back. Armour did good in camp but Sharpe is a much more proven player and I actually trust him in man to man (somewhat). Rochford didn't get the job done last week and Trump is out 3 more weeks. I wouldn't mind Morse going back to center and having Franklin start. Having Cook back would really help some of the communication problems and get Adkins off the field. Hopefully some of these gets worked out before the TAMU or ACC run.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-12-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to see what a barn burner the FSU-UM game is going to be this year.

:bursts out laughing:

;)
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
No more Gordon at KR. It was funny while it lasted. Shawnbrey McNeal is the likely new returner.

We really need some of these injured players to get back. Armour did good in camp but Sharpe is a much more proven player and I actually trust him in man to man (somewhat). Rochford didn't get the job done last week and Trump is out 3 more weeks. I wouldn't mind Morse going back to center and having Franklin start. Having Cook back would really help some of the communication problems and get Adkins off the field. Hopefully some of these gets worked out before the TAMU or ACC run.
Couple questions here... So what are you saying, Rochford won't be starting anymore, is that a sure thing? Also, is Sharpe close to returning as the starter?

And is Randy really a safety now, and why is Ponder not starting anymore??

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Couple questions here... So what are you saying, Rochford won't be starting anymore, is that a sure thing? Also, is Sharpe close to returning as the starter?

And is Randy really a safety now, and why is Ponder not starting anymore??
The Rochford thing is just me speculating, he just doesn't have the strength to hold up, he gets to the 2nd level well but if the RBs don't get past the first level it really doesn't matter. Sharpe may play this week but it would only be on special teams.

Ponder was hurt last week and wasn't starting anyway, Cooper has been starting all year. Randy was moved to safety.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-13-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am curious if they will be doing option style plays with Wright like we saw in the game this past weekend or will he be getting more of the spread offense that we saw with freeman in there. It seemed backwards to me personally as the style I want to see Wright in is more of a spread passing offense that might help spread the defense open lanes and give him time.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

They run certain packages with each QB. Freeman has more open packages so they can take advantage of his athleticism (lot of good that did :/). Wright threw out of some spread, mostly on the last drive of the first half, but he did get some plays there. I really didn't like the spread for the most part, one because it killed the running game, and two it didn't work passing for the most part. Certain situations ok, but as a base offense it didn't work.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-13-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami has been, and always should be, a pro-style offense. I didn't like the spread one bit for a few reasons.

1. James isn't fast enough to run the spread effectively running.
2. We can't keep teams honest with the pass.
3. Since the passing game is so bad, we need to run the ball many times and work of the playaction.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to embrace the fact that we have a solid defense and 2 good running backs, just pound the rock, control field position, and win games

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
We need to embrace the fact that we have a solid defense and 2 good running backs, just pound the rock, control field position, and win games
Exactly.... well said. Couldn't agree more.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
Miami has been, and always should be, a pro-style offense. I didn't like the spread one bit for a few reasons.

1. James isn't fast enough to run the spread effectively running.
2. We can't keep teams honest with the pass.
3. Since the passing game is so bad, we need to run the ball many times and work of the playaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Two very good points right here...

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Didn't get to see the game yet but here are some notable stats.

Kyle Wright- 10/19, 224 yards, TD, 2 INT. 44 rushing yards
Javarris James- 19, 92 yards
Graig Cooper- 11, 52 yards, TD
Darnell Jenkins- 5 rec, 108 yards
Lance Leggett- 1 rec, 80 yards, TD
Calais Campbell- 4 tkl, tfl, sack
Kenny Phillips- 7 tkl, INT
Tavares Gooden- 9 tkl

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-16-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is r phillips gonna start at safety? I think they should've left him at corner.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

The depth was needed at safety even if he isn't gonna start. Sharpe and Johnson should be back soon and them along with DVD, Grant and Armour we should be fine. Safety is very thin.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-16-2007, 09:49 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see the game but 23 pts against FIU is disappointing once again.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Wright looked pretty bad yesterday, take away that 80 yarder and he is 9/18 for 144 and 2 INTs, the D looked good as always and JJ & Coop once again proved that they should be what drives this team, I think they need to have the ball at least a combined 35-40 times a game

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

What do Canes fans think about undefeated Texas A&M this week?

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2