Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 09-10-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Sheppard is out at least 1 week, per a variety of sources.
Oddly enough, the Eagles were bad yesterday despite being healthy. Their OL especially was pathetic.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you sure that's the case, D? Their defense was pretty much in control of that game and stuffed the run against a solid GB OLine. The Eagles OLine paved the way for over 100 rush yards. McNabb's tentativeness was more a problem than anything else. It's possible that the receivers weren't getting open, but I'm not sure that's the case.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you sure that's the case, D? Their defense was pretty much in control of that game and stuffed the run against a solid GB OLine. The Eagles OLine paved the way for over 100 rush yards. McNabb's tentativeness was more a problem than anything else. It's possible that the receivers weren't getting open, but I'm not sure that's the case.
You could be right... maybe McNabb was more tentative than usual and/or maybe the receivers were not getting open... whatever it was, McNabb was not comfortable all day and was on the run A LOT.

Your Defense did play well. Credit to them.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks for Manning. After such a monster game, his confidence must have been at an all time high.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You could be right... maybe McNabb was more tentative than usual and/or maybe the receivers were not getting open... whatever it was, McNabb was not comfortable all day and was on the run A LOT.

Your Defense did play well. Credit to them.
McNabb looked reticent to make any throws on the run, and he wasn't comfortable. I don't know what the problem was, but the coaching staff didn't do enough to help him out psychologically. He looked so good in the preseason, but yesterday, he appeared overwhelmed. He lacked swagger. I'd like to watch the game from the coaching box to see whether GB schemed well or if it was McNabb's issue. I'm sure it was a combination of McNabb, the playcalling, and the defense. They did get some good pressure.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 09-10-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
That sucks for Manning. After such a monster game, his confidence must have been at an all time high.
The Giants are in scramble mode, and it's not looking good at all. They're probably going to get a top-10 pick now, and that team is very talented. Could be scary if they're able to draft more OLine talent or a top flight safety...

Old 09-10-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McNabb looked reticent to make any throws on the run, and he wasn't comfortable. I don't know what the problem was, but the coaching staff didn't do enough to help him out psychologically. He looked so good in the preseason, but yesterday, he appeared overwhelmed. He lacked swagger. I'd like to watch the game from the coaching box to see whether GB schemed well or if it was McNabb's issue. I'm sure it was a combination of McNabb, the playcalling, and the defense. They did get some good pressure.
I agree. Was it me or did he look winded pretty early in the game?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone pegged the skins as a 6-10 team at best but I'm telling you watch out, we will have a top 5 defense this year, and we finally have a decent kicker, Randle El returning punts, a top 5 running duo in Portis and Betts, Campbell made a few bad throws but has a wicked arm and we have 2 bonafide playmakers now with Moss and Randle El, well actually 3 if you include Cooley. Lloyd is bleh but he worked hard in the offseason to get over 200 pounds, so as a 3rd Wideout making his once in a moon highlight catches is enough.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

many conflicting reports on Osi and Eli's injuries. some saying Osi ouut 2 months, some saying 1, some saying he's day to day.

Mort says eli out a month, Giants "say" day to day and more evaluation... ughh i dont know what to think right now

and no offense ghetto, but you beat the Dolphins
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I wouldn't call us top 5 yet...

The way we defended the hashes to the sidelines was piss poor. However Carter and Montgomery were getting good pushes, and Rocky/Fletcher/Washington is forming to be a very nice LB corps. Our run defense was great, but pass defense minus the middle of the field was horrid.

Campbell's longball got me excited, he was dead on (that interception was Lloyd's fault, he lost the 1v1 jumpball). At the end of the game, a fresh Portis was getting at least 5 yards a run on a pretty good, and tired, front 7. Moss dropped too many, at least 60 yards worth collectively. With time, Campbell's short range accuracy will progress. Not enough Cooley's way, 1 catch for 10 I believe.

Oh yeah, and Mike Sellers is a freaking beast. Jason Taylor + Will Allen (?) + some other DB couldn't take him down.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Eli might play this week.

Mortensen is almost always wrong with his "breaking news" reports when it comes to the Giants. I doubt hes out a month.

Oh and Ghetto, the Skins will finish in the 7-9 - 9-7 area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
A big part of that could be the Packers' defense. They were impressive.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

They got good push up front, but I'm not certain that it was all their D. The Packers' safeties are notoriously mediocre. Has a lot to do with design, playcalling, and finding the open man. McNabb didn't go deep over the middle at all. Dunno if the WR's didn't get open. He seemed happier checking down immediately.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Giants are in scramble mode, and it's not looking good at all. They're probably going to get a top-10 pick now, and that team is very talented. Could be scary if they're able to draft more OLine talent or a top flight safety...
:(

If Eli is out as long as they say he's out, the season is over... :(

Then we can say hello to Kenny Phillips, Glenn Dorsey, or Jake Long. All 3 would look great in a Giants uniform. :)
Old 09-11-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If the Giants can add a top OT to their existing line and get the right HC in there, they could easily turn it around hardcore in 2008. I don't foresee them doing very well.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the Giants can add a top OT to their existing line and get the right HC in there, they could easily turn it around hardcore in 2008. I don't foresee them doing very well.
The offense isn't the problem. The offense is rarely the reason we lose games.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its your defense, mostly due to your secondary.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Phillips with the Giants would make the NFCE have godly safeties (they already are now lol)

Dawkins, Taylor, Williams, Landry, and Phillips? Wow lol.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:34 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dawkins won't be playing much longer and for some reason, Williams isn't going over well in Dallas, so that may not last long.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote