Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:41 PM    (permalink
SevenNationArmy

Both Garrard and Huard are leading their teams to victory even if they aren't putting up amazing numbers, but now there is talk about putting in the original starters. The question is should Huard and Garrard be benched for Green and Leftwich respectively, or should they continue to start even if the original starters are healthy enough to play.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:45 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

neither should be a fourth option.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:48 PM    (permalink
SevenNationArmy

I had a neither option but when I submitted it something went haywire.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I added neither to the poll...and voted for it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:58 PM    (permalink

I'm a firm believer in staying with the hot hand. I vote neither. If your winning or until the player messes up, I think you have to stay with what is working.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:18 PM    (permalink
SevenNationArmy

Leftwich is still a much better QB than Garrard, the only thing Garrard has is mobility. I don't see the Jags making the playoffs either, why go with a much shorter solution and have Leftwich go to another team and own. Everyone was talking about how much Leftwich was owning before all these injuries, he really should be starting for the Jags.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...e&type=fantasy

Quote:
RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Update: Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said he might stay with Huard at quarterback even when Trent Green (concussion) is ready to play, the Kansas City Star reports.

Recommendation: Edwards had said all along that Green would regain his job once he returned, but Huard has led Kansas City to victories in five of its last six games and put them right in the thick of the AFC playoff race. “Yeah, it’s going to add drama every week if we continue to win and Damon continues to play well," Edwards said. When asked if Green would be the starter when he is cleared to play, the coach said, "At this point, I don’t have to make that decision. Is it a hard decision? Yeah, it’s a hard decision." We will continue to monitor the situation.

Updated on Wednesday, Nov 8, 2006 11:34 am EST
Old 11-08-2006, 01:56 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Neither both are doing great.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Brunell.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:01 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither.

Damon is playing at a high level and you never know how players react to head injuries. Besides, he's in the rhythm in that offense, and you don't want to cut that out. It's not like he's playing crappily. Also helps with Larry Johnson behind you.

David will stay because Leftwich is supposedly not healthy. Either that, or Del Rio doesn't want even a 99.9% healthy Leftwich as opposed to a 100% Garrard because of Garrard's skill level. Again, he's not crap. He's a very good backup, and with the Jaguars defense and running game, he doesn't have to do as much. He may end up being the future "installed" starter, which is different from Trent Green.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:01 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenNationArmy
Leftwich is still a much better QB than Garrard, the only thing Garrard has is mobility. I don't see the Jags making the playoffs either, why go with a much shorter solution and have Leftwich go to another team and own. Everyone was talking about how much Leftwich was owning before all these injuries, he really should be starting for the Jags.
Leftwich is a better passer, but I'm not ready to say he's a better quarterback at this point. I've watched almost every Jaguars game since Leftwich has been drafted.

He shows flashes of brilliance, but you still don't know what you're going to get from him week-to-week. This was supposed to be his breakout season, and he's been plagued with the same inconsistencies.

He's a slow starter, and if you don't get him in a rhythm early in the game, he'll be a flop in the second half when you need him [Colts game].

However, I think he still has potential to be a star passer in this league. He's had some great performances against quality opponents. However, like I've said before, I think the chance of him developing into a top quarterback in this league disappears a little bit with every passing week.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say its time for some Nall action
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:29 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
He is bteter tahn bertt farv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink

Huard
Old 11-08-2006, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
I've heard way more mvp hype for Nall than Favre, so it must be true
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flozell Adams needs to be set down...too bad we have noone to force him off.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:56 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Mark Brunell.
:)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
I've heard way more mvp hype for Nall than Favre, so it must be true
lol
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:53 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

none of them, they both doing good in their starting roll
2drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huard.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither. Go with the hot hand.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey Porter.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:19 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Joey Porter.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why either should be benched. Especially Huard. Green has been out 8 weeks and Huard has played well.

If Huard struggles you have a great QB to come in but Huard has earned the right to keep his job. It's not like either of them are spring chickens.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote