Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Manning out Lorenzen (the hefty-lefty) is expected to start. I like our chances this week. I thought we could win this one before I knew Manning, Jacobs, and Osi won't play.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
With Manning out Lorenzen (the hefty-lefty) is expected to start. I like our chances this week. I thought we could win this one before I knew Manning, Jacobs, and Osi won't play.
Yeah, if we lose to the hefty-lefty.. a backup to a backup running back.. it would be mucho sad. Should be an easy win.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Packers 2-0 would be HUGE

its been 6 years senice we started 2-0

and in our 2nd game was a shout out

Last edited by The Legend : 09-10-2007 at 11:27 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers 7 Round Mock
1-Antoine Cason CB Arizona: If he's given a year to be the nickel and develop he could be good

2-Martin Rucker TE Missouri: He might not be here at this point but any of the top 3 or 4 TE's will do. Even if Bubba has a comeback year he wont last long anyway.

3-Chauncey Washington HB USC: If Morency doesnt fill the need of being a power back I like Chauncey here.

4-Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech: I like his pass rushing ability (255 pounds, 4.75 forty)

5-Andrew Bain OG The U: EIther Scott got his numbers wrong or he's really 340 pounds and runs a 5.15. Hopefully his 40 translates into good quickness.

6-Todd Blythe WR Iowa St: An underated WR, has great size.

7-Dennis Dixon QB Oregon: Good speed and size. Arm has alot to be desired.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Packers 7 Round Mock
1-Antoine Cason CB Arizona: If he's given a year to be the nickel and develop he could be good

2-Martin Rucker TE Missouri: He might not be here at this point but any of the top 3 or 4 TE's will do. Even if Bubba has a comeback year he wont last long anyway.

3-Chauncey Washington HB USC: If Morency doesnt fill the need of being a power back I like Chauncey here.

4-Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech: I like his pass rushing ability (255 pounds, 4.75 forty)

5-Andrew Bain OG The U: EIther Scott got his numbers wrong or he's really 340 pounds and runs a 5.15. Hopefully his 40 translates into good quickness.

6-Todd Blythe WR Iowa St: An underated WR, has great size.

7-Dennis Dixon QB Oregon: Good speed and size. Arm has alot to be desired.
Woah, where'd you get the idea that Morency was supposed to be a power back? He is definitely not. Infact he's quite the opposite, out of the two Jackson has more power.

Not bad though, mainly just filling needs which is all you can really do at this point in the season..
Old 09-12-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think morency has better size to be a power back, but i guess size isnt always what matters

that last statement was funny

Old 09-12-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WITI-TV, GREEN BAY -- The Green Bay Packers signed quarterback Dalton Bell and guard Cameron Stephenson to their practice squad on Tuesday, releasing tight end Clark Harris and quarterback Paul Thompson.
Me encantan los burritos.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Me encantan los burritos.
That surprises me.

And on the mock, no way do I think Dixon falls that far. His pure athleticism makes him go higher. I'm not a fan of Chauncey Washington either. I'd rather take a guy like Mike Hart instead of him.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Note: Justin King his talent is thru the roof said to maybe be the next Deion Sanders... said to run a 4.2 his worst time is a 4.32, great kick returner also plays wide out, but many people dont think he coming out this year

Top 10 Corners (* = UnderClass)

Justin King*, Penn St #2
40 Time: 4.25
Height: 6'0, Weight: 185

Malcom Jenkins, Ohio St
40 Time: 4.45
Height: 6'1, Weight: 210

Terrell Thomas, USC
Height: 6'1, Weight: 205

Antonio Cason, Arizona
Height: 6'0, Weight: 180

Aqib Talib, Kansas #3
40 Time: 4.55
Height: 6'2, Weight: 180

Dwight Lowery, San Jose St
Height: 6'1, Weight: 185

DeJuan Tribble, Boston Collage
40 Time: 4.40
Height: 5'8, Weight: 190

Chevis Jackson, LSU
40 Time: 4.50
Height: 6'0, Weight: 190

Dominique Rodgers, Tennessee St
Height: 6'3, Weight: 175

Brandon Flowers*, Virgina Tech
Height: 5'10, Weight: 190

Last edited by The Legend : 09-13-2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:18 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a good year to have a need at CB

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It's a good year to have a need at CB
yeah seems every body 6'0 or more lol

My Top 2 Corners

Malcom Jenkins, Ohio St
Height: 6'1, Weight: 210

Terrell Thomas, USC
Height: 6'1, Weight: 205

both great size and abilty to stop the run

Dwight Lowery - 9 INT is hard to look away from thou maybe he can fall to us in the 2nd round

Last edited by The Legend : 09-13-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Top 3 TE's
Rucker
Carlson
Davis

Haynos and Cottam are two guys to watch. At 6-8 they have a great advantage in the redzone.

My top 5 CB's
King
Cason
Lowerey
Jenkins
Flowers

Old 09-13-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
That surprises me.

And on the mock, no way do I think Dixon falls that far. His pure athleticism makes him go higher. I'm not a fan of Chauncey Washington either. I'd rather take a guy like Mike Hart instead of him.
I think chancey could be a good dark horse pick
Dixon could very well fall that far
And i doubt Hart becomes a mid to late 3rd rounder

Old 09-13-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was glancing over Scott's NFL player rankings, and he doesn't have Aaron Kampman in his top 10 DE rankings.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

wow thats harsh

Old 09-13-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was glancing over Scott's NFL player rankings, and he doesn't have Aaron Kampman in his top 10 DE rankings.
A lot of Scott's rankings are pretty bad quite frankly. Mike Nolan is a top 10 NFL coach but Lovie Smith isn't? Umm....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
A lot of Scott's rankings are pretty bad quite frankly. Mike Nolan is a top 10 NFL coach but Lovie Smith isn't? Umm....
Yeah, he sticks to what he is best at.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a modern day hero!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL7BzPNYVUc&NR=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
I like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvDOHYy49V0

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
ha that's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Koren Robinson finish all his paperwork for re-in statement
Koren Robinson is currently working out in Phoenix,
Koren Robinson isn't eligible to rejoin the Packers until October 17

**Other Notes**
Carlyle Holiday did not practice yesterday or today, doubtful for the Giants
Donald Lee limited practice yesterday or today, problem for the Giants
Greg Jennings is a game time discussions, doubtful for the Giants
Will Blackmon's broken thumb still healing, wont do returns for the Giants
Old 09-14-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

While I'll admit I haven't paid attention to many college cornerbacks for this year's class I like Malcolm Jenkins. A big corner, and I like Ohio State DB's. Not sure on his coverage style but I figure he's a physical man to man type that would really fit our defense.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Did u guys happen to see who are captins were?
From Packers.com

Quote:
This season, the Packers are maintaining a long-standing tradition of appointing weekly captains. The Packers select one player on offense, one on defense and one on special teams to serve as the team's three captains for a given game, and those three players take the field for the opening coin toss.

This week, the captains will be center Scott Wells on offense, Kampman on defense, and Jarrett Bush on special teams.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
From Packers.com
Ya I thought I didnt see ne1 whereing any of those Cs.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spitz will not be playing vs Giants. Coston will start for him.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/09/14/2/