Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-13-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rugters Fans At Navy Game

anyone here about this?

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index....l=1&thispage=1

They are what Rutgers was not so many years ago. Students first, athletes second. Except better.

wow, i dont even know what to say; rugters may be getting a little big headed
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
anyone here about this?

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index....l=1&thispage=1

They are what Rutgers was not so many years ago. Students first, athletes second. Except better.

Thats messed up

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't a big deal.

The only wrong thing was that it was towards a military's university. I'm glad that the penalty flag was thrown on them. It was overly disrespectful to trash someone who's part of the US Military. But, it is funny that Rutgers has the nerve to trash someone after being successful for less than 2 years.

The obscenities were coming from the students, who all were probably drunk for the most part or on something (High on the learning atmosphere?). If you're not expecting cussing or being treatedly rudely by the student's section, then don't sit next to the rowdy students! Not that the students weren't wrong, cuz they were. It was very classless and unsportsmanlike. But, to say the Rutgers students only treat rival fans like that is asinine. Most college students cuss and become dumbasses when surrounded by others students while they're at football games, especially if alcohol is involed. To expect them to behave themselves is naive.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just bothers me that people are making a bigger deal out of this because its Navy. Who cares who it is. It isn't sportmanslike against anyone. But the bottom line is, it happens all over.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post

Because of 50 drunken students in a crowd of 45,000?

Yes, it was approx. 50 students, and they were immediately told to shut up. The majority of the crowd cheered Navy. Ridiculous how people who weren't there have been exaggerating this more and more with each retelling.

Rutgers has played Navy for years and will continue to. It's been a great, friendly rivalry. Schiano, the AD, and the school president all said they were sorry this happened, and Paul Johnson and Navy said there were no hard feelings. BTW, here's what the Navy blogger at scout.com said: http://navy.scout.com/2/678831.html

Quote:
After the game, waiting above the tunnel to greet the Navy players as they exited the field were about a hundred or so Rutgers fans adorned in their scarlet red garb. They were cheering at that moment, not for the random Scarlet Knight player heading towards the locker room, but for the opposing team. Some fans were yelling, “Thank you for your service,” while others were chanting, “Beat Notre Dame.” I’m pretty sure this type of scene is rarely duplicated anywhere in sports, and it was nice to see that in the birthplace of college football some of the Rutgers fans “get it.” What they get is that the young men who they were cheering for were about to change out of their current uniform in favor of a much more important one.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After the game, waiting above the tunnel to greet the Navy players as they exited the field were about a hundred or so Rutgers fans adorned in their scarlet red garb. They were cheering at that moment, not for the random Scarlet Knight player heading towards the locker room, but for the opposing team. Some fans were yelling, “Thank you for your service,” while others were chanting, “Beat Notre Dame.” I’m pretty sure this type of scene is rarely duplicated anywhere in sports, and it was nice to see that in the birthplace of college football some of the Rutgers fans “get it.” What they get is that the young men who they were cheering for were about to change out of their current uniform in favor of a much more important one.
This bothers me. I'd say that 80% of the football players at Navy only go to Navy because its their only legit shot at decent Division 1 football. If say a school like Maryland or Wake Forrest offered them a scholarship, thats where they would be.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
This bothers me. I'd say that 80% of the football players at Navy only go to Navy because its their only legit shot at decent Division 1 football. If say a school like Maryland or Wake Forrest offered them a scholarship, thats where they would be.
I would actually say its more in the 90-95% range. These kids dont want to be in the Navy. They just want to play D-1 ball.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-14-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
I would actually say its more in the 90-95% range. These kids dont want to be in the Navy. They just want to play D-1 ball.
I agree. I was just trying to be conservative. I'm just saying lets not make the Navy football players out to be bigger heros than they are. They don't go there because of patriotism or their desire to serve our country.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree. I was just trying to be conservative. I'm just saying lets not make the Navy football players out to be bigger heros than they are.
I understand what your saying.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-14-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
paladin
Rookie

paladin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

WHAT?

Alright, let me get this out in the open. NONE of the service academies put out great football teams. NONE of the service academies will be producing any Heisman candidates any time soon. NONE of the service academies will be competing for a BCS championship any time soon.

But to suggest a majority of the cadets signed with a military academy school just so they can have the "prestige" of participating in a DIV I football program is ridiculous.

The cadets of our nation's service academies have to excel academically, physically, mentally, and emotionally to even be CONSIDERED for acceptance into the military academies. They've got a lot more important things on their minds than the "prestige" of playing DIV I athletics.

Being on the football team is a form of PT for these young men.

They have made the commitment to become officers - leaders of our armed forces - for a minimum of 5 years after they graduate from the academy. They'll be training to better serve their Airmen, Coast Guards, Marines, Sailors, and Soldiers, so that they can go out their and effectively perform and accomplish their missions. For the most part, these officers go on and serve their branch and country with unmatched honor, loyalty, and courage.

Football, is just more training for these young men.

Just catch the ball...
paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Another person with their head up their you know what. Navy is most of their chance at D1 football. Also most would rather go to Navy than Army for obvious reasons. No suprise Navy has had the better team the last handful of years. Of course if they do make it big and happen to be good enough for the NFL they get out of their comittment early.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Another person with their head up their you know what. Navy is most of their chance at D1 football. Also most would rather go to Navy than Army for obvious reasons. No suprise Navy has had the better team the last handful of years. Of course if they do make it big and happen to be good enough for the NFL they get out of their comittment early.
LOL was that dude serious with that post.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2