Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 09-10-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jake long then colt brennan!
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey i have a ? for ya'll who is the dirty birds back up QB with shockley done, sorry for being late and go Falcons:)

Also who is the starting LT since that was a huge weakness by all accounts??

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Redman and Wayne Gandy, respectively.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Chris Redman and Wayne Gandy, respectively.
I'm stupid, i forgot about Redman, do you think he could get some snaps at starter, from the game i saw in preseason he didn't look that bad.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i doubt redman plays unless harrington gets hurt this year. i dont wanna even imagine redman leading our offense.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
If Henne becomes a Falcon I will never EVER watch the Falcons again.

In the draft we don't have as many 'needs' as you listed. But our 'needs' are...

LT, NT

You listed QB..that's a joke...Joey was not bad...at all. Joey looked fine back there actually, our WRs screwed him and 1 fluke batted pass.

C is fine, we have our C on the IR right now. RB, we need a power back but we have our feature back. WR, sure, but Robinson is legit, and I don't know about WRs in this year's draft at least not super high caliber ones. SS...uh...have you completely forgotten about Stone? DE...give me a break...maybe a backup DE late, but Anderson and Abe are $$$ Davis is a very good backup. MLB...maybe...but there aren't any of those.
QB IS a need. I don't care how Joey played in one game and it wasn't even that impressive.

C is OK, but I could see depth being brought in.

I would like to think Norwood is our feature back but 5 carries? How much faith can you have in a guy giving him 5 carries while your starter is getting stuffed?

I like Robinson, but no one else sounds too good. Roddy has looked decent but that TD drop in preseason I won't forget. Jenkins hasn't looked good and Horn is old. I wouldn't mind DeSean Jackson as a 3rd or 4th draft option.

Uh...I'm not placing faith in a 6th round pick from Maine despite potential.

Abraham will continue to be injury prone until proven otherwise and I don't see anyone on the roster who I trust as a starter. Plus, he is injury prone and 29 as a speed rusher. Not a first round need, but 3rd/4th round isn't out of the question.

MLB is fine in this years draft. Jonathan Goff, Vince Hall, Jasper Brinkley, etc etc.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
QB IS a need. I don't care how Joey played in one game and it wasn't even that impressive.

C is OK, but I could see depth being brought in.

I would like to think Norwood is our feature back but 5 carries? How much faith can you have in a guy giving him 5 carries while your starter is getting stuffed?

I like Robinson, but no one else sounds too good. Roddy has looked decent but that TD drop in preseason I won't forget. Jenkins hasn't looked good and Horn is old. I wouldn't mind DeSean Jackson as a 3rd or 4th draft option.

Uh...I'm not placing faith in a 6th round pick from Maine despite potential.

Abraham will continue to be injury prone until proven otherwise and I don't see anyone on the roster who I trust as a starter. Plus, he is injury prone and 29 as a speed rusher. Not a first round need, but 3rd/4th round isn't out of the question.

MLB is fine in this years draft. Jonathan Goff, Vince Hall, Jasper Brinkley, etc etc.
I'm not talking about MEDIOCRE talent here, I'm talking about ELITES. Vince could be VERY good, but I don't see him being in the pro bowl every year. I want someone with that kind of potential.

You're insanely negative...who knows maybe you're right maybe a 29 yr old man is past his prime...oh wait...he hasn't hit his prime yet...

As far as Norwood goes...I've explained this MANY times...he only got 5 carries because they were worried about him in pass protection. They want him to be solid on that, they know that Dunn is above average, so they want to protect Joey on the blitz pickup (WHICH we knew they were going to do a LOT of) Norwood didn't get enough touches because of that...but I'll take his rushing attempts over that of Dunn's anyday, but you can't just plug a guy in and run him every time, because if you did that they would know when the run was coming...BP was trying to keep em guessing, but we couldn't execute enough and the bounces didn't go our way.

What were Joey's stats for that HALF of football? Do you even know? 164 passing yards...2 touchdowns...62% completion percentage. You know how many drops we had that game? You know that Roddy dropped a big TD pass? So you're telling me that 4TD passes 328yards passing and 62% completion isn't that impressive? HA, give me a break. It's not impressive for Manning to do, but for a Falcon QB, HECK ya it is. For any QB that's an above average day, that's a very good day. If Roddy could have held onto that TD it would have made his stats closer to 185 or so yards passing with 3 TDs in the first half...which lets see...yeah...370 passing yards...6TDs...and 64% completion...yeah, that's not impressive...at ALL...gag at the thought of that. Foolishness. I'd LOVE to see 328passing yards and 4 TDs with 0 INT from a QB...

Why don't you just go 'cheer' for another team...if that's what you think you're doing...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:52 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

who cares? harrington DIDN'T get 3 tds. he didn get any! i dont wanna blame this all on harringon cause our team as a whole played bad. i agree with oxy about norwood and really hope he's practicing and improving on his blitz pickup so he can see more action, he's the only bright spot i see on our team.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not talking about MEDIOCRE talent here, I'm talking about ELITES. Vince could be VERY good, but I don't see him being in the pro bowl every year. I want someone with that kind of potential.

You're insanely negative...who knows maybe you're right maybe a 29 yr old man is past his prime...oh wait...he hasn't hit his prime yet...

As far as Norwood goes...I've explained this MANY times...he only got 5 carries because they were worried about him in pass protection. They want him to be solid on that, they know that Dunn is above average, so they want to protect Joey on the blitz pickup (WHICH we knew they were going to do a LOT of) Norwood didn't get enough touches because of that...but I'll take his rushing attempts over that of Dunn's anyday, but you can't just plug a guy in and run him every time, because if you did that they would know when the run was coming...BP was trying to keep em guessing, but we couldn't execute enough and the bounces didn't go our way.

What were Joey's stats for that HALF of football? Do you even know? 164 passing yards...2 touchdowns...62% completion percentage. You know how many drops we had that game? You know that Roddy dropped a big TD pass? So you're telling me that 4TD passes 328yards passing and 62% completion isn't that impressive? HA, give me a break. It's not impressive for Manning to do, but for a Falcon QB, HECK ya it is. For any QB that's an above average day, that's a very good day. If Roddy could have held onto that TD it would have made his stats closer to 185 or so yards passing with 3 TDs in the first half...which lets see...yeah...370 passing yards...6TDs...and 64% completion...yeah, that's not impressive...at ALL...gag at the thought of that. Foolishness. I'd LOVE to see 328passing yards and 4 TDs with 0 INT from a QB...

Why don't you just go 'cheer' for another team...if that's what you think you're doing...
If. If. If. Sounds just like when Michael Vick was QB. If this would have happened then he would have been blah blah blah. I'm done with 'if's. Who cares if he could have been. He wasn't. And it was preseason, which is oviously 90% vanilla coverages.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Generally defensive ends hit their prime in the 26-28 area. Abraham is injury prone, we knew that when we aquired him.

You can't have elite at every position. I'll take very good in the second round.