Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-09-2006, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Discuss the Titans here.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:22 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First post in the new Titans' thread...woo-hoo!!! 8)

So...another site that I was reading was breaking down how the Titans DEF is actually somehow WORSE this year than it was last year. They pose an interesting question: With the addition of players like Chris Hope, Robaire Smith, David Thornton, and Cortland Finnegan (all of whom have made plays this year), how can the DEF be statistically worse??? Do the problems lie with the players or with something else...*cough* Schwartz *cough*...

I think this is what us Titans' fans on this board have been saying for awhile. Will Schwartz FINALLY be gone after this season, so that our defensive talent can play up to their potential???
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, I had a nice long post typed up and my pc froze. Oh well, I'll give it another go.

I think Schwartzie's ulta conservative schemes do play a large part into why our defense is so bad, but if you want my opinion, another huge reason is because we are soft up the middle. Randy Starks cannot hold up against the run, he gets pushed around. Robaire is ok against the run, but he's no dominant stuffer. Then the to top it all of, we have probably the slowest, least physical MLB in the leage, Pete Sirmon, behind them. It's just not a winning combination.

We need to build our defense back up geared to stopping the run, and it all starts in the trenches. What I would do, is use the same blueprint that the Jacksonville Jaguars used:

Say we are picking in the 6-10 (which is very realistic because of tiebreakers) range in the draft. CJ and Gaines are gone. I pick Alan Branch to team with Big Al next year. Al and Al.

Branch = 6'6 330
Albert = 6'6 320, though if you look at him, he's clearly around 330

Use Starks and Mahelona in rotation, let Robaire walk. Put those two beasts together starting at DT, and let Tulloch be a sideline-to-sideline MLB, sort of cut in the mold of Mike Peterson.

Then, with the $41 Mill in cap space, I'd probably try to sign a CB or OL like Asante Samuel or Eric Steinbach. I'd also lock up some of our younger guys long term. In rd 2, I'd look to upgrade CB or DE. Say:

Rd 1. Alan Branch
Rd 2. Fred Bennett

That'd be:

RDE: Travis LaBoy (look to upgrade in FA!)
DT: Alan Branch
DT: Albert Haynesworth
LDE: Kyle Vanden Bosch

WLB: Keith Bulluck
MLB: Stephen Tulloch
SLB: David Thornton

RCB: Fred Bennett
FS: LaMont Thompson/Vincent Fuller/Calvin Lowry (camp battle or upgrade in FA)
SS: Chris Hope
LCB: Adam Jones

Do I think it'll happen? No, because I think the staff views Starks and Robaire as quality starter, but if I were running the team, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgot to add, I'd fire Schwartz and hire a new DC as well, I'll need to research some candidates before I choose.

Of course this will all never happen, but...
Old 11-09-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:46 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Hey smitty, how you been doing?
Old 11-09-2006, 03:48 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfan33
Quote:
Hey smitty, how you been doing?
Good

Old 11-09-2006, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Odom had knee arthroscopic knee surgery today. Fisher says he might miss 2-3 weeks, maybe less. I'm starting to think Odom will never shake the injury bug. :?
Old 11-11-2006, 11:59 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOR THE FIRST TIME IN # SEASONS THE TITANS ARE GOING TO BE ON TELLY IN ENGLAND so happy
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why do you have crying smilies then stephnonson?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the Titans will pick up a FA FS, and CB. Since we are supposed to have 41 million in cap space next year.
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when the Oilers first moved to Tennessee and there were serious discussions that they might be named the Tennessee Tuxedos. That would have been the best damn mascot ever.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
I remember when the Oilers first moved to Tennessee and there were serious discussions that they might be named the Tennessee Tuxedos. That would have been the best damn mascot ever.
That would have been awesome.

Anyway, could of updates:

Calvin Lowry got some practice reps with the 1st team defense at FS. LaMont should still start, but he could be on a short leash...hopefully...or this could mean nothing at all.

Rob Reynolds got placed on IR and we signed Terna Nande off the PS to the active roster.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:21 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

terna nande is pretty good but it is too bad that he is buried in the depth chart
Old 11-11-2006, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2
terna nande is pretty good but it is too bad that he is buried in the depth chart
I thought he would be a beast on special teams, but he looked really bad in preseason. Overpursued alot and missed a bunch of tackles as well.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:35 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2
I thought he would be a beast on special teams, but he looked really bad in preseason. Overpursued alot and missed a bunch of tackles as well.
really? i have only seen him in college and he was great
Old 11-11-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Tough day for me and you, smitty :x

Unfortunately, I don't think tomorrow will be any better.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

OMG, bench LaMont now pleeeeease. :x
Old 11-12-2006, 01:55 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

LT made a terrible play and now a good one...... :?

We need ALOT more of this good play from him today.

Old 11-12-2006, 01:59 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Tough day for me and you, smitty :x

Unfortunately, I don't think tomorrow will be any better.
Next week it will be a tough one for you

Old 11-12-2006, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

What a horseshit call. That was clearly a fumble.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

Quote:
LT made a terrible play and now a good one...... :?

We need ALOT more of this good play from him today.
finally a good play by him
Old 11-12-2006, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamont with his second pick of the game :D

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10
hes still ****
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10
hes still ***********
All is forgiven for 1 week. No badmouthing LaMont for 1 week. Until he screws up next week :?