Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 09-12-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Monte Kiffin's Defense Vs. Joey Harrington....Hmm...

When Simeon Rice, Warren Sapp, John Lynch, Hardy Nickerson, Ronde Barber, Donnie Abraham and Derrick Brooks find the fountain of youth and put on their Pewter pants I will be scared.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I predict a 40-3 romp for the Saints.
We aren't that bad.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, 31-7 then.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Carolina this year. Maybe it's because I felt that they severely underachieved last year, and weren't nearly as bad of a team as they played like. Injuries were a factor, but they didn't play up to their abilities. I picked this team to win the NFC South before the New Orleans debacle in the first game of the season. If Delhomme can play well and limit his mistakes and Lucas and Gamble can play up to their abilities, I see no reason to think this team can't take the South.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I really like Carolina this year. Maybe it's because I felt that they severely underachieved last year, and weren't nearly as bad of a team as they played like. Injuries were a factor, but they didn't play up to their abilities. I picked this team to win the NFC South before the New Orleans debacle in the first game of the season. If Delhomme can play well and limit his mistakes and Lucas and Gamble can play up to their abilities, I see no reason to think this team can't take the South.
That was the scenario I feared coming into the season. I knew Carolina was a better team than what they displayed last season, they were hit with injuries early and got some tough breaks. Couple that with my paranoid, worry about the Saints falling back a bit and Week 1 was not so kind to dispel that fear.

but alas it's only Week 1 and more games need to be played. I was impressed by Carolina particularly their Offensive play calling which seemed much more balanced, and effective.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alright, 31-7 then.
I think the Buc's will have more than 7 points in their home opener at Ray Jay although I still don't think our D will do enough to contain the Saints all day. But we do have a pirate ship in our stadium so don't forget to factor that in :).

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:15 AM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

Call me crazy but I still think David Carr would be better in this offense even after the Rams game.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I think the Buc's will have more than 7 points in their home opener at Ray Jay although I still don't think our D will do enough to contain the Saints all day. But we do have a pirate ship in our stadium so don't forget to factor that in :).
You know I'm just joking around..

Old 09-13-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I gave it a split since I think both teams are lousy and it will be hard for one team to be that exponentially better than the other.
A road split would make sense, since both teams are so horribly inconsistent (or just plain woeful) that home field has no effect. The team that eats more Wheaties for breakfast will probably take the cake.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joercky View Post
Call me crazy but I still think David Carr would be better in this offense even after the Rams game.
The Panthers don't have the kind of brick wall pass protection that's needed to make Carr effective. I used to love watching Texans games because I could go grab a snack at the start of any play without missing any action, because Carr just drops back stunned and waits to get hammered. A change of scenery probably won't help him make his reads and throws any quicker, so I doubt he would have much effect in this offense other than the odd Hail Mary to Steve Smith.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Why do people like David Carr so much? Sure Houston didn't have an all-pro O-Line, but almost every analyst blamed Carr for a lot of the sacks he took. He never learned how the process information, read and anticipate and make stick throws down the field. He would either check down, throw a lob to Andre Johnson or get crushed.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Why do people like David Carr so much? Sure Houston didn't have an all-pro O-Line, but almost every analyst blamed Carr for a lot of the sacks he took. He never learned how the process information, read and anticipate and make stick throws down the field. He would either check down, throw a lob to Andre Johnson or get crushed.
People become enamored with "the QB prototype" and forget about the basics of the position. It doesn't matter how strong your arm is or how fast you are if you can't make pre-snap reads, dissect coverages and throw quick passes in the seams. Those are the most important skills for a QB, and the reasons why guys like Chad Pennington & Brad Johnson can have success in this league. Carr still hasn't progressed much as a passer from his days at Fresno State and he is very difficult to coach because of his lack of mental tools.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Carr has shown absolutely nothing in Carolina to suggest that he could be a good quaterback here, or anywhere. If Jake goes down I'd almost rather see if Steve Beuerlein would rather get his ass out of the announcing booth than hand the keys over to Carr
Old 09-16-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
You guys will beat us once. We always have to drop one game a season to a quarterback that should be working at the local 7-11 instead of in the NFL. I like to call it the "McCown corollary"

Remember, Romomania began because he dominated us in the first start of his career. I'm very concerned about the Houston game, only because they've been qualifiers for this rule pretty much every time we've played them
This is why we don't brag.

I was actually expecting them to be able to throw through our defense like were nothing. Happens every time we play a incoming starter.

We help QBs get on their feet and give them some help getting started.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alright, 31-7 then.
You got that backwards...