Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 09-16-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ouch.. low blow.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as it hurts, it's scientific proof that can't be denied. I'm sorry.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What a joke. Our secondary played well today, but it's going to get better when Houston steps up and takes the role away from Sanders. I am glad Lewis is standing up and fighting, and he'll make a great Nickel corner, but now it's time to get Houston out there starting opposite Deangelo and throw the kid in the fire. Our season is far from over, but you guys have already jumped ship and are clamoring for the #1 overall pick in the draft. I'm very VERY excited about what I'm seeing on the defensive side of the ball. I'd like some more consistent pressure, but overall was good. It's good to see that we have the talent out there on that side of the ball to keep us in games. We are just lacking a couple playmakers on offense. Norwood isn't getting enough touches, that's all there is to it. Robinson will be our playmaker on WR, but he's not ready for that, and he may not be the big play threat we have to have...we're yet to see that. But our QB is NOT the issue folks, Joey is JUST fine. He's not the problem, he may not be the answer, but he's not the biggest position we need to replace. We have to protect our QB better, no matter who he is. Now we need to get some players out there to help him and his managing style.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
What a joke. Our secondary played well today, but it's going to get better when Houston steps up and takes the role away from Sanders. I am glad Lewis is standing up and fighting, and he'll make a great Nickel corner, but now it's time to get Houston out there starting opposite Deangelo and throw the kid in the fire. Our season is far from over, but you guys have already jumped ship and are clamoring for the #1 overall pick in the draft. I'm very VERY excited about what I'm seeing on the defensive side of the ball. I'd like some more consistent pressure, but overall was good. It's good to see that we have the talent out there on that side of the ball to keep us in games.
Here is where I agree with you. The defense is very solid. They haven't faced a legitimate offense yet, but still they aren't too blame.

Quote:
We are just lacking a couple playmakers on offense. Norwood isn't getting enough touches, that's all there is to it.
Agreed, they need to use him as a check down and let him make a play in the open field.

Quote:
Robinson will be our playmaker on WR, but he's not ready for that, and he may not be the big play threat we have to have...we're yet to see that.
I definitely like what I've seen from him and all of the '07 draft class

Quote:
But our QB is NOT the issue folks, Joey is JUST fine. He's not the problem, he may not be the answer, but he's not the biggest position we need to replace. We have to protect our QB better, no matter who he is. Now we need to get some players out there to help him and his managing style.
Here is where you are dead wrong in my opinion. Joey Harrington is very much not fine. He is one of the worst starting Quarterbacks in the NFL. He has more interceptions than touchdowns, he shows poor pocket awareness, limited arm strength and has been in the league long enough to know he'll never improve. He's like Michael Vick, only he's worse as a passer and he cannot run. Does the rest of the offense need an upgrade? Yes they do, but the Joey Harrington is definitely an issue and definitely is not fine. I might take him over Tarvaris Jackson. That's the only QB in the league I wouldn't take over Harrington.

Last edited by Shiver : 09-17-2007 at 01:57 AM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:57 AM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

iloxygenil we know you love the team but being realistic were looking 4-12 dead in the face right now.We have only scored 10 points in two games and so far Joey is on pace to break David Carr sack record by 30 sacks.Cleveland put up 50 points and Anderson had 5 TD's and Oakland can easily be 2-0 right now so where does that leave Atlanta? Worst team in the leauge?
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know that Wayne Gandy went down with a hamstring injury in the first quarter and the Falcons had a rookie left tackle come in to replace him. That explains some of the many sacks yesterday?

Last edited by Geo : 09-17-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no.. the rookie actually played well except for a dumb penalty. harrington just needs way too much time in the pocket.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He gave up 1, and it was a combo between him and Blalock not having played together enough to know how they were going to handle the stunt. So, I'm fine with him being in there, he's about equal to Gandy, except he can learn and get a little bit better.

Most of their sacks were on the blitz which leaves Joey at fault for not finding someone open when 6 men were blitzing. There had to be a hole somewhere. I'm not happy with this...he manages it fine, he's not a playmaker though. There were MANY times when i wanted him to check to Norwood because he was wide open on the left side, and could have broken at least 2 for TDs no lie. There was 1 when there wasn't even a single DB over there, one where there was just a LB and we all know he's going to beat any LB in the league.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote