Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 09-16-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Raiders get hosed once again

That was the most effed up game I've watched in a while. We won that game. They took it from us. 2 52 yarders. I mean come on, you have to notify the officials if you plan to do that. The officials shouldnt have recognized it. Janikowski is not gonna make that kick twice. 52 yds aint no gimmee.

Anyway, here are some things I noticed in the game -

-McCown started, WTF, he was doubtful. Turned the ball over again, missed open receivers (especially Porter near the end of the game that would've sealed the win.) Ya, he's a courageous guy, and can give you a lift, but hes an above avg backup. A guy you can count on to give you a chance. His management late in the game was mediocre at best, having to waste timeouts and showing a lack of urgency on the final drive of regulation. He also shows a lack of urgency when getting away fromt he line and handing the ball off on a running play. Daunte should be the starter. McCown has time behind the line, I cant wait to see what Daunte can do. McCheckdown makes too many mistakes and has trouble getting the ball downfield. Put Daunte in and see what he can do, after all, he won the competition in preseason.

- Im really starting to question the lack of blitzing. I didnt see any at all. We cant just rush 4 and play straight up every play. We need to mix things up, especially against a young QB. Put some effing pressure on him. Our guys are smart enough to play in a more dynamic scheme. We always have 5 DB's out there and Routt sucks.

- Schwigey is terrible. Missing tackles, blowing coverages. Did anybody see the play where he 'tried' to meet Henry straight up and got blown up for 10 more yards. I know henry stepped out of bounds 6 yards into him, but still, Schwigey didnt know that. Rarely seen around the ball, except for the instances in which he gets burned and has to try and making a TD saving tackle. Great call cutting Darius.

-LaMont and the running game are revving up. If we had a competent QB in there, we could really do some damage on the offensive side of the ball.

Great comeback once again, but McClown is just not a starting QB - Daunte is proven and we really have nothing to lose. Make the change already.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pretty much agree, especially about McCown and the D.

I liked what McCown did last game, but today he was just plain bad. I was hesitant to call for C-Pep during the week, but McCown's performance today changed my mind. We need to stretch the opponents D more often instead of automatically going to the checkdown option.

As for the D, I think Rob Ryan needs to recognize that good things happen with our D when we pressure the QB. We only blitzed a few times all game, but each time there was a positive result.

And friggin Shwigey, he took bad angles on back to back plays that allowed Denver to get 2 huge gains (Romance Taylors big run and the pass play that followed). God I hate him.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That one hurt.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think were alot better team this year than we were last year. Even now it's only the second game.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Schweigert was horrible in that game. I know he isn't the best in coverage but there is no excuse for missing tackle after tackle. He better step up or his job will be in jeopardy.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

were in desperate need of a NB.
CJ 4 catches 70 yards and a TD I believe.
Stokely 3 catches for 43 yards and a TD.
Routt sucks in both zone and in man.Time to look for his replacement.
Huff did mediocre overall but looked a bit better against the run.
Fabs looks worse than last year.
I put the blame on Perry and Hanson.No need to hire these idiots.And now we look worse in coverage.Not that the lack of pressure helps.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

u should Have Jay Richardson Starting
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Well he and Kelly are pretty much the same.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

I thought Huff looked much better than average yesterday. *shrug* Still learning, but he is becoming noticeable for good reasons rather than bad ones...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
were in desperate need of a NB.
CJ 4 catches 70 yards and a TD I believe.
Stokely 3 catches for 43 yards and a TD.
Routt sucks in both zone and in man.Time to look for his replacement.
Huff did mediocre overall but looked a bit better against the run.
Fabs looks worse than last year.
I put the blame on Perry and Hanson.No need to hire these idiots.And now we look worse in coverage.Not that the lack of pressure helps.
I really believe the answer to this problem is converting Huff to DB for the year and letting BJ Ward start at SS, Ward is a force as a tackler and is servicable in coverage, Huff has the skills to be a cover corner and looks ok in zone, but much better than Routt.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

START dAUNTE YOUNGIN!!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
START dAUNTE YOUNGIN!!!!
Not this week, he already said McClown gets the start. Lord have mercy, am I gonna have to start calling him Lame Kiffin? Never thought I'd see the day when Derek Anderson would be the better QB in an oakland-cleveland matchup.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Dunno if I'd go that far. I like McCown's attitude, and at least Lane Kiffin is going to give him a decent shot. I think if Kiffin does end up switching QB's it will be a permanent change, and I don't think McCown has been that bad to be sent to the bench forever.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote: