Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 09-13-2007, 04:51 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vikings at Detroit Week 2 Discussion

This Should be a good test for our improved Pass defense mainly Marcus McCauley as he should be matched up against Calvin Johnson the most of the game. Martz offense is about timing if we can Play them physical and bump them off their routes we should fair well against them. Their O-line definatly looked improved last week but it's still not great we should be able to control the Line. I'll be looking to see if Robison can follow up a good 2 sack performance last week with some more this week. All in all i am very confident our defense will do very well against them. In the 2 games Last year against the lions kitna threw 6 interceptions against us. I think we should be able to nab 1 or 2 more this week.

Offensively I expect a Monster game from Adrian Peterson Rushing and Recieving. If Artose pinner can put up 125 and 3 tds, and if the Raiders can put 92 Rush yds led by Lamont Jordan 70 Rush Yds 1td 4.7 Avg With their Crappy O-line. You can imagine what AD & and our O-line can do to them. This also could be the week to build Tarvaris some Confidence against a lacking secondary. I wouldn't at all be shocked to see Tarvaris have a good game.

My Prediction: Vikings 30 Lions 14 With atleast 7 of the 30 comings from a Troy Williamson TD(Yes im predicting a TD by T-Will)

Note: Vikings have not lost to Detroit in their Last 10 meetings. I wouldn't be shocked if it Ended this meeting but I honestly I just don't see it happening
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:42 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This one is a very interesting match up to me. It's basically our strength vs their strength and their strength vs our weakness.

We didn't look good against the pass, against Joey Harrington and the only receiver group worse than ours. So it should be interesting to say the least.

I expect Peterson to run well, whats the latest on Taylor? He would be a big out if he doesnt play, but at the same time, I like that Peterson is a real home run threat and almost prefer him as a single back.

I expect them to score more on us, Martz wont waste time trying to run down the middle and Bell can certainly get outside. Be interesting to see if their OL can deal with the blitz because ATLs couldn't. That will be the deciding factor to me. If they handle the blitz and thus any chance we have of a pass rush, they will throw all over us. If they cant handle it, we win.

Personally I cant see us scoring 30pts, if we do my fantasy teams with our defense will win ;).

I see something like 17 to 10 for us. In a hard fought battle.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wogitalia
Personally I cant see us scoring 30pts, if we do my fantasy teams with our defense will win .
Well as un-inspiring as our offense is that defense is just flat out bad. Last year we had 26 and 30 points against them in our two meetings we have a better offense this year so 30 certanily isn't out of the question but i based that prediction on the fact i think our defense will create a good amount of turnovers giving us a short field for our offense, or scoring themselves. Add that to the fact i think AD will have a monster game and i have 30 point prediction.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unlike most of the people on this forum (non-Viking fans), I see us winning. Our defense had the biggest effect on the two games last year. Kitna looked like a little girl, and we didn't even have a pass rush. I imagine more of the same this year, especially with better edge-rushers.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i agree crazy, and oakland, who had the worst offense in the league last year, scored plenty of points against detroit.

detroit scored 24 points off of turnovers on drives less than 35 yards last week against Oakland, they only had TWO drives out of 13 where they drove the ball longer than 37 yards....the Vikes did an excellent job of making Atlanta start within their own 25 all game long, IMO, if we do that and create a couple of turnovers to give us a short field, i definately see the Vikes holding detroit to 14 points or less, which i think will give us the win, their secondary is terrible (mccown threw for 300 plus yards) so i think our offense can do something this week....
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Unlike most of the people on this forum (non-Viking fans), I see us winning. Our defense had the biggest effect on the two games last year. Kitna looked like a little girl, and we didn't even have a pass rush. I imagine more of the same this year, especially with better edge-rushers.
They don't understand just how badly we dominate the lions.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck this weekend. Hope there are no injuries.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Chester Taylor playing?

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Chester is listed as Questionable so who knows if he plays it won't be very much especially if AD is having a good game.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

update on Chester:

Quote:
On Friday, the Vikings listed Taylor as questionable for Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions, and coach Brad Childress said the decision would be up to the running back.

"Sometimes those things get better as they go," Childress said. "He's done everything he can to put himself in the position, so we'll see.

"We'll leave it up to him."

Asked if Taylor will travel to Detroit, Childress said, "I'm planning on him playing, so yeah, he is going to make the trip."
http://www.twincities.com/ci_6897912?source=most_viewed
Old 09-16-2007, 07:41 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think we'll run off the right side as much as we did against Atlanta going against Redding and White?? and if we do with as much success?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
Do you guys think we'll run off the right side as much as we did against Atlanta going against Redding and White?? and if we do with as much success?
Yeah, I think we'll go off both sides evenly today. I hope Peterson is successful. He should at least be able to get 100.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest fellas, I see this week as another fairly easy victory. I just think that we match up fairly well against Detroit and see us taking the game by the score of 27-13.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

What a great game guys!!! :)
Old 09-16-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's some things we need to do after this game:

1. Fire Brad Childress

2. Bench Tarvaris Jackson

3. Never let Ferguson see the field and put Sidney Rice in

4. Revamp the right side of our offensive line

5. Put some god damn pressure on the quarterback

6. Change our defensive scheme, because we can't cover for ****.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post

1. Fire Brad Childress

I like all of those especially 1,3,4,5,6. Number 2 is still iffy he is young and maybe if we got a GOOD Veteran in here to teach him than we'd be fine. If we go 5-11 or less Brad Childress needs to the hell out and we need to bring in someone good like Cowher haha.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Cowher did say he liked the vikings last week he said he thought we'd be good... and we would definatly if we had him
Old 09-17-2007, 07:41 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post

1. Fire Brad Childress

Love how ur saying this after the second game of the season....I mean dammit, talk about overreacting.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Love how ur saying this after the second game of the season....I mean dammit, talk about overreacting.
I know, DHVF, but it hurts sooo much. Do you really think much is going to change after this game?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I know, DHVF, but it hurts sooo much. Do you really think much is going to change after this game?
If they look at the film, most likely. I honestly think the main reason why we passed the ball so much yesterday, was because of the absences of Chester Taylor and to a greater extent Tony Richardson.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
If they look at the film, most likely. I honestly think the main reason why we passed the ball so much yesterday, was because of the absences of Chester Taylor and to a greater extent Tony Richardson.
Yeah, I really think those losses hurt us. Richardson can make some plays out of the backfield. We'll see how it goes this week.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I think what really hurt us was the 12 penalties that just completely unacceptable. I thought they were on the right track after only 1 last week but damn... If we keep getting penalized soo much we will be in for long year
Old 09-17-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Lion's fan here! I couldn't believe Childress tried to pass the ball that much. We are terrible stopping the run. Childress's game plan stunk if you ask me, Detroit was blitzing to cover up its defensive weaknesses and Childress did nothing to take advantage of it, instead he tried to pass against the blitz and Jackson looked terrible because Childress left him out on an island. I don't think I've seen a worse gameplan.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
amesbear
Rookie

amesbear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree. We didn't run as much as I thought we would. I know we lost Taylor and Richardson but come on! Jackson needs to have a run game to fall back on before he can feel comfortable passing. I thought AD looked strong on a few runs and was hoping to see him get about 10 more carries.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:33 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Last year we had 26 and 30 points against them in our two meetings we have a better offense this year so 30 certanily isn't out of the question but i based that prediction on the fact i think our defense will create a good amount of turnovers giving us a short field for our offense, or scoring themselves. Add that to the fact i think AD will have a monster game and i have 30 point prediction.
I'm not sure the offense is better to be honest. AD is an upgrade. TJ is a downgrade. RT and RG are the same guys and they haven't improved at all. WR we at best break even at this point. Taylor was better than Wade is, the rest are just the same guys(type not actual players).

As for the game... The mentioned that Childress started to call some plays in the 2nd quarter, about when it all fell to pieces. He needs to go.

McCauley looks like a stud. Griffin also played fairly well and the safeties did something. Our problem is if we cant run then we cant win.

That said... Richardson is a massive out. He not only can receive but is probably our best pass blocker also. That makes a huge difference to how much time TJ has. If anything ATL has better ends than Detroit, yet this week they were living in the backfield and last week TJ had plenty of time.

AD is going to be great. You can tell, just wait until he actually has players on the right side that are interested in blocking instead of making AD make ridiculous moves in the backfield just to get back to the LOS...

Defensively... KWill was ridiculous. Pat was good. Udeze made one good play then disappeared. Edwards was absent and then made one good play. EJ Henderson was everywhere. He played great. Greenway was solid. Leber did absolutely nothing. He doesn't blitz, he doesn't cover. You genuinely have to look for him to see him on the field. Thomas surely can't be worse and at least has some playmaker in him. Sharper made the picks but got beaten on basically every other play. Smith had one pick and then the same as Sharper. How soft do we want to play elite WRs? I mean why not just jump offside until they get in the redzone so we can actually get in a wide outs face...

Frustrating game. I thought Detroit looked excellent throwing it, except for when O'Sullivan got excited and tried to throw deep(hasnt got a big arm). Kitna tore us to pieces.

Jackson is a big question, I'm surprised we went to Bollinger, I think he is sleeping with Childress. Jackson panicked this week, last week was calm. He ran when he shouldn't have, threw deep when he shouldn't have, a couple of the picks were bad decisions, which you can put down to pressure and inexperience, but a couple were just awful throws. He needs to scramble more, he looks good carrying the ball, needs to make teams plan for it so he can get more time to throw. I think we need to run a lot more boots with him to get him outside the half pocket, preferably to the left side so he doesn't have to deal with Cook and Hicks men coming in untouched.

Once again, frustrating game, but there were some good signs.

If we don't draft DE and RT on day 1 next year, Childress head should roll though.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote