Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-11-2006, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree Staubach. Show some flexibilty. You can even use Hatcher at RE inplace of Canty since he shows more explosive pass rush ability. I just want to see some serious pressure and confusion on the other side.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
I don't think it was a question of Austin being shown up. I think it was more Bill playing Rector giving him more opportunites to prove his abilities. By and large Rector performed well. Hurd was a find, completely unexpected. He even began to show on special teams which Parcells deemed necessary for him to remain on the roster. I believe Austin has ability. If he didn't, he would have been gone, and we would have ourselves an additional roster spot. I think he just needs an opportunity. Maybe this is it.
Hurd wasn't really unexpected. There are plenty of people that saw this type of play coming. When Austin and Hurd were both signed everybody was only talking about Austin though. At that same time I posted something about Hurd and to watch out for him, and only got one response. For some reason people on this board just knew more about Austin.
I believe it was the fact that Austin attended Monmouth in New Jersey. Parcells loves those gritty small school sleeper types. Couple that with the fact that he has good size and speedl. Many people try to target their own "sleeper guy". Austin was that one.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 11-11-2006, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

we've been getting away from giving julius a chance to control the pace of our ball games. I really hope against arizona, we try and get him at least 25 carries and get barber somwhere around 10. I think if we are in the position to give 35 or more carries to jones and barber, we should be able to win the game. I think T.O. should be able to man handle rolle, who doesnt have the speed to keep up with him and we should be able to find mismatches with witten. The only real thing that scares me in this game is that Matt Leinart has looked good when he has both Boldin and Fitz, which he will have for this game. I just hope Henry plays physical enough to disrupt routes and newman doesnt get overpowered by either one of the bigger recievers, which i dont think he will but he is well over due to give up a touch down In regards to what Big Blue said, this really is a game where we need to have 5 or more sacks. We have weapons in Ware and Ellis and if we cant find a way to get atleast 3 sacks between them as well as a few from the line, than i think we have a bigger problem than we thought. REMEMBER, Ware will be matched up on Leinarts good side, since matt is a Lefty so look for Ellis to try and have a feild day attacking from the blind side of this poor O-line.

I usually dont like to make predictions, but i do see us winning this one by more than a little bit. I would view it as a trap game if we had beat Washington but now we have our backs against the wall and the team knows we cant afford to lose more than a game or two the rest of the way out. Im looking for a big win here and hopefully some momentum we can carry over to Indy and show everyone that we are better than we have played so far.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Say hello to Pat Watkins being back in our FS mix with Keith Davis. We cut Coleman after he got arrested for a DUI the other night..... what a bum, bill gave him another chance and he does that ****...
Old 11-11-2006, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
Say hello to Pat Watkins being back in our FS mix with Keith Davis. We cut Coleman after he got arrested for a DUI the other night..... what a bum, bill gave him another chance and he does that ***********...
Him being released now is the best thing for us right now. He was average at best and obviously doesn't care enough about football to not go out and get drunk a couple days before a game.

I hope Watkins worked on judging and breaking up passes while he was benched.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really do not want to see a lot of Watkins these next two games. Two pass heavy teams that could both throw it deep to a plethera of weapons. Doesnt seem like a favorable match up for him, given how his season has turned out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:27 PM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

TheBoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I see what you mean, but Keith Davis is not exactly Champ Bailey out there ethier. If Watkins can go out there against the Cards with a rookie QB, I would like to see what he can do.

But Jesus imagine him against the Colts. Peyton will have a field day.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

We'll just have to take our chances. Maybe he's learned to pick up the ball better in practice.

Albert Camus
Old 11-11-2006, 10:22 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Here's the story on Marcus Coleman. What an idiot!

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstoryn....2a4175fa.html

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...BC61EA85897936
Old 11-11-2006, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

He's got a serious problem. I hope he takes care of it.

Albert Camus
Old 11-11-2006, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

yeah i dont know about this colts game coming up. I would love for us to be the ones who ended their run, but the more and more i think about it i just dont see how we can win with our safety issues. If we we a team who could generate a ton of pressure than i wouldnt be as worried but with Peytons line playing how it is and our pass rush being in the middle of the pack as far as the league goes i dont know what we can do. Maybe put Reeves at FS to primarily play the pass? I mean, Pat and Keith are good in run support but i dont think that will be a problem against the colts. I know reeves is unfamiliar with the position but just to have someone back their for double teams on Wayne would be a huge help if we could make it work. We know its going to be a pass heavy day against our secondary with Glenn, Newman, and Henry covering recievers on a majority of the plays, so we may as well try something.

However, if they go into a 4 reciever set, which is highly likely, we are going to need to place either Watkins or davis back there and bring Reeves up to play a reciever (if we even opt to do something along the lines of my idea) and that makes me scared. Davis hasnt given anything up since he came in but he hasnt had any real threats. No santana moss and T-New pretty much has Steve smiths number, so its hard to judge if hes made any progess in passing situations.

At least we should be able to run all over the colts and that should open up alot of play action...

At this point im stuck at coming up with new ideas, but i would love to hear any crazy ideas that others have on how we could handle this game.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah i dont know about this colts game coming up. I would love for us to be the ones who ended their run, but the more and more i think about it i just dont see how we can win with our safety issues. If we we a team who could generate a ton of pressure than i wouldnt be as worried but with Peytons line playing how it is and our pass rush being in the middle of the pack as far as the league goes i dont know what we can do. Maybe put Reeves at FS to primarily play the pass? I mean, Pat and Keith are good in run support but i dont think that will be a problem against the colts. I know reeves is unfamiliar with the position but just to have someone back their for double teams on Wayne would be a huge help if we could make it work. We know its going to be a pass heavy day against our secondary with Glenn, Newman, and Henry covering recievers on a majority of the plays, so we may as well try something.

However, if they go into a 4 reciever set, which is highly likely, we are going to need to place either Watkins or davis back there and bring Reeves up to play a reciever (if we even opt to do something along the lines of my idea) and that makes me scared. Davis hasnt given anything up since he came in but he hasnt had any real threats. No santana moss and T-New pretty much has Steve smiths number, so its hard to judge if hes made any progess in passing situations.

At least we should be able to run all over the colts and that should open up alot of play action...

At this point im stuck at coming up with new ideas, but i would love to hear any crazy ideas that others have on how we could handle this game.
Keep in mind that in the past, the Colts offensive line has had some problems with 3-4 teams. I think if we try and do some of the same things that the Steelers did in the playoffs last year, we have a chance.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:01 AM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

TheBoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:

Keep in mind that in the past, the Colts offensive line has had some problems with 3-4 teams. I think if we try and do some of the same things that the Steelers did in the playoffs last year, we have a chance.
I hope so, because Zimmer isn't exactly a Blitzing genius.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:

I hope so, because Zimmer isn't exactly a Blitzing genius.
The thing to remember is that nobody is going to shut down the Colts' offense. Our offense is good enough to score on them nearly every posession. We only need to beat their defense one more time than they beat ours.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:16 AM    (permalink
jbsg02
Rookie

jbsg02 is a cocksman.jbsg02 is a cocksman.jbsg02 is a cocksman.

About drafting a NT, I wouldn't spend too high of a pick because if Parcells leaves after this year I'm not so sure we keep the 3-4.
jbsg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
I really do not want to see a lot of Watkins these next two games. Two pass heavy teams that could both throw it deep to a plethera of weapons. Doesnt seem like a favorable match up for him, given how his season has turned out.
But is Keith Davis better? Maybe the fall of Watkins made us forget how bad is Davis in coverage. I really don't thik he's better than Watkins, he's awful in coverage. Keith is a badass, a special team ace, but he's not a FS.
Watkins had two bad games, but if can play as he did in his first games he's way better than Davis. He has to put those two games behind his shoulders and play with more focus.
I really don't believe that Davis gives us any better chance to defend against a pass happy team. All the Watkins' problems are with his mind, Davis simply hasn't the number to be a cover guy..
For example, if you look at the Burress' TD do you think that Davis could've made that play? If he was here, he would got burned. Watkins had the coverage but for some reason didn't make the play on the ball. I'm sure that Davis would've been zero chances to make any play on the ball because he would've been in position..

BTW, to beat the Colts we have to take Manning out of the field. Long drives, ball control and so on. And when he's on the field we got to use our size. They are an undersized team, Merriman abused them last year. We have to play the way the Jaguars did the last two years. Drop 7 in coverage, let Addai beat you (who is good but he's not what James used to be). We'll win if our ends could take advantage of their size and get penetration. I think we'll se a lot of Ratliff and Hatcher in this game..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:41 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona scares me. This looks like trap game to me. I hope I'm wrong.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:19 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona doesn't scare me one bit.

If the Cowboys lose to Arizona then we had no business thinking playoffs. Their O-Line is terrible, they can't run the ball, they have a rookie QB, and the 26th ranked Defense.

Rex Grossman had about as bad a game as is possible to have for a QB and the Bears still won. That's how bad Arizona is.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's only a mine impression, or Bradie James has shown great presence in the passing game? I think that he has relaly upgrade this part of his game, right now he seems to look comfortable in coverage.. He's not fast so he can't match-up with atletic TE, but is playing good in his zone and making some plays.. The one who sucks in coverage is Ayodele, but overall is playing pretty good too..

About our pass rushing, i've noticed that San Diego continues to have sacks even without Castillo, Philipps and Merriman who are their best pass rushers.. So I'n starting think that there's a problem with the scheme not the players..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsg02
About drafting a NT, I wouldn't spend too high of a pick because if Parcells leaves after this year I'm not so sure we keep the 3-4.
Jerry has said that he's keeping the 3-4 even when Parcells is gone.

Albert Camus
Old 11-12-2006, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
It's only a mine impression, or Bradie James has shown great presence in the passing game? I think that he has relaly upgrade this part of his game, right now he seems to look comfortable in coverage.. He's not fast so he can't match-up with atletic TE, but is playing good in his zone and making some plays.. The one who sucks in coverage is Ayodele, but overall is playing pretty good too..

About our pass rushing, i've noticed that San Diego continues to have sacks even without Castillo, Philipps and Merriman who are their best pass rushers.. So I'n starting think that there's a problem with the scheme not the players..
It's really puzzling to me that we don't get more pressure on the quarterback. It seems like our linebackers read and react instead of attack.

Albert Camus
Old 11-12-2006, 12:14 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I can't exactly put my finger on the problem, but it's definitely the scheme. The blitzes all come from the middle, and are never disguised. I am going to pay very close attention this week, but it seems like we almost never stunt on the line either.

Also, some of the criticism of DeMarcus' lack of pass rushing moves is unwarranted and some is warranted. I wish he had a true swim move or a spin move, but if you watch he almost never takes an inside rush. This is by design. DeMarcus very rarely loses containment. He always rushes outside because of this. I wish Akin Ayodele would play a step or two closer to the outside to close the cutback lanes more, but that's another issue.

I'd love to see a 3-4 DC come in here next year with the expectation that when BP retires after the 2007 season that the DC would become the HC.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Quote:

I can't exactly put my finger on the problem, but it's definitely the scheme. The blitzes all come from the middle, and are never disguised. I am going to pay very close attention this week, but it seems like we almost never stunt on the line either.

Also, some of the criticism of DeMarcus' lack of pass rushing moves is unwarranted and some is warranted. I wish he had a true swim move or a spin move, but if you watch he almost never takes an inside rush. This is by design. DeMarcus very rarely loses containment. He always rushes outside because of this. I wish Akin Ayodele would play a step or two closer to the outside to close the cutback lanes more, but that's another issue.

I'd love to see a 3-4 DC come in here next year with the expectation that when BP retires after the 2007 season that the DC would become the HC.
Exactly. I was never really confident that Zimmer was comfortable in this defense. I relied on the fact that Parcells and even Pasqualoni would take more of an active role with the defense.

Albert Camus
Old 11-12-2006, 01:11 PM    (permalink
$KidCowboy$
Rookie

$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit, I've got a bad feeling about this game too. It seems like they've got the weapons. I don't believe that this is a game that we can just go through the motions in.
I hope my feeling is wrong.
We cannot lose games that we're supposed to win anymore. Period.

Thanks Tobzilla
$KidCowboy$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by $KidCowboy$
D-Unit, I've got a bad feeling about this game too. It seems like they've got the weapons. I don't believe that this is a game that we can just go through the motions in.
I hope my feeling is wrong.
We cannot lose games that we're supposed to win anymore. Period.

I just want to see us play a smart efficient game. If we do that, we win. I'm not so much worried about their weapons as I am what we do.

Albert Camus