Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-18-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game will tell us how good we are. We should have a chance against them, but we might not be as good as we thought. Their passing game is almost as bad as ours. Our run defense is good so it should be a pretty good match up. The game will come down to if we can throw the ball, if we can't and Wright turns it over we'll lose. If Wright can be efficient and not lose the ball, we should be able to win. This is a HUGE game for us though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
This game will tell us how good we are. We should have a chance against them, but we might not be as good as we thought. Their passing game is almost as bad as ours. Our run defense is good so it should be a pretty good match up. The game will come down to if we can throw the ball, if we can't and Wright turns it over we'll lose. If Wright can be efficient and not lose the ball, we should be able to win. This is a HUGE game for us though.
So are you expecting a low scoring game?

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really depends on how good either team is. If it's close it will be low scoring, but if UM is overmatched or TAMU is it could get up there.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-18-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas A&M is a pretty good team but I fully expect to beat them, I just feel our team has more talent then them

BTW I don't think anyone has asked this yet, how do you like the new jerseys? Its not anything drastic but I really like them, especially the pants

are they on sale yet?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Texas A&M is a pretty good team but I fully expect to beat them, I just feel our team has more talent then them

BTW I don't think anyone has asked this yet, how do you like the new jerseys? Its not anything drastic but I really like them, especially the pants

are they on sale yet?
the pants are tight, its like a flag on their leg, the numbers seem to cramped, but thats just me
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

They're alright, kinda bright though. I like the old ones a little more. The one 2 jerseys ago were my favorite though.

Maybe it's because we won in those. :/

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-19-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/21809

I can't breathe right now. If we pair Deonte Thompson with Sam Shields...ZOMG!

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to Ryan Hill, he's from my HS so I wanted to know.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Dummy should have just commited here last year. Hopefully if he does come here him and the other WR commits can develop like they are supposed to. Seeing Aldarius Johnson being hyped as the best WR commit since Andre Johnson gets me excited. Marve and even Harris better be ready to compete last year because I really don't want to see Kirby Freeman on the field again and don't want to see these WRs go to waste.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-19-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
What happened to Ryan Hill, he's from my HS so I wanted to know.
He moved to WR (came in as a DB) and saw some PT last year but couldn't catch (lost us a game last year) and he was supposed to be really improved. He scored against OU this year.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-19-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He moved to WR (came in as a DB) and saw some PT last year but couldn't catch (lost us a game last year) and he was supposed to be really improved. He scored against OU this year.
Is he any good over there, cuz he was a baller at Rickards and a true shutdown CB, so why'd they move him?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Lack of depth at WR, there is a reason he was playing last year, and it wasn't because of his skill.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-20-2007, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Dummy should have just commited here last year. Hopefully if he does come here him and the other WR commits can develop like they are supposed to. Seeing Aldarius Johnson being hyped as the best WR commit since Andre Johnson gets me excited. Marve and even Harris better be ready to compete last year because I really don't want to see Kirby Freeman on the field again and don't want to see these WRs go to waste.
we should just rename our team Unniversity of Miami from Northwestern :)

Marve vs Harris Vs Cook (read some good stuff on the kid wonder if he sticks at QB) QB battles will be interesting I think to see.

Sucks we lost Justin Thompson's committment. But, we have a lot of DT's at least.

Hope we can beat down AM could use the publicity.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Hey Guru think we will get Matt Patchan?

He is a legacy and all and pretty much a top 2-3 Offensive tackle this year. Really would be a good get for us.

I know he had us as one of his top prospective teams before:

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/670157.html

But not sure if still going (not a bad read and all).
Kid wants a program to get him into the NFL, who better then us?

Last edited by Finsfan79 : 09-20-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:22 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I'd love for him to come here and from what some guys were saying in the recruiting thread it seems likely he does come here.

We also made the final 5 for 5* LB Arthur Brown. We've already got a bunch of LBs but it's always nice to add another, especially a 5*.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-20-2007, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Yeahthat is great news dude for brown! We need some linebackers and we are a good selling point for them normally.

I would like another big time WR personally, but I think the class is pretty deep (almost all South florida guys now).

If we can get Patchan ad Jones for the online that would be a nice sign. Plus that fox kid isnt too bad, could start looking nice for us. Get a nice oline before James and Cooper (I think gore's cousin comes out next year or the year afterwards I read too?). We could start to shape up fast.

Have you heard anything about Deonte Thompson perhaps transfering?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Only the link that was posted. None of the coaches are allowed to talk about it until he gets a release though.

If we get Thompson WR looks pretty good though. Both of the Booker T guys looked really good against Summerville. Johnson and Thompson would be a sick combo, throw in Hankerson and McKenzie and I think we're pretty good. MNW other WR might come here too. I'm not too worried about WR right now.

Some injury updates, Sharpe will be working in with the CBs against A&M. McCray, Hendricks and Dixon are all back at DT and Sharpton should be getting legit PT now. Glenn Cook is out of a boot now but no word on when he comes back.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-20-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

I cant wait to watch the game tonight. The total was released and I think its around 48 or something. Im expecting this to be a low scoring game.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-20-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

good word on cook and dixon then indeed.

I wonder if we ever see that Feurgansan (sp) kid? That 5 star WR we supposedly got? Never heard much of him lately.

Well Leaf if we can stop their running game it will get interesting, they have a great ground game like us too. That would make it up to the QB's which well doesnt make me feel better. I just think our defense is better then their offense when it is all said and done hopefully a 21-17 win for Da U :)
Old 09-20-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

I made a mistake the total is at 44.5 and Miami is favorite by 2.5

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-20-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Miami is winning this game tonight. The line is down to 1.5.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-20-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
good word on cook and dixon then indeed.

I wonder if we ever see that Feurgansan (sp) kid? That 5 star WR we supposedly got? Never heard much of him lately.

Well Leaf if we can stop their running game it will get interesting, they have a great ground game like us too. That would make it up to the QB's which well doesnt make me feel better. I just think our defense is better then their offense when it is all said and done hopefully a 21-17 win for Da U :)
Hank is playing too well for Kayne to get on the field very much. And with Hill and Jenkins improving, Shields back starting and Leggett as the number one, Kayne will see next to nothing the rest of the year probably.

I hope Cook gets back soon, I'm not too happy with Adkins in the starting lineup, he looks lost out there sometimes, I think he is a classic case of a workout warrior who just doesn't get it on the field. All brawn, no brains.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man this is huge, I agree with all of you. We need this BAD!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Man this is huge, I agree with all of you. We need this BAD!
I just think Miamis defense is going to be like no defense A&M seen all year. Not saying that Miamis defense is great, but look who A&M have played, and struggled in Fresno.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Last edited by RyanLeaf#1 : 09-20-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

what about that JuCo wr from El Co, when we played against him he was a stud with just great speed, is he seeing any playing time on Miami?

edit - his name is Kayne Farquharson

Last edited by Green Bay Scat : 09-20-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote