Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-20-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I read the word Jerrah again... I think my head is going to explode(took me two pages before I worked out who the hell he was referring too)

The ONLY risk in signing Tank Johnson was if Nate Jones got grabbed while on the waiver... Nothing else. Hes basically signed for NFL minimum wage. Jerry pays him based on production. He can be cut at any point.

Now while I think if Jenkins was available for a second rounder we should have bent over backwards...(The risk of his health is worth the reward of his talent). I dont agree with signing the scrub from Arizona based on what... His size?

Same with Tank... The risk of his size is offset by his talent and his piss low wage.

And unlike the rest of you who are willing to take a wait and see aproach. I expect results when his suspension ends. Hopefully when he comes in Ratliff will have picked up the position and not cost us any games due to inexperience at the position and Tank is just coming in with fresh legs. But over the last three-four years we have played well and fallen off late because of injuries and no depth. Ferguson went down and we had no depth. Now if our relative rookie goes down in the same position... We have guaranteed depth at week 9...

All questions of character aside. This signing OWNS!!!

Last edited by shane_man : 09-20-2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: I think I swore... Sorry...
shane_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
If I read the word Jerrah again... I think my head is going to explode(took me two pages before I worked out who the hell he was referring too)

The ONLY risk in signing Tank Johnson was if Nate Jones got grabbed while on the waiver... Nothing else. Hes basically signed for NFL minimum wage. Jerry pays him based on production. He can be cut at any point.

Now while I think if Jenkins was available for a second rounder we should have bent over backwards...(The risk of his health is worth the reward of his talent). I dont agree with signing the scrub from Arizona based on what... His size?

Same with Tank... The risk of his size is offset by his talent and his piss low wage.

And unlike the rest of you who are willing to take a wait and see aproach. I expect results when his suspension ends. Hopefully when he comes in Ratliff will have picked up the position and not cost us any games due to inexperience at the position and Tank is just coming in with fresh legs. But over the last three-four years we have played well and fallen off late because of injuries and no depth. Ferguson went down and we had no depth. Now if our relative rookie goes down in the same position... We have guaranteed depth at week 9...

All questions of character aside. This signing ******* OWNS!!!
Nate Jones cleared waivers, so were good to go.

I don't see this signing as a risk at all. They signed him for dirt cheap and if he pans out, great. If he doesn't, no big loss.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oooooh.... I wanna see how Robert handles that comment from you. He's too used to riding your jock. This is going to be interesting.
I disagree with him.

And when it comes to people riding other's jocks ... oh man you guys are the pot.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Nate Jones cleared waivers, so were good to go.

I don't see this signing as a risk at all. They signed him for dirt cheap and if he pans out, great. If he doesn't, no big loss.
Personally, I want Jerry to trade Tank for Indy Number 1 once they go in the toilet Defensively.

Now that would make Jerrah a genius horse trader (not genius player personnel).
Old 09-20-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
2 Pages? Huh, makes me think some about you.

Quote:
Fair enuff.

Quote:
I don't think Jerrah woudl give up a second for Jenkins or Watson. Watson can play.

Quote:
Same with Tank... The risk of his size is offset by his talent and his piss low wage. And unlike the rest of you who are willing to take a wait and see aproach. I expect results when his suspension ends. Hopefully when he comes in Ratliff will have picked up the position and not cost us any games due to inexperience at the position and Tank is just coming in with fresh legs. But over the last three-four years we have played well and fallen off late because of injuries and no depth.
Injuries, you mean 1 to Ellis??

Quote:
Ferguson went down and we had no depth. Now if our relative rookie goes down in the same position... We have guaranteed depth at week 9... All questions of character aside. This signing OWNS!!!
Yeah, OWNS!!!!!!!! Wooo hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark it down here, we are going 4-3 if Tank sticks.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=D-Unit;625326]You see, when you say you don't agree to half my points and then aren't more specific, then it leaves me wondering what didn't you get?

I know you started changing the subject on BP, but I want to know your take on my responses to Tank, since this is a thread on him.

Just to be brief to your responses on Bill...

- Bill wanted Jason Ferguson, locked him in a room and didn't let him leave w/out signing. That was not a Jerry signing. That was the beginning of letting Bill transform the D into his beloved 3-4.

- If Jerry wanted to move back to the 4-3, he wouldn't have hired Phillips. I completely disagree with you that he wants to move back to the 4-3 sooner rather than later.

-OT: Julius Jones was a BP selection through and through. I really don't understand how you think Bill's hands are completely washed clean of anything before '05. He started molding this team from the beginning. It started off a slow process, but Bill had a lot more say than you try to lead on. If Bill liked big backs as you claim, then we would've taken Jackson. Your assumption on him is incorrect. Because if we wouldn't have traded out of that pick, the selection would've been Kevin Jones. Also, do the names David Meggett and Curtis Martin ring a bell? Both Parcells RBs. Julius was all BP. BP told JJ that if he had the chance that he would select him (when JJ came in for a private workout prior to the draft).

- OTII: Let me try to be clear. BP got praise for JJ's early success because it was his decision to draft him, and everyone in the media knew it. That's the connection.

I argued this with him for awhile, even provided links to prove it. The problem is that he says the Dallas media was slanted and anti Parcells. That is unless he found an article that backs his needs then what they had to say was gold. I'm just glad that I'm a fan that can see the good and can root for my team to win even if they arent "perfect". Robert has not said one good thing even though we are 2-0. I suppose if we go 11-5 or 12-4 he will still be on here ranting on Roy Sucks and Jerry Sucks and nothing makes since and he could do it better. thats just the kind of guy he is. Its pretty sad if you ask me but he has the right to be a bitter fan if he wants. I'm sure he can hardly wait till we lose so he can come back on here and tell us all what we didnt do or how we could have done it better ect...
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert is funny...its either his opinion or its wrong...if we dont sign who we think he should, or go the way he thinks we should its obviously the wrong way...he knows how to run a team, and the cowboys better then Jerry, Wade, anyone in the scouting dept. or any of the assistant coaches...there are no opinions with him, he gives his POV and if everyone doesnt see it the same way they are obviously wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:31 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd
2 Pages? Huh, makes me think some about you.
Its not my fault you use complicated code to refer to JERRY JONES.

Quote:
I don't think Jerrah woudl give up a second for Jenkins or Watson. Watson can play.
You know why Jones is gunshy about trading draft picks for players... Joey Galloway still hurts.

Quote:
Injuries, you mean 1 to Ellis??
Woodson's retirement, Dat's injury, Henry going down for a few weeks in his debut season, That first year after Parcell's 10-6 when we spent half the season with Jones, Reeves and the dude we just shipped over to I think NO playing Corner... We have never been very deep on Defence and it always kills us(we arent very deep on O either... but thats another story)

Quote:
Yeah, OWNS!!!!!!!! Wooo hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark it down here, we are going 4-3 if Tank sticks.
We brought in a 3-4 coach... Why would we do that if we werent committed to the 3-4 succeeding? Regardless of a free agency aquisition that doesnt even begin to effect the bottomline?
shane_man is offline   Reply With Quote