Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-07-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Damn straight, Atticus Finch is a bonafide gangsta.

Where did our book discussion go?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
isnt 1776 also ridiculously long?
its pretty long yes but not ridiculous.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

never like electric kool-aid acid test

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Grisham - A Painted House
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
I read 3 books this year. One includes Animal Farm. What is it about? Other than the obvious title...
its about the russian revolution and the coruptivness of power and greed

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone here ever read anything by Christopher Moore? The guy writes a lot of humorous books dealing with the supernatural. My brother is reading one of his books, cant remember the title, about a guy who has been chosen to be the next Death and how it's affecting his love life
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never read the Golden Compass and the subsequent two books that follow. They suck, fyi.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
also, the fact that dan brown was even mentioned in a good books thread is seriously depressing and a sad statement on the imagination/literacy of people. dan brown is a terrible author and absolutely nothing he's ever written in his life could even remotely be called "mediocre".
I second that opinion. He dumbs down his books by making three page chapters where he decides to switch narration and cliff hang the audience every 3 pages.

I finished reading the unabridged version of The Count of Monte Cristo this summer. It was actually pretty good... Also, 1300 pages. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 09-21-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best book I've read in a while. Touching, funny, and wholly believable. Highly highly recommended.

Not many books make laugh out loud. This book made me do it almost every chapter.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im starting Kite Runner for school, then my class is going to see the movie.

I haven't read it yet (I don't know why, it's been a bestseller for months) but the first two chapters were good.

After that, I plan to read Anthony Kiedis's autobiography.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im starting Kite Runner for school, then my class is going to see the movie.

I haven't read it yet (I don't know why, it's been a bestseller for months) but the first two chapters were good.

After that, I plan to read Anthony Kiedis's autobiography.
Scar Tissue? I've seen that at the store a few times and have been tempted to buy it. I am a huge RHCP fan and I am sure there are some stories to be told about that band, between Hillel dying and the riff between Fru and Anthony.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Scar Tissue? I've seen that at the store a few times and have been tempted to buy it. I am a huge RHCP fan and I am sure there are some stories to be told about that band, between Hillel dying and the riff between Fru and Anthony.
Yeah Scar Tissue.

You and me both know that there should be a Bradley Nowell bio out in stores CCB.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah Scar Tissue.

You and me both know that there should be a Bradley Nowell bio out in stores CCB.
Of course, I mean Kurt Cobain has like 30 of them. I have the sublime behind the music dl-ed on my computer, that may be the closest thing to a Nowell biography. Even though its not a book.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Of course, I mean Kurt Cobain has like 30 of them. I have the sublime behind the music dl-ed on my computer, that may be the closest thing to a Nowell biography. Even though its not a book.
i haven't been able to buy any of the DVDs.

Being original Sublime fans in a digital age is tough seeing freshman in my HS wearing 40 oz to freedom shirts and not knowing who the **** Sublime is. Ive been listening to them since the 3rd grade.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:11 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just got meat market, by espn writer bruce feldman, its about being in the war room during recruiting for college football, i think most people on the board would enjoy it. Im only 30 or so pages in and his writing style is easy and flows real well, he also wrote cane mutiny about UMiami football which i also recommend

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
I just got meat market, by espn writer bruce feldman, its about being in the war room during recruiting for college football, i think most people on the board would enjoy it. Im only 30 or so pages in and his writing style is easy and flows real well, he also wrote cane mutiny about UMiami football which i also recommend
I saw that at Borders yesterday and flipped through a couple of pages. If it were about a program bigger than Ole Miss I might be more interested.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:30 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I saw that at Borders yesterday and flipped through a couple of pages. If it were about a program bigger than Ole Miss I might be more interested.
Thats what i thought but with Ed Orgeron as there coach, they are beginning to bring in better recruits. Also it talks about some of the problems Ole Miss has being the bottom feeder. Dont forget Orgeron was recruiting coordinator for USC and D Line coach for UMiami so there are a lot of good stories about recruiting Dan Cody, Mike Patterson, Reggie Bush, Mike Williams, Matt Leinart etc. For example when at UMiami he challenged Warren Sapp to a fight, and i thnk he left UMiami bc he got arrested in a bar fight. But overall Orgeron's character and the struggles of a lower level SEC school are what make the book so far.

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got Meat Market, and I could not recommend it anymore. Just an easy to read and enjoyable writing style, and just so interesting. If you're even just a bit interested into recruiting, I suggest you pick it up. I also picked up, The Draft: A Year Inside the NFL's Search for Talent. It also comes with a high recommendation from me.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is The Draft written by a player, GM/Coach, or outsider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Is The Draft written by a player, GM/Coach, or outsider?
An outsider, Pete Williams.

http://www.petewilliams.net/

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

I just finished Sphere by Michael Crichton.

If anyone hasn't read some of his work, I encourage that you do. Except you shouldn't read "Next". That one sucked.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-10-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. On The Road. The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Hell's Angels. The Curse of Lono. Kingdom of Fear. The Rum Diaries. Those are some some suggestions. The last five are written by Hunter S Thompson. (my personal favorite author). Cuckoo's Nest the book is one of the best books I've ever read. It goes so much deeper than the movie. On The Road is just a classic. The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test is a good book if you like Cuckoo's Nest because it goes into the man behind Cuckoo's nest.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...

Last edited by Hurricane Ditka : 10-10-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I am currently reading:

It is a bit desperate Housewiveish but it keeps me coming back for more. Its by the same guy who wrote "Election" (which was made into a movie starring Matthew Broderick)
Old 10-10-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. On The Road. The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Hell's Angels. The Curse of Lono. Kingdom of Fear. The Rum Diaries.
Ah another big HST fan, You should check out:

All stories about Hunter told by Ralph Steadman ( Illustrator of Fear and Loathing and long time friend of Hunter.)
Old 10-10-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post

Not many books make laugh out loud. This book made me do it almost every chapter.
love that book

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote