Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 09-19-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFC South Week 3 Discussion

New Orleans vs Tennessee
Carolina @ Atlanta
Tampa Bay vs St Louis

I think Tennessee will beat New Orleans, they have a solid defensive unit and a dominant O-Line with Vince as the X-Factor on offense.

I would do anything if Atlanta could beat Carolina. Unfortunately I am not betting on it.

Tampa Bay will be playing in wet and rainy conditions supposedly and that will bog down the Rams' offense.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Vince Young can run. We can't stop the run.

Titans win.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
New Orleans vs Tennessee
Carolina @ Atlanta
Tampa Bay vs St Louis

I think Tennessee will beat New Orleans, they have a solid defensive unit and a dominant O-Line with Vince as the X-Factor on offense.

I would do anything if Atlanta could beat Carolina. Unfortunately I am not betting on it.

Tampa Bay will be playing in wet and rainy conditions supposedly and that will bog down the Rams' offense.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons won. That is how confident in John Fox I am. Has nothing to do with the team and players.

John Fox continually makes excuses for players who have shown they don't make the plays necessary to be starters.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually expect the Saints to win this game. The Titans are far from one of the best teams in the NFL and if the Saints can get moving I could easily see them coming out on top.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Titans' chances against the Saints. We all know their offense is potent and can score, despite not displaying it so far this season. Though, they need to work on the running game, which is what keeps their offense running. They've only averaged 102.5 combined rush yards per game so far this year. Meanwhile, the Titans have faced the Colts's Joseph Addai and the Jag's two-headed monster and are only giving up an average of 78 combined rushing yards per game. Thats extremely impressive. The Saints still have a better offense, but they've extremely underachieved. This game really depends on which offense shows up. In my opinion, the Saints offense needs to be going full force to stay competitive. The Titans showed they can keep a great offense from going off in their game against the Colts, and will keep it close throughout the game by controlling the clock. If the Saints offense is bad, the Titans defense has playmakers on it who can capitolize and the Titans offense can put up enough points to win.

Then when you look at the other side of the ball, the Saints defense allowed 72 points over two games, 31 of which to the Bucs who I don't consider to be a great unit offensively. The Titans have averaged over 200 rushing yards per game this season, and the Saints have given up an average of 125.5 per game. I don't think the Saints will be able to stop our running attack. The Titans defense is very underrated, and is led by Albert Haynesworth who missed much of last season due to his suspension which caused our defense to be so horrid. Its a different unit when he's clogging the middle. If the Colts and Bucs can hold the Saints to an averaged 12 points, the Titans certainly have that ability.

In my opinion, the Titans are the better team this year. They have the better defense, and a great offensive line and rushing attack. Meanwhile all the Saints have is the potential to have a good offense. One has to worry how Drew Brees's shoulder is doing now, and if Sean Payton was a bit overrated in what he did with the team last year.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

zCaddyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i fell at least one nfc south will win lol
Old 09-20-2007, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zCaddyz View Post
i fell at least one nfc south will win lol
Does that annoy anyone else? Or is it just me?

Old 09-20-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of my thoughts from this week's match-ups.

Carolina @ Atlanta - The Panthers are definitely beatable but I'm not holding out too much on Atlanta getting their first win this season. Being at Home should help them keep the score close, but I just see Peppers, Jenkins.. and co. forcing too much pressure on Harrington for him not to make any mistakes. On a side note for Falcons what do you think is the timetable for getting Leftwich caught up to speed, and on the field?

St.Louis @ Tampa Bay - Honestly when all is said and done the Bucs might just be the best team in the South this season. (which still isn't saying too much) Jeff Garcia is the perfect QB to run Gruden's Offense, he's exactly the veteran presence they've missed at that position the past few years, and their Defense seems re-energized. The Rams are a team that seem like they're having similar problems to what the Saints are currently going through but their struggles have been less publicized. Both teams were expected to have explosive, league leading Offensive units but have struggled big time. Jackson hasn't been able to get going yet, and Bulger has been forced to drop back and pass for 40 times a game being behind and he's getting rattled.

Tennessee @ New Orleans - I can't really say much here...the Saints are going to be that team from the first Two weeks of the season until they prove otherwise. This is the final call, if this team can't put it together at Home, on Monday Night behind the Super Dome crowd, and in a desperate situation with the risk of falling to 0-3, I don't know if they'll ever get it together this season..
Old 09-20-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
On a side note for Falcons what do you think is the timetable for getting Leftwich caught up to speed, and on the field?
He'll be the starter after the bye week at the latest. I wouldn't be surprised to see him before that though. I think the next two games will be Harrington's last chance.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are gonna give it to the Panthers. They aint gonna know what hit em.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like our chances against the Rams at home again. Their offensive is explosive and it will be a true test for Tanard Jackson. Both teams have fairly weak secondaries so I envision a shootout-style matchup with plenty of deep throws. This could be Gaines' opportunity to shine with Pace out, and pressure will be the key in deciding who scores less points.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

i ment feel......damn these fat fingers
Old 09-21-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron
Tennessee @ New Orleans - I can't really say much here...the Saints are going to be that team from the first Two weeks of the season until they prove otherwise. This is the final call, if this team can't put it together at Home, on Monday Night behind the Super Dome crowd, and in a desperate situation with the risk of falling to 0-3, I don't know if they'll ever get it together this season..
This game will either make the Titans' season, or break the Saints'... I think its a must win for both teams, but more-so for the Saints.

If the Saints lose, the automatically great season that was thought to be is lost. Their bye week is after the Titans game, but their next 6 games include Carolina, at Seattle, Atlanta, at San Fran, Jacksonville, and St. Louis. If they don't get things together and continue to play at the same level that caused them to go 0-3, they could very well lose those some of those games against teams they're better against. If they win, though, I think its just saving face. You win on national television against a team that most people think you should beat. But, hopefully, that would give them momentum in the break. The only advantage the Saints have is that in the NFC, a recored of 8-8 can get you into the Playoffs.

If the Titans lose, they go 1-2, which is a bad record to have at the beginning of the year in the AFC if you want to make the Playoffs. Though, the Titans did go 0-5 and were in contention to make the Wild Card spot, so I don't think they'd be distraught if things turned out that way. Even so, this is the first primetime game the Titans have played in 2 seasons and Vince Young shines in the lights. I think they'll be motivated to show the nation that they're a good team and can defeat one of the NFL's best teams. Plus, if they win, they'll be 2-1 and going into their bye week like the Saints. And their next 6 games will be Atlanta, at Tampa Bay, at Houston, Oakland, Carolina, and Jacksonville, all of which they have a good chance to win. They could go 4-2 in that stretch, and boast a record of 6-3, with another primetime game against Denver next.

This is definitely a big game for both teams. I'm very excited!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predict Gaines will get a sack, and the Bucs win.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:10 AM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

i think gaines will get two sacks and a int mark it down ppls
Old 09-21-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I think he'll throw for a touchdown.. Oh wait, we're being serious.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I think he'll throw for a touchdown.. Oh wait, we're being serious.
Sometimes I question how serious zCaddyz is...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Falcons will be 2-2 after the Houston game. These next 2 weeks will be Deangelo Hall's coming out party. He's going to punch his ticket to Hawaii in these next two games shutting out 2 of the top 5 WRs in the NFL. He won't give up a Touchdown in either game. Falcons offense will finally get off their pathetic 10 points in 2 games. The Falcons will only put up 17 points this week against Carolina but Carolina will not visit the endzone they will however kick 4 FGs. 17-12 Falcons win, and protect the dome.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

You're putting yourself out on a limp there and I wish I was as confident as you were. Here's hoping your right.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Falcons will be 2-2 after the Houston game. These next 2 weeks will be Deangelo Hall's coming out party. He's going to punch his ticket to Hawaii in these next two games shutting out 2 of the top 5 WRs in the NFL. He won't give up a Touchdown in either game. Falcons offense will finally get off their pathetic 10 points in 2 games. The Falcons will only put up 17 points this week against Carolina but Carolina will not visit the endzone they will however kick 4 FGs. 17-12 Falcons win, and protect the dome.
Just slightly optimistic in my opinion. Maybe the signing of Byron Leftwich will spark Joey Harrington to perform. It wouldn't be the first time a player has improved drastically when placed under exceeding pressure.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
You're putting yourself out on a limp there and I wish I was as confident as you were. Here's hoping your right.

Yes. I don't see it. I could see the whole DeAngelo part. But I'd be shocked if we won both of our next games.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Yes. I don't see it. I could see the whole DeAngelo part. But I'd be shocked if we won both of our next games.
That's called being realistic. Congratulations on being part of the phenomenon. One of your counterparts needs to join you on the bandwagon real quick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Our team isn't all that far from being 2-0...so...I'm just thinking at home we'll defend the dome. Couple bounces go our way and we're 2-0...so I figure we'll pull out a couple...our defense makes us competitive.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Our team isn't all that far from being 2-0...
But... you're still 0-2.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:49 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
But... you're still 0-2.
Oh, I'm well aware that we're still 0-2 but just not THAT far from 2-0...which is prolly the same for most teams in the league. I'm just saying people act like we're the worst football team in the league...well...we're not. Things haven't gone our way, but they will...I expect them to start these next 2 weeks.