Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2006, 02:20 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9785655

Ha, Vic Carucci has Kampman listed as the leagues Def MVP! Personally, I would think Peppers, but it's cool to see Kampman getting some props.

Quote:
Defensive MVP: Aaron Kampman, end, Green Bay. On pace to finish the season with nearly 20 sacks, he is the lone bright spot of the Packers defense. Honorable mention: Julius Peppers, end, Carolina; Julian Peterson, linebacker, Seattle; Rashean Mathis, cornerback, Jacksonville.
HA! Lone bright spot. :roll: That whole defense is a bright spot.
Just what I was about to say, that pretty much throws his credibility out the window as far as picking him then saying "lone bright spot", it's clear that he's just looking at stats.
So allowing 25 points per game isn't bad?
I wouldn't say our whole defense is a bright spot. Some players have been very dissapointing and some have been pretty good.

All the linebackers and DT's have played pretty well.

Kampman's been great.

KGB has been dissapointing.

Al Harris and Marquand Maunual have been awful this year IMO, they have had way too many blown coverages between them.

Woodson has been great.

Collins has been OK.
yea, I would agree. It's mostly been our secondary that has been bad this year. Woodson has had a few really good games after a poor start, but he's been the lone bright spot in our secondary. Our defensive line is very underrated and I'm not worried about our linebackers as they're all very young and talented and will only get better with experience.

As far as the draft next year I'd like to see RB or S addressed in the first round. LaRon Landry would be a great addition and hopefully get the secondary on track, if not him Marshawn Lynch would be the perfect RB for our offense.
Is Landry a FS or SS?
Old 11-12-2006, 04:41 AM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he is a FS
Old 11-12-2006, 11:02 AM    (permalink

Leaving for The Hump in a few minutes. I'm so phyched. My first Packer game :D . I have the chills. ooohhhhhh ya. I'll give you guys a review of the game after I get back.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

If Harris gets traded we can move Collins to CB

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would we do that?
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we're looking pretty good. great hit by Popinga

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Would we do that?
Yeah that wouldnt make sense. I wouldn' want Collins in one on one coverage
Old 11-12-2006, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We haven't blitzed enough.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:13 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great game. i loved the Jennings pitch.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:58 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!! I saw Favre rape the queens in person.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:01 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
great game. i loved the Jennings pitch.
IN watching him do you not at all see one bit of rookie. I swear that guy must have hid last year while he was at training camp because he looks so much like a veteren. And to say he's been playing though an injury shows you his toughness, I think the day Driver retires he'll step in and non of us will even see a diference, he should just change to 80 once driver retires
Old 11-12-2006, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

A.J. Hawk was all over the place. Game ball to him, game ball to Brett Favre and game ball to Donald Driver. Everybody always talks about the Pack in the Hump Dome and how Favre performs there, but Driver always brings it in the Dome.

Bosanac01
Old 11-12-2006, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

A.J. Hawk unofficial numbers as of now via espn: was in on 13 tackles and was part of two sacks, they're crediting him with 1.5 sacks, and a forced fumble.

Bosanac01
Old 11-12-2006, 06:04 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
A.J. Hawk was all over the place. Game ball to him, game ball to Brett Favre and game ball to Donald Driver. Everybody always talks about the Pack in the Hump Dome and how Favre performs there, but Driver always brings it in the Dome.
he shows the intensity I hoped he would, him taking on two blockers to create a sack, wow that was an awsome play, I was jumping around all excited after that one
Old 11-12-2006, 06:32 PM    (permalink
rainman
Veteran

rainman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

AJ Hawk is an animal I love the way he plays.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:36 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

great game for the rookies. anyone hear anything on Tauscher?

Old 11-12-2006, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay is getting back into the thick of things! #2 in NFC North

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:49 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
what? if anything i say we dump manuel and bring in landry or zbikowski. i believe zbikowski can be used as a polomalu type safety so that wouldnt be bad to have

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:54 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit
Quote:
what? if anything i say we dump manuel and bring in landry or zbikowski. i believe zbikowski can be used as a polomalu type safety so that wouldnt be bad to have
zbikowski is trash in coverage
Old 11-12-2006, 06:54 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit
Quote:
zbikowski is trash in coverage
manuel isnt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:57 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

minus the blow coverages and I think Manuel has played solid for us, just those souple plays, BTW did anyone notice how the vicks went deep on Dendy 3 times. The first two were for completions but the third was a pick, that was good to seem him stay with it and improve within the game, total oposite of Ahmad Carrol, you see one blown coverage, expect to see many more
Old 11-12-2006, 07:35 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
minus the blow coverages and I think Manuel has played solid for us, just those souple plays, BTW did anyone notice how the vicks went deep on Dendy 3 times. The first two were for completions but the third was a pick, that was good to seem him stay with it and improve within the game, total oposite of Ahmad Carrol, you see one blown coverage, expect to see many more
I agree with you, Dendy did improve throughout the game but it was more miscommunication between johnson and johnson because that ball was thrown right to dendy. That poppinga hit and forced fumble made my day
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:00 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
BTW according to the two fatties on the queens D line the packers are "cowards"

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=529353
pussies
Old 11-12-2006, 08:02 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Brett Favre offer a clue about next year?

When leaving the field after the Vikings game Brett talked to 'Ragnar', the Vikings mascot and had this to say in a story by Dave Campbell of the Associated Press.

Here is a quote attached to a picture in that article;

QUOTE: Packers quarterback Brett Favre bids farewell to "Ragnar," the Vikings mascot portrayed by Joe Juranitch, after Green Bay defeated Minnesota 23-17 Sunday in the Metrodome. Juranitch said that Favre told him in case he didn't make the next trip to Minneapolis, "he wanted to let me know that it's been fun."

Old 11-12-2006, 08:02 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

I almost flipped a nut when rayner made that doinker from 20 yards away