Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 11-09-2006, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Buffalo Bills Discussion

Well, I guess I will start this. We have Indy this weekend, and I am expecting a loss, but maybe they will be ripe for an upset after a huge win last week vs. the Pats. DISCUSS THE BILLS!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, we are already down by 30 to the Packers :(
Old 11-09-2006, 02:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have 2 posts and a win than 30 and the loss
zing! (not really)
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are some players you would like to see the bills go after in FA? For me they are

-Eric Steinbach OG
-Asante Samuel CB
-Cato June LB

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083
Who are some players you would like to see the bills go after in FA? For me they are

-Eric Steinbach OG
-Asante Samuel CB
-Cato June LB
He would be great, but I would rather get Nate than Samuel if they are even close financial wise. As far as June, why? He would cost a ton of money ans TKO and Crowell are great. We should spend our money on Fletch who has been amazing again.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking that the Bills wouldn't resign Clements. I want to keep Fletcher here. I just don't think the Bills will resign him.

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 11-09-2006, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083
I was thinking that the Bills wouldn't resign Clements. I want to keep Fletcher here. I just don't think the Bills will resign him.
June plays OLB anyway right? As far as Nate, the Bills probably wont resign him, but then again Samuel will cost similar money. So, I prefer Nate, even if he costs more.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

June does play OLB, but Angelo Crowell was drafted as a MLB I believe. Then our LBs would be

OLB: TKO
MLB: Crowell
OLB: June

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-12-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, at least we gave them a fight and were first on the board today. Pretty solid game for our secondary, Clements probably had one of his best coverage days today. Peters didn't give up a sack I don't think, but that was only because he was taking Freeney way deep and Losman wasn't dropping back very far. We only passed the ball 13 times today, once again we totally sold out to the run, which isn't bad for Losman's future, but he needs to throw more and learn how to throw some tougher throws.

I really hope that we pick up a receiver, olineman and a front 7 defensive player in the first three rounds of the draft after today. I really think that we should let Ellison get on the field a little more on defense. Spikes hasn't looked good at all to me other than his first play of the season.

Anthony Thomas wasn't bad today, he was just inconsistent, he did exactly what McGahee would have done. Typical Bills sub 4.0 ypc running. A bunch of 1-3 yard runs in a row then a 10 yarder then more 1-3 yard runs for a bit. At least he got a 100 yard game for us.

Gandy and Villariall looked really bad today against a small defensive line. Pennington wasn't bad for a rookie, hopefully he gets better though. Fowler was in my opinion our best player on the line for us today. We really need to get rid of Villariall in the off season if he doesn't retire. Injury prone and inconsistent in the running game.

The front 7 was again, pretty darn bad and that gave the game away today allowing over 5 yards per carry. We need a defensive tackle who can put pressure on the running game, not the passing game. Our linebackers aren't good enough right now. Even though he is about 20 pounds to heavy for our scheme and we would lose something for it, I think that we should trade up for Alan branch in the draft this year. Fletcher is the best linebacker in the league though and Crowell needs to help more against the run inside 5 yards from the LOS not 5 yards past it. Spikes doesn't look great to me.

Last thought, Roscoe Parrish should be on the field more than Price is and we need to take some more deep chances, I don't think we did any go routes today, our longest passes were deep comebacks and ins.

Thats about it for my thoughts on the game today.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on the points about Spikes and Parrish
Our CBs looked pretty good today though, at least there's that. I can only hope that someday we'll be able to stop the late run game
Old 11-12-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Peters didnt give up a sack today. The only sack by Freeney was when Royal stayed in and blocked and was beat around the end.

And Villarial was replaced today in mid-game for Preston...
I see a OG in our future this draft!!
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:00 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoyer421
Peters didnt give up a sack today. The only sack by Freeney was when Royal stayed in and blocked and was beat around the end.

Blalock maybe?
Old 11-12-2006, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoyer421

Good, I didn't notice the Villariall change, probably because I missed 10 minutes of the game between the 3rd and 4th quarter or something. Preston isn't horrible, but he is defenitely a backup or a Cardinal. I hope that we are in a spot where taking Justin Blalock wouldn't be a reach at all. He might end up a second rounder depending on his injury though. I haven't read into it at all. Josh Beekman would be good in the second though.

I really would like our draft to be something like this:

1. Alan Branch DT Michigan
2. Josh Beekman OG Boston College
3. Rhema McKnight WR Notre Dame
4. Anthony Waters ILB Clemson
5. David Irons CB Auburn
6. Tyler Ecker TE Michigan
7. Courtney Lewis RB Texas A&M

The last one is just because he is one of my favorite player :mrgreen: I don't know where Irons is right now, I have seen him going anywhere from undrafted to a first rounder. Anthony Waters is injured for the year and I don't know if he can go to the combine healthy, but before the year he was considered a first day lock almost and his injury shouldn't push him further than the early second day. Its only one mans dream though :D
Old 11-12-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

A pleasing mock. I don't love McKnight but I agree with the position choice and the selection works
Tyler Ecker :evil:
Old 11-12-2006, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Ugh... I hate that we only lost by one, if we had of lost by 30 to a 9-0 team I wouldn't have this taste in my mouth, it is the fact that we almost had a huge upset like the Dolphins did last week and with a lot less press hyping the game up as a potential upset game. 1 POINT!!! If only we had of taken a couple chances down field on third and longs instead of running draws that gained like 4-6 yards and forced us to punt or kick.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
Ugh... I hate that we only lost by one, if we had of lost by 30 to a 9-0 team I wouldn't have this taste in my mouth, it is the fact that we almost had a huge upset like the Dolphins did last week and with a lot less press hyping the game up as a potential upset game. 1 POINT!!! If only we had of taken a couple chances down field on third and longs instead of running draws that gained like 4-6 yards and forced us to punt or kick.
that seems to be the general feeling amongst the fans today

dammit
Old 11-12-2006, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Who do you think we will have starting on the line next year that we do now? I am going to say that Peters and Fowler are locks, but are we going to have 2 new guards next year? Will Pennington be a starter next year or will he be a backup again? I hate asking this every year about the Bills...
Old 11-12-2006, 05:39 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Who do you think we will have starting on the line next year that we do now? I am going to say that Peters and Fowler are locks, but are we going to have 2 new guards next year? Will Pennington be a starter next year or will he be a backup again? I hate asking this every year about the Bills...
Just go find 4 really big TEs and stick em where they need to be

But really, I'd like Peters (obviosuly) and Fowler. Gandy I don't hate as a guard but who knows, I'd rather replace the RG first (Preston hasnt showed me anything of starting quality, Villarrial disappoints). Pennington has only played two games so far, so who knows there. He hasnt looked too good, but I dont know how mcuh we're expecting of him right now. We want to see strides in Butler to see how he'll figure in, but we'll have to definitely bring in somebody (RG is the way to go imo)
Old 11-12-2006, 06:33 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
Just go find 4 really big TEs and stick em where they need to be

But really, I'd like Peters (obviosuly) and Fowler. Gandy I don't hate as a guard but who knows, I'd rather replace the RG first (Preston hasnt showed me anything of starting quality, Villarrial disappoints). Pennington has only played two games so far, so who knows there. He hasnt looked too good, but I dont know how mcuh we're expecting of him right now. We want to see strides in Butler to see how he'll figure in, but we'll have to definitely bring in somebody (RG is the way to go imo)
Joe Staley.. he is a second round (later) pick. And started his college career as a TE. He would be a wonderful pick at RT, or even moving him in at LG
Old 11-12-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Are you the poster formerly known as Lee Evans?
Old 11-12-2006, 06:45 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Are you the poster formerly known as Lee Evans?
HaHa.. yup. They told me that I couldnt have a name that resembled a players and made me change it. I told them, on the Bills message board I have been Lee_Evans since his draft day and thats what most people know me by.. but they didnt care.

Oh Well!
Old 11-12-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Damn, I was looking at all the picks directly after or directly before our first round picks in the last 6 drafts, excluding last year and 2005 where we didn't have a first rounder, here is what it looks like.

25. Chris Hovan
26. Erik Flowers
27. Anthony Becht

I am pretty sure that I would rather have picked Chris Hovan, damn the Vikings to hell!!!

20. Adam Archuleta
21. Nate Clements
22. Will Allen

I like who we got there, unfotunately he hasn't been good at all in the last 10 games he has played in, well, today was pretty good actually.

3. Joey Harrington
4. Mike Williams
5. Quentin Jammer

Well, all of them are pretty, well, really bad, but Jammer is probably the best player now.

22. Rex Grossman
23. Willis McGahee
24. Dallas Clark

No complaints here at all, easy the biggest steal of round one. Well, maybe Larry Johnson is just as good...

12. Jonathan Vilma
13. Lee Evans
14. Tommie Harris

I love Lee Evans and all, but I would rather have Tommie Harris, not back then when we weren't running this defense, but if we had this staff back then I think that we would have gone with Harris probably, even though we had Williams and Adams, who obviously don't fit the scheme we run now.

21. Vince Wilfork
22. J.P. Losman
23. Marcus Tubbs

I don't really mind this pick at all, but if we were using the scheme that we were at the time, I would rather have Wilfork, but this kind of doesn't matter because of the above part about Harris.

Oh well, not that bad other than the Flowers and Willaims picks... those were really bad picks... Flowers was with the team for what? 1 season? Mike Williams was a huge disapointment, I don't want Blalock because he is a Longhorn :|
Old 11-12-2006, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From a Colts fan, you guys played an amazing game today. As much as I feel that it was the Colts who didn't show up, I feel that you guys played with more heart and intensity today.

By the way, London Fletcher-Baker was at ManGod status today and I've noticed he's been like this all year. What do you guys think of him?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

He is the best linebacker in the league :mrgreen:

Seriously, he is the most over-looked middle linebacker in the league.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Oh man do I miss Big Pat and Sam
No regime would mess with what our defense was doing 3 years ago. The picks were what everyone knew needed to be picked. Evans was predicatble and we all knew a new QB was needed to take over for Drew. (However I liked Schaub better). Even if it was this cover 2 regime, they would've been run out if they dared mess with our defense/big guys back then. In the long run we would kill to have guys like Harris, but oh well, we did what needed to be done.
(losing Big Pat was the worst move ever)