Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-12-2006, 07:22 PM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

TheBoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
I'm assuming Bobby Carpenter will replace Ellis now that he's probably out for the year. This is the time for Carpenter to step up and actually earn his paycheck and high draft status.
My thoughts exactly. And whats a better test then the colts.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What about Burnett replacing Ellis? Either way that injury sucks.

Another fine game for Romo, penalties killed us although a few of them were shady and the refs missed alot of holding calls on Arizona. Nice walk out of there with the W of course...

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, depending on the outcome of the Carolina game we're tied with 3/4 teams for the 2 wild card spots.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys
What about Burnett replacing Ellis? Either way that injury sucks.

Another fine game for Romo, penalties killed us although a few of them were shady and the refs missed alot of holding calls on Arizona. Nice walk out of there with the W of course...
I kind of like Burnett in his role.

Singleton/Carpenter should do a pretty good job of replacing Ellis when we're in our base scheme, but the biggest changes will come in the nickel defense.

Will Carpenter just line up at DE? (I don't think he could do it over an entire game)

Move Hatcher to DE (I think we'll do a lot of that, but then we need another nickel DT Kenyon Coleman)

A long shot would be to try Junior Glymph in that role. He would basically take Ellis' spot on the active roster and give us the ability to give Ware a break if we wanted as well.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-12-2006, 07:56 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I was really impressed with Sam Hurd, Pat Crayton, MB3 and Tony Romo. :D
Old 11-12-2006, 07:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure how significant Ellis's injury is, he was seen putting weight on it and walking a bit with his cructhes, I dont think it is season ending. Carp and Hatch rotated when he went down and Carp did show some nice burst IMO. Carp needs to work on wrapping up better, he blew two tackles on kick off.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BP said we lost Ellis but, he didnt actually say how significant the injuty was. Did he tear it? If so look for Hatch and Carp to fill in for him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-12-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Ellis can't play any more so Carpenter can get his shot, he is going to be a monster.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:38 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
I'm not sure how significant Ellis's injury is, he was seen putting weight on it and walking a bit with his cructhes, I dont think it is season ending. Carp and Hatch rotated when he went down and Carp did show some nice burst IMO. Carp needs to work on wrapping up better, he blew two tackles on kick off.
From all accounts I've seen and heard there's a 99.99% chance Ellis'season is over.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
Quote:
From all accounts I've seen and heard there's a 99.99% chance Ellis'season is over.
If it's a ruptured achilles, will Ellis come back for next season. He has obviously had a big impact on our team this season, but it's a tough injury to come back from and Ellis will be a year older. Carpenter will hopefully be entrenched as a starter.

I would guess it would be up to Ellis, but it would be surprising to see a player of that age put in all that effort in rehab to come back and be a situational pass rusher not making much money.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-12-2006, 08:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm sure Carp gets the first nod, he better step up, the same goes for Hatch.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-12-2006, 09:01 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Parcells said Ellis has a torn achilles tendon and is out for the year.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/
Old 11-12-2006, 09:03 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am thinking Ellis won't be back. As in his career is over. Because of his injury he will be out for the year but because he won't want to try and come back from it he will retire. I'll tell ya right now Al Singleton will get some time, so don't just think Carp/Burnett. Also isn't Burnett playing weakside backer this year? I think Singleton will start and Carpenter will see more playing time.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
I am thinking Ellis won't be back. As in his career is over. Because of his injury he will be out for the year but because he won't want to try and come back from it he will retire. I'll tell ya right now Al Singleton will get some time, so don't just think Carp/Burnett. Also isn't Burnett playing weakside backer this year? I think Singleton will start and Carpenter will see more playing time.
I'm not so sure that singelton will start. Carp came in intially and then Hatcher saw a lot of PT on the strong side. I wouldnt be surprised if Hatch started there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-12-2006, 09:32 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
I'm not so sure that singelton will start. Carp came in intially and then Hatcher saw a lot of PT on the strong side. I wouldnt be surprised if Hatch started there.
I just think Parcells will go with the veteran, though the others will see significant time.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:58 PM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

God I wish we picked Manny Lawson...

But anyways, what did y'all think of the O-lines' performance today. They were pretty solid, but again the penalties were a pain.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Our line has been playing better since the switch but, you know Romo just makes them that much better. All of a sudden the O-line doesnt look like such an urgent draft/off season need. Honestly, we are stacked we are solid at damn near every position. We are a team with top 5 talent that has just had some bad breaks and I'd say at times underachieved. Now things are finally starting to look up in Big D.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-12-2006, 11:17 PM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

Quote:
Our line has been playing better since the switch but, you know Romo just makes them that much better. All of a sudden the O-line doesnt look like such an urgent draft/off season need. Honestly, we are stacked we are solid at damn near every position. We are a team with top 5 talent that has just had some bad breaks and I'd say at times underachieved. Now things are finally starting to look up in Big D.
Exactly. And if the score holds up in the Bears and Giants game We have more then a legitimate shot with home-heavy schedule for the rest of the season. But I keep going back to last weeks game and how big it would of been if we did win it like we should. Hope it won't come back and bite us, like the Redskins game last year did.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:26 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
I still think we need to spend some picks early on O-line. Rivera and Adams aren't getting any younger. But unless Blalock (a definite possibility) or Joe Thomas (not gonna happpen) fall into our laps, we could wait until the 2nd round and still get good value. Someone earlier said something about Ted Ginn, which is an idea I really like. Who knows whether Glenn's knee is going to become a chronic problem?
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:28 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss
Quote:
Exactly. And if the score holds up in the Bears and Giants game We have more then a legitimate shot with home-heavy schedule for the rest of the season. But I keep going back to last weeks game and how big it would of been if we did win it like we should. Hope it won't come back and bite us, like the Redskins game last year did.
It really gripes me that we are only 1-4 in the division right now.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

Hey, did anyone else notice when the game started, the announcers said Tony Curtis was the other TE. I never heard his name again so I wondered if that was just a mistake. Of course, Fasano hasn't exactly been lighting it up this season, so it wouldn't have shocked me if BP had made a move.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We are 1-3 in the division. We still have the Eagles and Giants again.

I dont think we need a WR, the coahing staff is in love with Sammy and Miles, and we saw what Pat has done since the Romo switch. I think we are set at WR for a few more years.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-12-2006, 11:41 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

Quote:

I dont think we need a WR, the coahing staff is in love with Sammy and Miles, and we saw what Pat has done since the Romo switch. I think we are set at WR for a few more years.
You're right; I miscounted.

But I don't know that we have a real speed guy if Glenn can't play. Hurd seems more like TO Lite. Can't really say what kind of player Austin.

Speaking of Austin, I wonder if we'll be seeing him more on kickoff returns. He had one pretty decent one.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase
Quote:

You're right; I miscounted.

But I don't know that we have a real speed guy if Glenn can't play. Hurd seems more like TO Lite. Can't really say what kind of player Austin.

Speaking of Austin, I wonder if we'll be seeing him more on kickoff returns. He had one pretty decent one.
I would guess Austin will continue to return kicks. Between that and other special teams it's probable enough to keep him active for games. Maybe we can draw up a play or two for him.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-12-2006, 11:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'd rather it be Austin then Green. Austin is also a pretty damn good tackler on ST. I also have to give props to Hurd on ST.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS