Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 11-12-2006, 08:28 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01
From a Colts fan, you guys played an amazing game today. As much as I feel that it was the Colts who didn't show up, I feel that you guys played with more heart and intensity today.

By the way, London Fletcher-Baker was at ManGod status today and I've noticed he's been like this all year. What do you guys think of him?
As much as London was all over the field, I think Crowell was EVERYWHERE making plays
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crowell is putting up pro bowl numbers this year as is Fletcher and if Spikes was healthy(which I doubt he is) I think he would be as well. Our LB core is flat out awesome.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:08 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does everyone think that London Fletcher will be gone this offseason..
If so, what will the Bills do at MLB??

I think that he will, and I think they will move Crowell into the middle, and Ellison or some other LB will be aquired to fill the OLB spot
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoyer421

I think that he will, and I think they will move Crowell into the middle, and Ellison or some other LB will be aquired to fill the OLB spot
If Fletcher goes, I will be royally pissed. He has been a beast this year. I understand the whole youth movement thing, but he is playing at a pro bowl level and has not slowed down 1 bit. I strongly disagree with moving Crowell, he is doing awesome where he is, I dont want to mess with that.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:12 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What do you guys think about our team needs now?

Right now I'm thinking (in no particular order) we need:

WR, OT, OG, QB

We don't have a Solid Number 2 WR and I think a big target like Dwayne Jarrett is exactly what we need. At OT, this all depends on Terance Penningtons performance on the rest of the year, at OG Chris Villarial is flat out done and Mike Gandy COULD be upgraded. As for QB, JP Losman just isn't doing it.

CB and LB could be needs, I really hope we lock up Fletch and Nate -- Nate is truly awesome and takes a lot of undeserved heat, we need him.

DT

Our D-Line is performing well and applying good pressure BUT we really need a true Nose Tackle who can free things up for our penetrating DT's -- who have a combined 0 sacks this season.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There's one option that I can think of in FA. Cato June from the Colts. We could move crowell to MLB, because that is where he was drafted to play. Our LBs would be

OLB-Spikes
MLB-Crowell
OLB-June

If we don't do that, theres Patrick Willis, HB Blades, Buster Davis, and Anthony Waters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:48 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what's the thought on the upcoming game with us? I heard that McGahee might still be out. Thoughts?
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:49 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
Quote:
Peters didnt give up a sack today. The only sack by Freeney was when Royal stayed in and blocked and was beat around the end.

And Villarial was replaced today in mid-game for Preston...
I see a OG in our future this draft!!
Good, I didn't notice the Villariall change, probably because I missed 10 minutes of the game between the 3rd and 4th quarter or something. Preston isn't horrible, but he is defenitely a backup or a Cardinal. I hope that we are in a spot where taking Justin Blalock wouldn't be a reach at all. He might end up a second rounder depending on his injury though. I haven't read into it at all. Josh Beekman would be good in the second though.

I really would like our draft to be something like this:

1. Alan Branch DT Michigan
2. Josh Beekman OG Boston College
3. Rhema McKnight WR Notre Dame
4. Anthony Waters ILB Clemson
5. David Irons CB Auburn
6. Tyler Ecker TE Michigan
7. Courtney Lewis RB Texas A&M

The last one is just because he is one of my favorite player :mrgreen: I don't know where Irons is right now, I have seen him going anywhere from undrafted to a first rounder. Anthony Waters is injured for the year and I don't know if he can go to the combine healthy, but before the year he was considered a first day lock almost and his injury shouldn't push him further than the early second day. Its only one mans dream though :D
Alan Branch is not a cover 2 DT. He couldn't play for Jauron. We would never draft him unless Jauron has been fired.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian
Quote:
Quote:
Peters didnt give up a sack today. The only sack by Freeney was when Royal stayed in and blocked and was beat around the end.

Good, I didn't notice the Villariall change, probably because I missed 10 minutes of the game between the 3rd and 4th quarter or something. Preston isn't horrible, but he is defenitely a backup or a Cardinal. I hope that we are in a spot where taking Justin Blalock wouldn't be a reach at all. He might end up a second rounder depending on his injury though. I haven't read into it at all. Josh Beekman would be good in the second though.

5. David Irons CB Auburn

The last one is just because he is one of my favorite player :mrgreen: I don't know where Irons is right now, I have seen him going anywhere from undrafted to a first rounder. Anthony Waters is injured for the year and I don't know if he can go to the combine healthy, but before the year he was considered a first day lock almost and his injury shouldn't push him further than the early second day. Its only one mans dream though :D
Alan Branch is not a cover 2 DT. He couldn't play for Jauron. We would never draft him unless Jauron has been fired.
Branch is athletic enough. He is exactly the guy we need imo. He is a run stuffer but it also athletic enough the chase after the ball.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:11 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd throw off the line structure a bit if it meant not getting gutted every game. Doubt it happens though
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Did you guys know that Whitner was charged with agravated assault on the 5th of the month? Aparently a prossecuter is reccomending the judge to dismiss the charge after receiving a letter from Whitner's girlfriend. Didn't know anything about that, but I guess it isn't really a big deal at all.

McGahee will probably miss 2 more games aparently with his injury. Thomas isn't much of a drop off in production though, he just lacks the respect that McGahee has on the offense. Hopefully if Thomas can get another 100 yard game he will have the teams attention and we will be able to have the same line play no matter who is in the game. Imagine what we could do with an offensive line... ahhh, one can only dream...

Ryan Neufeld was on crutches after the Colts game, not that he is a big factor on the team, he is just a good guy who is injured right now unfortunately, I don't know if he will miss any time or not though.

Evans spoke out about the offense this week calling it awful. This is pretty much what he said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Evans
"It's awful, It's just been bad. And until we get that fixed, it's going to continue to be bad.

When you're down in the red zone like that with opportunities to go up in the game and you don't do anything? It's bad, It's just bad all the way around.

Yeah, I'm mad, people talk about, 'Oh, you all played an 8-0 team.' It means nothing. Moral victories at this point in the season mean absolutely nothing.

Right now, either you win or you're going home, period. It's too late in the season for moral victories. I think coach (Dick) Jauron said it best. He said: 'I love where we're going, not where we're at.

We were playing from their side of the field and couldn't do anything. That's what's frustrating. It was right there for us to take and we couldn't get it done."
Obviously he is mad after that game where they only passed 13 times in the game. Personally I kind of was upset too that we only passed it that many times, even still we got sacked what, 3 times? That isn't good at all.

I mean if we are only throwing the ball 13 times a game or dropping back around 15-20 times why not put in Holcomb, a guy who can spread the ball around and make some plays with the ball in the air. Losman isn't going to progress at all if he is throwing the ball 13 times a game. He needs to be given an opportunity to win games for us, not not lose them for us, thats not how you play football. You have to at least put up 6 points a game for that to work.

I say we give him an opportunity to make some plays and make the tough throws behind a bad offensive line. Let him drop back 25-35 times a game for a couple games and see how he does, I mean honestly, the way our team is playing now we aren't going anywhere offensively, no one is progressing other than Peters and Pennington.

I also think that we should just get rid of Holcomb, he isn't helping us out anymore, he is pretty much a wasted roster spot, if he isn't gone by next year it will be a wasted pay cheque. We aren't making the playoffs, judging by sundays offensive schemes we aren't even going to be a spoiler team and keep teams out of the playoffs.

We need to give our players a chance to progress as players and learn how to play in the NFL.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

5. David Irons CB Auburn

Branch is athletic enough. He is exactly the guy we need imo. He is a run stuffer but it also athletic enough the chase after the ball.

Cover 2 DT's are small quick guys who can get after the passer not big bruisers who are run stoppers. They play exclusively in the gaps and use their quicks to out manuvour bigger, slower OLmen. Detroit is having a hard time with their cover 2 defense because Shawn Rogers doesn't fit their scheme and may have to be traded. Branch will never suit a cover 2 defense.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:05 PM    (permalink
pysseddoph
Rookie

pysseddoph hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

i think fletcher will be gone. imo he is a liability to this scheme when it comes down to pass defense. he has good numbers as far as envolvement with takles BUT those tackles are normally 5 - 7 yards up the field. with this scheme alot is put on the middle linebacker in terms of defending the pass and stopping the run. he good at making tackles but that is it. hes not really stopping the run or doing much for pass defense.

some people will say how can i say that about his pass defense, he intercepted bret favre on a great read. thats my point exactly ... he made a great read on a pass that shouldnt have been thrown by favre BUT the other side to that is green bay went right back to that very same exact play and favre threw the very same exact pass and fletcher was about 2 steps off of the play the next time around. again fletcher puts up great numbers but they are after the fact numbers. IF fletcher was so much of a threat with the pass defense i dont think green bay would have went right back to the very same play with the very same players. green bay pretty much looked at it and said that was a bad pass by favre coupled with luck by fletcher.

not saying fletcher was the reason why just looking at things that consistantly happen vs the bills. mcgee will get picked on and there will be completed passes to receivers in the middle of our cover 2 where it is the linebackers responsability of coverage. its not just fletcher, i saw tko chasing on some plays. speaking of chasing, in that indy game i saw that fletcher couldnt cover the back out of the backfield. there was one play where fletcher had the angle and couldnt get to the back after he caught the swing pass then headed towards the sideline before he turned up field. yes fletcher was there to usher him out of bounds but that was after the back picked up the 1st and said my job is done and pretty much went out of bounds on his own.

my point is fletcher is a good player that plays within his abilities but his abilities are stretched and on the verge of declining. he isnt going to all of a sudden gain more range in his play. that more so than the money is a very important factor in this off season direction. if there is someone that the bills feel can replace fletcher then chances are they wont ask him to come back. but who knows ... stranger things have happened.
pysseddoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

5. David Irons CB Auburn

Cover 2 DT's are small quick guys who can get after the passer not big bruisers who are run stoppers. They play exclusively in the gaps and use their quicks to out manuvour bigger, slower OLmen. Detroit is having a hard time with their cover 2 defense because Shawn Rogers doesn't fit their scheme and may have to be traded. Branch will never suit a cover 2 defense.
Then I say scrap the cover 2 because our run D sucks. If we need a big body up there to stop the run, so be it. Screw the system. Branch would improve the D imo, so I would like to have him here.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are your score predictions for the game against the Texans?

Bills-13
Texans-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills 23
Texans 14

Right side of the line scares me wtih the Duke and Pennington, but we'll just run the A-Train behind Peters and Gandy to sneak out of a game that will be really close until the near end
Old 11-16-2006, 05:58 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Bills 16- Texans 6
Old 11-16-2006, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

18-12, 6 field goals baby. 10 on the day.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:46 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Villarial and Neufeld out for the year.
The duke better play well, I've been very upset with him lately
And of course, Neufeld has a 1:1 Reception-TD ratio
Old 11-16-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

The thing that I am most interested about in this game is what our defense and fans do to Eric Moulds when he gets the ball or has his name called.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I'm more intrigued on the number of unnecessary jumps that Moulds will make while catching the ball. I'll put the O/U at 3.5
Old 11-17-2006, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

5. David Irons CB Auburn

Then I say scrap the cover 2 because our run D sucks. If we need a big body up there to stop the run, so be it. Screw the system. Branch would improve the D imo, so I would like to have him here.
Well, we run a cover 2 and will continue to do so. Branch isn't in our draft sights unless Levy fires Jauron.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:37 AM    (permalink
McGahee
Rookie

McGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Guys, what do you rank the top OL prospects for the Bills as?

In no order:
-Justin Blalock
-Joe Thomas
-Levi Brown
-Jake Long
-Sam Baker

Here's some questions I have....

Do we take Blalock that high? Can he play RT or will he do better at RG like Shawn Andrews?(RT is a much bigger need) Is he mobile enough to be a good pass protector? What range would he be of best value? And do the Cowboys target him?

For Joe Thomas, not too many questions, I think if he falls to us, he is a lock, and we move Peters back to RT.

Levi Brown is very intriguing. He would almost be perfect for RT with his size, explosion (former DT) and pass protecting ability from playing the left side. But why is he not considered so high? Is it injury problems or inconsistency? What range would he be of best value?

Jako Long- Is he better for LT or RT? Can he play LT? Is he good enough a pass protector for the Bills? Is he a project or a step in player? What range would he be of best value?

Sam Baker- Can he run block? Is he physical enough? He will play LT and Peters will move back to RT correct?

If you don't want to answer these questions (Which I'm hoping you do since it will help me in a forum mock), can you at least rank them and tell me what range you expect them to go?

Thanks fellow Bills fans!
McGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGahee
Guys, what do you rank the top OL prospects for the Bills as?

In no order:
-Justin Blalock
-Joe Thomas
-Levi Brown
-Jake Long
-Sam Baker

Here's some questions I have....

Do we take Blalock that high? Can he play RT or will he do better at RG like Shawn Andrews?(RT is a much bigger need) Is he mobile enough to be a good pass protector? What range would he be of best value? And do the Cowboys target him?

For Joe Thomas, not too many questions, I think if he falls to us, he is a lock, and we move Peters back to RT.

Levi Brown is very intriguing. He would almost be perfect for RT with his size, explosion (former DT) and pass protecting ability from playing the left side. But why is he not considered so high? Is it injury problems or inconsistency? What range would he be of best value?

Jako Long- Is he better for LT or RT? Can he play LT? Is he good enough a pass protector for the Bills? Is he a project or a step in player? What range would he be of best value?

Sam Baker- Can he run block? Is he physical enough? He will play LT and Peters will move back to RT correct?

If you don't want to answer these questions (Which I'm hoping you do since it will help me in a forum mock), can you at least rank them and tell me what range you expect them to go?

Thanks fellow Bills fans!
I don't think we should take Blalock at all, he will be a reach if we pick him. The first offensive lineman we should take IMO is Josh Beekman in the early second round, even if that means trading up with someone. I don't think that we touch an offensive tackle until the later rounds this year. Jake Long, Sam Baker and Levi Brown would all play right tackle for us probably, the only left tackles I can see us taking would be Joe Thomas or Joe Staley.

I think we go guard on day one tackle in the last 2 rounds. Then we have defense and skill position players sprinkled throughout the rest of the draft.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:14 PM    (permalink
McGahee
Rookie

McGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

First off, I think our most critical needs are RT and RG, and we cannot neglect the Oline any more. So I think our pick will be OL, but I would like a trade down + Oline pick.

In my Forum mock, I've moved down to 25, and the Oline prospects that are still available after 16 picks are Justin Blalock, Jake Long and Levi Brown.
McGahee is offline   Reply With Quote