Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-12-2006, 11:55 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anyone know if Terry Glenn is going to try and find a way to play or call it quits? I heard you could play with the injury but if he decides to have surgery it would end his career....
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Does anyone know if Terry Glenn is going to try and find a way to play or call it quits? I heard you could play with the injury but if he decides to have surgery it would end his career....
Has there been some sort of update on the injury? From what I've heard it's just a strain of some ligaments and cartilage. Certainly nothing that time wouldn't heal. Unless something new has come up the most serious thing I could see coming is missing 2 or 3 games and a scope to clean up cartilage in the offseason.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:58 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As happy as I am with our receivers I wish Meachem would enter the draft this year.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:08 AM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

TheBoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fergie also had a nice game, but still worried about the depth at that position.

If our O-line continues to improve throughout the season and Blalock is off the board. Would anybody like Dwayne Jarrett, Ginn or maybe Sidney rice in the 1st round?
Old 11-13-2006, 12:10 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

That reminds me what happened to Blalock in the game last night? He went down in the game, but I didn't see if he went back in or what.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I love the jersey boy Jarrett and Sidney plays for my fav college team, I dont think we need another big reciever. We have plenty of size at the position, now I believe we are set for the next few years but, if we did indeed draft a WR I think it would have to be a speed guy.

I'm not sure if any of those guys will be available with the 32nd pick. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:14 AM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

TheBoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
As much as I love the jersey boy Jarrett and Sidney plays for my fav college team, I dont think we need another big reciever. We have plenty of size at the position, now I believe we are set for the next few years but, if we did indeed draft a WR I think it would have to be a speed guy.

Your a Gamecocks fan? Jesus that Florida game must have killed you.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:15 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

Quote:

Thats why Meachem needs to enter. We could get him later in the draft.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss
Quote:

Your a Gamecocks fan? Jesus that Florida game must have killed you.
Thankyou for the reminder. I'm still mad about that game, Ryan Succop is one of the best if not the best kicker in the nation, I know he would have made that kick. Sorta reminded me of the skins game, oh it was fanastic. :( It hurt me in more ways than one, I'm a jersey boy and am rooting for those Scarlet Knights. Florida is one of a few teams still in their way. I cant believe Rutgers actually has a shot at playing in the National Championship, it is just mind boggling, I never thought I would live to see the day when I could actually say that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss
Fergie also had a nice game, but still worried about the depth at that position.

If our O-line continues to improve throughout the season and Blalock is off the board. Would anybody like Dwayne Jarrett, Ginn or maybe Sidney rice in the 1st round?
I've never been a fan of Ginn as a WR. He just doesn't seemed polished enough. He's got the athletic ability, but I just can't ever see him being very good in the NFL.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-13-2006, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Where's a source on this because that's pretty scary┬┐
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:48 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

ive heard over and over again from commentators that BP think Henry is a stud...Where does this come from? Its seems to me that if he were as good as Newman our secondary would be alot better. Henry is caught out of position alot and i dont think he is anywhere near Newmans level.

Does anyone know how many td's hes given up since 04? I know Newman is still at zero
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:03 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm calling it right now, we're going to upset the Colts 31 28 on a late FG by Vanderclank. I think our D is good enough to reasonably contain their offense and our run game should be able to dominate their weak run D. Bottom line I think it's a close game as long as Romo doesn't make the big mistakes with INTs.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:03 PM    (permalink
cowboyz
Rookie

cowboyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

good game, disappointing with the loss of ellis. hopefully this will allow them to be more creative with who will be coming and moving around ware, since ellis was mainly a pass rusher.

i'd like to see kevin burnett there, and junior glymp on the pass rush. bobby carpenter just looks like a mediocre linebacker, no explosiveness or strength. where are you manny lawson? he had all the measurables and the smarts :| seemed like a BP kind of guy.

so henry isn't as good as newman, not many are. he's still a pretty good cb with excellent tackling ability, just doesn't have great quickness. when asked to cover, hardly gets beat. most of the passes that go to his guy are good throws. it's only a matter of time until he starts to get his interceptions. unfortunately the pressure hasn't been there to create the off balanced throws. with newman playing so well, they should send roy williams on more blitzes and let watkins help henry.

still think they need a speed wr guy, right now teams can bring up a safety for run support/cover witten and roll the other safety to TO. but glad to see crayton do his usual sideline catch. he reminds me of old rod smith. no speed but manages to get some separation and catches the ball.

miles austin looked just like tyson thompson back there, which makes me wonder if he will be back. I think BP would like a big bruiser like brandon jacobs :twisted: can you imagine what he would do with a guy like that? maybe michael bush in the 2nd?

did jason hatcher or kenyon coleman play? i saw ratliff got the fumble. after ellis left, there was no pressure at all.
cowboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:10 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm very disappointed to learn about Ellis, but our LB corp is deep, so I'm not really worried about a replacement, whether it be Burnett or Carpenter. Hell, let's get Junior Glymph in on the action! It's all good.

The Colts game next week has me worried. I don't usually go into big games expecting the Cowboys to win, but I've got a feeling about this one that I just can't shake. I've been waiting for this game for two years now, and I really think we could win. The Colts have been stumbling lately (not enough to lose though), and I really think we can exploit some of their weaknesses.

Like I said, I'm not usually a homer.. but I can't help it this week.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:51 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX
I'm very disappointed to learn about Ellis, but our LB corp is deep, so I'm not really worried about a replacement, whether it be Burnett or Carpenter. Hell, let's get Junior Glymph in on the action! It's all good.

The Colts game next week has me worried. I don't usually go into big games expecting the Cowboys to win, but I've got a feeling about this one that I just can't shake. I've been waiting for this game for two years now, and I really think we could win. The Colts have been stumbling lately (not enough to lose though), and I really think we can exploit some of their weaknesses.

Like I said, I'm not usually a homer.. but I can't help it this week.
Actually, I feel little pressure heading into this game. No one expects us to win, so it won't be a big thing if we don't. However, if we limit our penalties and turnovers, I think we actually have as good a shot as anyone at upsetting the Colts. Of course, they haven't been able to control the penalties all year, so that's why it's a big if.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:53 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyz

did jason hatcher or kenyon coleman play? i saw ratliff got the fumble. after ellis left, there was no pressure at all.
I think Carpenter went in at first, but a little later it was Hatcher. Since the Cards had totally abandoned the run by that point, the Cowboys were mainly going with 4 down lineman. Even Ellis was lining up with his hand on the ground before he was injured.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'd like to see kevin burnett there, and junior glymp on the pass rush. bobby carpenter just looks like a mediocre linebacker, no explosiveness or strength. where are you manny lawson? he had all the measurables and the smarts :| seemed like a BP kind of guy.
I don't know how can you say that. We haven't seen nothing of Carpenter. Except that he had some good moves rushing the passer from a DE position (he almost get a sack yesterday and he made some good moves in the final minutes of the Panthers' game)..
Manny Lawson? He has shown that he probably won't be able to put up more weight. He's a good pass rusher but I think that he will be bad supporting the run for all of his career.. Manny Lawson can't play SOLB for me..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:03 PM    (permalink
cowboyz
Rookie

cowboyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
Quote:
I don't know how can you say that. We haven't seen nothing of Carpenter. Except that he had some good moves rushing the passer from a DE position (he almost get a sack yesterday and he made some good moves in the final minutes of the Panthers' game)..
Manny Lawson? He has shown that he probably won't be able to put up more weight. He's a good pass rusher but I think that he will be bad supporting the run for all of his career.. Manny Lawson can't play SOLB for me..
actually, i think lawson's been playing solb and has been doing everything good except rushing the passer. he seems to have the nice smart man syndrome that polite had

all carpenter has done is prove he can't play special teams, which should be a huge red flag for a linebacker.
cowboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
Quote:
actually, i think lawson's been playing solb and has been doing everything good except rushing the passer. he seems to have the nice smart man syndrome that polite had

all carpenter has done is prove he can't play special teams, which should be a huge red flag for a linebacker.
Well, in his press conference today Parcells said Carpenter is improving on special teams and is now making a solid contribution there.

I've watched the 49ers play some this year, most recently when they upset the Vikings in week 9. He tries hard, but his athletic ability hasn't shown up yet. He's running around lost, but is trying hard.

It's ignorant to say that Lawson would be doing better hear. He wouldn't have beaten Ellis out for his job and hasn't shown anything that great in San Francisco yet. Carpenter has been coming along and will get a chance to show some things in the next couple weeks.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-13-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw the game, and I'm a little confused. Why do you guys say Carpenter is so slow? He looked pretty darned fast to me, and when he was DE, he was getting doubled on a lot of plays. He looks like hes gonna be a good player given the oppurtunity, I don't get why you guys were so hard on him.

Now he obviously gets his chance, and playing against Indy, he's gonna have to really be ready for it. I think he's gonna add an element to your defense that Ellis couldn't. His speed is gonna make this defense alot better. I was surprised to see him come off the line like that, because all the reviews so far have said that he was a turtle.

Im gonna go out on a limb here, but I'll still say it. I think the sacks and pass rush from your D are going to go up with Carpenter starting. I just see an element of speed that he brings that will be difficult for olines to block. Heck, for a rook, he looked real good in his first legit playing time. I have bias here though, because I predicted him to be the DROY.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
I saw the game, and I'm a little confused. Why do you guys say Carpenter is so slow? He looked pretty darned fast to me, and when he was DE, he was getting doubled on a lot of plays. He looks like hes gonna be a good player given the oppurtunity, I don't get why you guys were so hard on him.

Now he obviously gets his chance, and playing against Indy, he's gonna have to really be ready for it. I think he's gonna add an element to your defense that Ellis couldn't. His speed is gonna make this defense alot better. I was surprised to see him come off the line like that, because all the reviews so far have said that he was a turtle.

Im gonna go out on a limb here, but I'll still say it. I think the sacks and pass rush from your D are going to go up with Carpenter starting. I just see an element of speed that he brings that will be difficult for olines to block. Heck, for a rook, he looked real good in his first legit playing time. I have bias here though, because I predicted him to be the DROY.
Not everyone is down on Carpenter. Some people just don't understand how the NFL works and thinks our coaches are retarted for not drafting Colston this year. I've been a fan of Carpenter since his senior year at OSU so I'm probably biased too, but I would say the reason some fans are ragging on him is they predicted he would be a bust and will now say anything to defend their position.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-13-2006, 06:48 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Looks like somebody lost a bet with a Bears fan, eh? ;)

Btw, don't listen to all the Carpenter haters. I don't, and never have, thought that he looked slow. There is just a certain group of Cowboys posters that come on and want to bash him as a means of venting their frustration with the team as a whole. He hasn't done one thing either way to justify that kind of treatment, but there they are doing it anyway.

The worst thing that can be said about him is that he hasn't been soooo good that the coaches have had no choice but to get him on the field. It would take a truly special player to force his way into this lineup during the first 8 games of his rookie season. So, apparently, we can no longer expect him to be LT. Bummer deal. Besides that, I have liked everything I've seen from him in very limited play. He was coming off that edge with a vengeance in the 4th yesterday. He even got what amounts to a sack late in the game, though Leinart found a way to shovel it away as he was going down.

Bobby will be fine. I'm just as psyched about him now as I was when we drafted him. Maybe even moreso, because now we are going to get a glimpse of what he's got.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Quote:

8) 8)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:29 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Quote:

8) 8)
:D

Sweet avatar, btw. Me and you should hook up. I invented the internet. :twisted:
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote