Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
You should know better than to think I would speak adverse of Die fuher.
Yea my bad
Sooo on to a new topic, I think that our running game needs a huge pick up. Will Morency add that boost to the running game that we need?

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 09-24-2007 at 02:14 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Bodiford is back already?? Wow. Francies released.

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/09/24/4/
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Yea my bad
Sooo on to a new topic, I think that our running game needs a huge pick up. Will Morency add that boost to the running game that we need?
I think he can help keep the others fresh. Might sound weird, but what if we had all 4 shuffling in and out during the course of the game. None of them ever getting tired or to banged up.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Bodiford is back already?? Wow. Francies released.

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/09/24/4/
I'm not at all surprised. The coaches have always liked Bodiford. The only reason he wasn't on the PS ahead of Francies is he didn't clear waivers. Now that he's available they jump on him right away. I'd rather have him than Francies anyway. Anyone know what's the latest on Koren Robinson?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I think he can help keep the others fresh. Might sound weird, but what if we had all 4 shuffling in and out during the course of the game. None of them ever getting tired or to banged up.
Yea but will all of them give us the right boost to put less of the burden on Farve's shoulders. I realize that he has been on fire and has been doing phenomenal but eventually were going to run into a tough situation where they shut down our pass game or where Favre throws a couple picks.
Im just slightly worried, i think we have one of the best teams in the NFC but i think that we cannot keep winning without a running game.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the running game made some strides in the right direction yesterday. Blocking was much better, still a ways to go though. Probably not going to help next week that were playing Minnesota.
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA PACKER View Post
I think the running game made some strides in the right direction yesterday. Blocking was much better, still a ways to go though. Probably not going to help next week that were playing Minnesota.
I think we'll do the same thing next week that we did against the chargers. The coaches realize that they have a strong run defense so they aren't going to force it. That's what I like about McCarthy, he makes adjustments. He has said that he wants to run the ball, but he's not afraid to pass. Instead of being stubborn and running 30 times just to run when there's nothing there, he'll let Favre throw it.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I think we'll do the same thing next week that we did against the chargers. The coaches realize that they have a strong run defense so they aren't going to force it. That's what I like about McCarthy, he makes adjustments. He has said that he wants to run the ball, but he's not afraid to pass. Instead of being stubborn and running 30 times just to run when there's nothing there, he'll let Favre throw it.
But always putting the game in Favre's hands could be dangerous... Dont get me wrong i love the man and he is doing fantastic this year but we could run into a slight problem if we keep passing the ball
Old 09-24-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're going up against Minny. I could see us shutting down their entire O. They dont have the pass rush that San Diego has but a somewhat better secondary and probably equal run defense. I could see us going deep a couple more times this week, but the quick passing is working so well so hopefully we'll stick to it.

GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
But always putting the game in Favre's hands could be dangerous... Dont get me wrong i love the man and he is doing fantastic this year but we could run into a slight problem if we keep passing the ball
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to do that every game. Going against tough run defenses like San Diego and Minnesota though it's the right move.
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got tickets to the Packers-Bears game!

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I just got tickets to the Packers-Bears game!
Hurray for you!
In chicago or green bay.
I might get to go to KC-GB

Old 09-24-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Hurray for you!
In chicago or green bay.
I might get to go to KC-GB
It's a Sunday Night game at Lambeau, the day after my birthday.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I'm not at all surprised. The coaches have always liked Bodiford. The only reason he wasn't on the PS ahead of Francies is he didn't clear waivers. Now that he's available they jump on him right away. I'd rather have him than Francies anyway. Anyone know what's the latest on Koren Robinson?
From a receiver from my former school to a receiver from my current school. PSU!!!PSU!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morency is supposed to be back this week, no? I'm hoping he'll come back with a fervor and spark some life into our running game.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Morency is supposed to be back this week, no? I'm hoping he'll come back with a fervor and spark some life into our running game.
yeah Jennings look pretty fast when he came back hopefully same with VM
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

McCarthy has been really patient with those that have been injured. I wouldnt be surprised if and when Morency comes in and plays it will be at a high level.
Its nice to have been having the luxury of waiting for players to heal up or improve before putting them on the active roster and not losing a game in the process.

Last edited by Football Fan : 09-25-2007 at 02:26 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:57 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TT has shown what drafting 43 players every draft gets you, and it is under-rated depth. There's been a lot of players injured that were either stored on IR like Noah Herron, or are rehabbing and the team has been able to have been patient waiting. Jennings could be the X-Factor of the offense with how he can take a 7 yard slant 57 yards. DD had a couple of great moves on his 46 yarder, but Jennings caught the ball and all of a sudden SD DBs looked like they were running in mud. I like seeing Bodiford back. I think he's likely just keeping a roster spot ready for Koren Robinson though.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:41 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea my bad
The offensive line is more of a problem that who is running the ball. If they can step up their play the running backs will play will improve, obviously.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:24 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
TT has shown what drafting 43 players every draft gets you, and it is under-rated depth. There's been a lot of players injured that were either stored on IR like Noah Herron, or are rehabbing and the team has been able to have been patient waiting. Jennings could be the X-Factor of the offense with how he can take a 7 yard slant 57 yards. DD had a couple of great moves on his 46 yarder, but Jennings caught the ball and all of a sudden SD DBs looked like they were running in mud. I like seeing Bodiford back. I think he's likely just keeping a roster spot ready for Koren Robinson though.

"I like seeing Bodiford back. I think he's likely just keeping a roster spot ready for Koren Robinson though."
I was thinking the same thing.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Im a huge Virginia Tech fan and i wonder what if we moved Rouse to LOLB he played LB in college and was good at it but was moved to Safety because of his speed and im still not sold on Poppinga. So i figure that Bigby is having a good season so far and it doesnt look like Rouse is gonna get any playing time unless there is an injury. So why not try him out as a LB. What do you all think?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Im a huge Virginia Tech fan and i wonder what if we moved Rouse to LOLB he played LB in college and was good at it but was moved to Safety because of his speed and im still not sold on Poppinga. So i figure that Bigby is having a good season so far and it doesnt look like Rouse is gonna get any playing time unless there is an injury. So why not try him out as a LB. What do you all think?
Poppy isnt as talented as Barnett or Hawk, but I don't consider him a weak spot on the defense. It would be interesting to see Rouse move back to LOLB and push Brady a little bit though.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think its worth a shot at least but like cords just said I think that Poppinga is doing a fine job this year. Also, I think that at either OLB or SS, Rouse is going to be mixed up in the overflow. Its a problem with having depth at positions. Oh no.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post
Poppy isnt as talented as Barnett or Hawk, but I don't consider him a weak spot on the defense. It would be interesting to see Rouse move back to LOLB and push Brady a little bit though.

I'm going to assume you mean strong side backer, because LOLB isn't really a position.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I'm going to assume you mean strong side backer, because LOLB isn't really a position.
In Madden it is!!!

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote