Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-13-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
most people are
off topic but do you get the Buffalo-Wisconsin game saturday on local TV? The only way I can see it is by ESPNU, which I dont have.
not that I know of. Stupid Time Warner took away my espnu :x
Same, I cant get it through Time Warner.

Anyway back on topic any one want to make early final 4 picks?
Old 11-13-2006, 09:53 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dream Final 4: UNC - Michigan - Arizona - Buffalo

Predicted Final 4: UNC - Pitt - Florida - Texas A&M
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with UNC, Ohio State, Kansas, and Wisconsin. Both Big Ten teams lose so It's UNC VS Kansas with Kansas winning
Old 11-13-2006, 10:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan
Ohio State WILL Win the Big 10, and maybe win National Championship. There going to be godly this year no doubt.

But watch out for Iowa as a sleeper, I honestly think there better than last year.
:roll:

Dude I'm getting tired of your homer ********. It's sickening to read. Iowa won't touch the top 5 this season. Holuska is their only player, and he's overrated at that.

Btw, Indiana is looking pathetic. I dont' care what the score states, they were outplayed and outhustled for the better part of 35 minutes until UL unraveled. If UL didn't committ dumb TO's they would be winning this game. But of course Sanctions will pull it out. Pretty sad when you can barely play with a team that only get's 8 scholarships. Without DJ White against a good team, they're going to get smashed. UL's man defense is terrible, which is why Calloway can get to the rim at will. Wow is all I ahve to say for Indiana, just wow.

Illinois won by 45 tonight but Jamar Smith got injured, don't know how bad it is but he lit the lamp tonight.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:18 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how the best college bball team in Minnesota is in D2.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Laffy boys should have taken down Indiana tonight. They played thier hearts out, I will have a few words for Andrew Brown when they get back. It looks like they will have a solid season this year, those boys can play.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
My Laffy boys should have taken down Indiana tonight. They played thier hearts out, I will have a few words for Andrew Brown when they get back. It looks like they will have a solid season this year, those boys can play.
Yea that and Indiana is just BAAAAD.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Yea that and Indiana is just BAAAAD.
Lafayette should have a solid season in the Patriot League, they have a good group. As for Indy, they just played sloppy tonight, lots and lots of fouls, I'm still proud of my boys effort. With Bucknell losing all their stars no one should stand in their way.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:22 AM    (permalink

Did anybody watch the IU game? Those were honestly the worst refs I have ever seen in my life.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:03 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about the Bob Knight "incident"?
Old 11-14-2006, 09:09 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
I dont think it was a big deal at all he just wanted his attention. This happens all the time and if it wasnt Knight it wouldnt even be getting mentioned right now. I love Bobby Knight he is a real coach. He will fight for his team but he expects perfection out of you on the court.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:17 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1
Quote:
I dont think it was a big deal at all he just wanted his attention. This happens all the time and if it wasnt Knight it wouldnt even be getting mentioned right now. I love Bobby Knight he is a real coach. He will fight for his team but he expect perfection out of you on the court.
I agree completely. I was just watching Doug Gottlieb spout off about how it's just unacceptable and blah bih de blah blah blah....I would have loved to have been coached by a guy like Knight when I was a kid. He epitomizes what a HC should be, imo. I bet you that kid looks him in the eye next time he comes to the sideline. And he'll be a better player because of it.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:52 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1
Quote:
I dont think it was a big deal at all he just wanted his attention. This happens all the time and if it wasnt Knight it wouldnt even be getting mentioned right now. I love Bobby Knight he is a real coach. He will fight for his team but he expect perfection out of you on the court.
I agree completely. I was just watching Doug Gottlieb spout off about how it's just unacceptable and blah bih de blah blah blah....I would have loved to have been coached by a guy like Knight when I was a kid. He epitomizes what a HC should be, imo. I bet you that kid looks him in the eye next time he comes to the sideline. And he'll be a better player because of it.
I agree 100% I would have loved to play under a coach like Knight. That kid is most likely going to school for free to play sports. I didnt even go to college but if I could have went and played under Knight and he smacked me because I was doing something wrong. Then so be it its Bobby Knight not some guy who isnt a winner. Knight is a WINNER. He will do everything in his power to win.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-14-2006, 10:11 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll go with UNC, Ohio State, Kansas, and Wisconsin. Both Big Ten teams lose so It's UNC VS Kansas with Kansas winning
That would be sweet.As I speak for all KU fans it would be great to beat Ol Roy for the title
Old 11-14-2006, 10:37 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Did anybody watch the IU game? Those were honestly the worst refs I have ever seen in my life.
Not as bad as your team looked last night though.

The balls were going both ways though. But yes, they were terrible refs.

A few things I noticed about IU. And I know it's only the first game but here's what I noticed:

1) If DJ White goes out you guys are in TROUBLE!

2) You can't play man to man defense to save your lives. UL was slicing through you guys like swiss cheese. Although I will say you played better D in the last 5 minutes.

3) Besides Calloway I don't fear any of the guards on your team scoring wise. Wilmont needs a kick out because he can't get his own shot, at least from what I saw.

4) UL plays terrible man to man defense and you guys still had trouble getting into the lanes and scoring. That and you couldn't hit an outside shot to save your lives.

5) You don't have any "quality" bigs besides DJ White. Well I guess Mike White is ok but that'll be a problem this year for you guys.

6) You have about 3 or 4 athletic guys on your entire team. I think that poses a problem against a team as say Ohio State or a really athletic team.

7) You don't have a true PG in your lineup. I don't see anyone on the floor who can run that offense. Calloway is more of a 2 then a 1, and the lack of a PG will hurt.

8) Boy you guys should have and could have lost that game. UL outhustled and outplayed you for 35 minutes until they crumbled off of their own dumb mistakes.

Like I said I know it's only the first game but you guys looked BAAADDD. I don't think I've seen a worse performance from a Big 10 school in a long time. Can't say that I didn't enjoy watching you guys struggle though as an Illini fan. :D

Btw, Jamar Smith is likely out a couple weeks. God damn. We just can't catch a break this year so far. McBride gets a DUI, Randle pulls his groin, and now Jamar sprains his ankle. Great. :roll:

Quote:
Old 11-14-2006, 10:47 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49
Quote:
That would be sweet.As I speak for all KU fans it would be great to beat Ol Roy for the title
Jeez, after the past few years, you would think KU fans would stop looking past the 1st round.

Bucknell, Bradley....who's next, Buffalo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:05 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's all this buzz going around about Bob Knight's sideline incident last night.

Personally, who cares? He (player) wasn't looking up at Bob Knight; he needed to get his attention. It's a bunch of hooplah about nothing.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:11 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
There's all this buzz going around about Bob Knight's sideline incident last night.

Personally, who cares? He (player) wasn't looking up at Bob Knight; he needed to get his attention. It's a bunch of hooplah about nothing.
Agree 100%

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-14-2006, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that this is an overblown incident. On Mike & Mike this morning, Golic went as far as to say that if his son's HS coach were to do that to his son during a game, he wouldn't mind. The player's mom also released a statement saying she was not concerned. This whole thing is really being pushed by the media because it's Bob Knight. If Coach K did this, it probably wouldn't make any news outlet. Back off and let the man coach. The player was playing poorly, then he didn't look the coach in the eye. Are we so overly protective and maladramatic in America anymore that people aren't even allowed to touch?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:43 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
I agree that this is an overblown incident. On Mike & Mike this morning, Golic went as far as to say that if his son's HS coach were to do that to his son during a game, he wouldn't mind. The player's mom also released a statement saying she was not concerned. This whole thing is really being pushed by the media because it's Bob Knight. If Coach K did this, it probably wouldn't make any news outlet. Back off and let the man coach. The player was playing poorly, then he didn't look the coach in the eye. Are we so overly protective and maladramatic in America anymore that people aren't even allowed to touch?
Well said but sadly it has almost come to this. That kid is getting the chance of a lifetime right now to be in the same company as Bob Knight.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-14-2006, 03:36 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Not as bad as your team looked last night though.

The balls were going both ways though. But yes, they were terrible refs.

A few things I noticed about IU. And I know it's only the first game but here's what I noticed:
I didn't say that is why we played bad, because it was going both ways. Those refs were just terrible, I hope they aren't back tonight.

Quote:
1) If DJ White goes out you guys are in TROUBLE!
Very true. We are not deep at all in big men.

Quote:
2) You can't play man to man defense to save your lives. UL was slicing through you guys like swiss cheese. Although I will say you played better D in the last 5 minutes.
The team came out completely flat and just assumed that Lafayette would lay down. We have a pretty quick team and I think as the season goes on, the defense will drastically improve from what it was last night because of how much Sampson stresses good defense.

Quote:
3) Besides Calloway I don't fear any of the guards on your team scoring wise. Wilmont needs a kick out because he can't get his own shot, at least from what I saw.
Most of are guards are shooters rather than scorers but I would look out for AJ Ratliff. He had a great Freshman season but suffered a hand injury last year that completely messed up his shooting and from what I saw of him last night he seems like he will be back this year.

Quote:
5) You don't have any "quality" bigs besides DJ White. Well I guess Mike White is ok but that'll be a problem this year for you guys
Our three other big men that will see quality time this season are Ben Allen, Lance Stemler and Mike White. White and Stemler are JUCO's and should improve as the season progresses and Allen, well I don't know what to think about him. He came from Australia last year and hyped himself up with the media and made us think he was something. He wasn't. He is a Dirk Nowitzki style big man and we had him playing inside a lot last year and he was just too scrawny. Over the off-season he put on 30-40 pounds in muscle and it will be interesting to see how he plays this year. Obviously our main weakness is in the post, just like last year.

Quote:
6) You have about 3 or 4 athletic guys on your entire team. I think that poses a problem against a team as say Ohio State or a really athletic team.
Calloway, Ratliff, Wilmont, Armon Bassett, Joey Shaw, Lance Stemler and what little I've seen of Xavier Keeling, are all athletic players but I see what you mean, we have a lot more shooters than scorers.

Quote:
7) You don't have a true PG in your lineup. I don't see anyone on the floor who can run that offense. Calloway is more of a 2 then a 1, and the lack of a PG will hurt you.
Calloway is a true point guard and I'm assuming you're saying that he is not judging only from last night. When he got his chance to start at the end of last year, the supporing cast was playing well and we had a great post player in at most times which made it so he didn't have to do so much on his own like he was forced to last night.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:38 PM    (permalink

I'm love/hate with Knight but I definitely do not think he should be reprimanded for what he did last night. He was simply getting the players attention. If he had actually hit him it would be a different story but he didn't so I see nothing wrong. If a coach that did not have the history that Knight has I don't think this would be even close to as big of a deal as the media is making it out to be.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49
Quote:
Jeez, after the past few years, you would think KU fans would stop looking past the 1st round.

Bucknell, Bradley....who's next, Buffalo?
yes, actually

(I miss Turner Battle)
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:13 PM    (permalink

jamar smith is out 4-6 weeks, and it hurts even more because dumbass rich mcbride got a DUI and is out for 3 more games.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtisNo1
jamar smith is out 4-6 weeks, and it hurts even more because dumbass rich mcbride got a DUI and is out for 3 more games.
And Randle is likely out a week. Man, talk about no luck. Oh well though, at least this is only non-conference. Get em healthy and get em back for conference.

But damn; 3 of our best players out right now. Yikes. :shock:

Quote: