Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 09-23-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I love Boley. Stands up the pulling guard AND makes the tackle. That's how you play backer (take note, keith brooking).
Old 09-23-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Give Norwwod the damn ball. Thank you.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Crumpler baby. Good play from Joey too.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

broken tackles are killing the panties.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

very good O so far today... and I agree about Brooking... he has lost a step... but don't be surprised if Tony Taylor pulls a Jesse Tuggle on us and starts next year.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

omg penalties.

rofl, i started roddy white today on my ff team. score!
Old 09-23-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol. 7 catches for 127 yards and a TD is like 20 points.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

=) i'll take it!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

foster is a falcon-killer.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brightside: Roddy White, Joey Harrington
Darkside: late game defense; Jamaal Anderson a no-show again, lack of a consistent run game

I would really like to see a sign of anything from Jamaal.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Brightside: Roddy White, Joey Harrington
Darkside: late game defense; Jamaal Anderson a no-show again, lack of a consistent run game

I would really like to see a sign of anything from Jamaal.

I dont know how you can have a Brightside without mentioning Deangello Hall, that is the best pure cover 'cornerback' i have ever seen him play. He held Steve Smith to 1 catch, that is almost unherd of.

....and yep, if we didnt have Hall there wouldnt of been those two personal foul penalties OR the Def pass interferance call, You wanna know why? Cause any other CB on our team and probably the entire league bar Champ Bailey would of been burned and givin up the TD to Smith on that Def pass interference play, and not of been frustrating Smith enough to get enough under his skin or to have competed well enough to even utter a word of jawwing to Steve Smith.

Without Hall today we loose by 28 points at least. Lewis Sanders on Steve Smith is about a bigger mismatch between a big slow CB and an amazing small WR as you can get. Smith would of scored 3 TD's at least and 150+ yards. Dont belive me? does Houston have a top CB? No. What happened last week? But thats ok, cause none of those CB were in the game enough to have a competitive BS penatly against them because there were being schoolled so much by smith that their jaw was dragging along the turf.

I'm so angry at that shamefull officiating and some of the fans, reactions to the DHALL incident today, especially at AFMB.

Jamaal Anderson needs to start doing something, its week 3 he should be making some kind of impact, he isnt and its not good enough.

Roddy White has alot of Anquan Boldin potential in him, a very explosive, strong man.

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 09-23-2007 at 11:26 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:09 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am watching the game for the first time right now...we got HOSED...I'm FURIOUS at the call on Deangelo Hall...if you're going to flag Hall for 15 yards you have to flag Smith for 15 too..Hall got SCREWED over...I'm FURIOUS...SOOOO mad. That call makes 0 sense. Deangelo Hall is going to Hawaii...sign him up today. Go ahead and give Smith 35 yards on that PI...40 yards whatever it was...2 catches for 50 yards for Steve Smith...there is NO ONE other than champ that does that. Sorry, but we have one of the best corners in the world on our squad, and it's great that he's there.

I obviously haven't finished the game yet so I don't know what happened, but looks like we had a really good shot at winning this game, our defense was lights out, minus stopping the run. Our defense is a playoff defense, our offensive line today...wow...what a difference a week makes. Joey...doing what he always does...just like we all knew he was going to do. Roddy White...WHERE did this kid come from? Out of nowhere, out of dropsville and he looks like he could be going to Hawaii. Norwood, again, not enough touches, kid is sharp. Dunn had a better week this week than he has so far...so that's good. Our offense looked like what I expected from Petrino, spreading it out routes spreading people out and for the first time we weren't playing from a position where we had to be ultra conservative.

should be 17-13 right now late in the 3rd Quarter...but Carolina's rushing attack is just fierce...they have 2 very VERY good runningbacks. They just had playmakers making plays and that's the difference.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Wharton struggles against speed rushers so Abraham will be a problem all game. I'm expecting 1-2 fumbles from Jake based on that alone

I dont have a vibe on the game besides that. I saw the Houston loss coming, I dont really know what to expect here. If we were 2-0 I would guarantee a Falcon win, but we arent
good job Jake! you got yourself injured, but no fumbles :)

Abraham completely manhandled Wharton, as expected, and Hall played Smith well. If you erase the PI and ensuing penalties it's more like 90 yards on 2 catches and a TD for Smith though, because he was gone if Hall didn't make a smart play in dragging him down

The Panthers really escaped that game with a win they didn't deserve and if I were Falcon fan I'd feel jobbed by the refs too. Oh well, these things usually work themselves out over the course of a couple years (or even a couple games...re: Lane Kiffin)
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
If you erase the PI and ensuing penalties it's more like 90 yards on 2 catches and a TD for Smith though, because he was gone if Hall didn't make a smart play in dragging him down
I must say one thing in regards to this. Smith didn't outrun Hall he just had enough separation to make the catch, not get to the endzone...he wasn't pulling away from Hall. He could have made that tackle when he caught the pass or before...he decided to do it before...but he wasn't going for 6, and the way he had been playing...well...lets just say it wasn't a sure bet that he would have caught it anyway...with more drops than catches yesterday =/
Old 09-24-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I must say one thing in regards to this. Smith didn't outrun Hall he just had enough separation to make the catch, not get to the endzone...he wasn't pulling away from Hall. He could have made that tackle when he caught the pass or before...he decided to do it before...but he wasn't going for 6, and the way he had been playing...well...lets just say it wasn't a sure bet that he would have caught it anyway...with more drops than catches yesterday =/
Smith would have caught it. Smith burned him, plain and simple, Hall could barely get his hands on his shoulders, if Smith catches it he is gone.

You guys obviously feel jobbed, but I wouldn't be surprised if Smith intentionally started it trying to get a reaction. However, you don't know what was said on the field, Hall had already smacked Smith in the helmet after a play, and then apparently said something abusive to the officials. If the refs feel it getting out of control, they will flag you. You guys did get a make up call with Harris though.

Blame the refs, but at some point you have to blame Hall for letting his emotions get the best of him.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Smith would have caught it. Smith burned him, plain and simple, Hall could barely get his hands on his shoulders, if Smith catches it he is gone.

You guys obviously feel jobbed, but I wouldn't be surprised if Smith intentionally started it trying to get a reaction. However, you don't know what was said on the field, Hall had already smacked Smith in the helmet after a play, and then apparently said something abusive to the officials. If the refs feel it getting out of control, they will flag you. You guys did get a make up call with Harris though.

Blame the refs, but at some point you have to blame Hall for letting his emotions get the best of him.

I think it's a little of both. Hall probably got jobbed, but he shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

it hurt for me to watch smith break hall's tackle a couple plays after the fiasco. i know hall's pride took a beating there.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

No, Hall wasn't right in what he did...but he also wasn't wrong either. That play where he popped him in the chest is 100% legal and NOT flaggable...he got screwed BIG time which also led to the 2nd flag which also was not his fault...sorry but Smith was talking just as much if not moreso than Hall and didn't get anything.

As far as the catch goes...MAYBE he'd have caught it...if someone told me before the game that Smith would have 1 catch for 10 yards and 2 dropped passes I would have said you were lying. Hall WRAPPED around Smith's shoulders...it wasn't like he nicked his heels and got him to fall...he was all over him...there is almost NO chance (not 100% cause anything is POSSIBLE) that Smith scores the TD there. MAYBE Smith would have broken the tackle...but he didn't on the PI so I doubt he would have after he caught the ball...if he would have even caught it because the way Hall pulled him down could have caused an incomplete pass, but it was just the 'safe' play to go ahead and get the PI. No matter though, we lost and it doesn't matter that we got jobbed, I'm just sick of people blaming Hall when it was his play that kept us in the game all day anyway.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
I dont know how you can have a Brightside without mentioning Deangello Hall, that is the best pure cover 'cornerback' i have ever seen him play. He held Steve Smith to 1 catch, that is almost unherd of.

....and yep, if we didnt have Hall there wouldnt of been those two personal foul penalties OR the Def pass interferance call, You wanna know why? Cause any other CB on our team and probably the entire league bar Champ Bailey would of been burned and givin up the TD to Smith on that Def pass interference play, and not of been frustrating Smith enough to get enough under his skin or to have competed well enough to even utter a word of jawwing to Steve Smith.

Without Hall today we loose by 28 points at least. Lewis Sanders on Steve Smith is about a bigger mismatch between a big slow CB and an amazing small WR as you can get. Smith would of scored 3 TD's at least and 150+ yards. Dont belive me? does Houston have a top CB? No. What happened last week? But thats ok, cause none of those CB were in the game enough to have a competitive BS penatly against them because there were being schoolled so much by smith that their jaw was dragging along the turf.

I'm so angry at that shamefull officiating and some of the fans, reactions to the DHALL incident today, especially at AFMB.

Jamaal Anderson needs to start doing something, its week 3 he should be making some kind of impact, he isnt and its not good enough.

Roddy White has alot of Anquan Boldin potential in him, a very explosive, strong man.
I definitely agree on Hall. Though I was the only one hahah. Loved the attitude too, he gives a big jam (being physical) at the line of scrimmage and they call a hit to the face. Rediculous. And Smith wasn't talking?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote