Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I'm going to assume you mean strong side backer, because LOLB isn't really a position.
I just said LOLB because "ImBrotherCain" used it. It's a lot easier than spelling it out.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Im a huge Virginia Tech fan and i wonder what if we moved Rouse to LOLB he played LB in college and was good at it but was moved to Safety because of his speed and im still not sold on Poppinga. So i figure that Bigby is having a good season so far and it doesnt look like Rouse is gonna get any playing time unless there is an injury. So why not try him out as a LB. What do you all think?
I wouldn't rule out moving him to LB as I said when we drafted him he might be best there. As a safety he kind of reminds me of Marquand Manuel, so that's not good. However I doubt he ever sees the field as a LB. Brady has turned into a solid stong side backer after playing DE all his life. We won't be looking for an upgrade there anytime soon and he certainly wont get beat out by Aaron Rouse. I never liked Rouse and I don't see him ever being anything more than a backup be it at LB or safety.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had been wondering where Aaron Rouse fits into our plans with the emergence of Bigby. Poppinga has been doing well lately, so I don't see us replacing him.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Brady and Rouse switching in, Rouse's coverage ability is much better than brady's so we could stick Rouse in on passing downs (Which is working with KGB)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I wouldn't rule out moving him to LB as I said when we drafted him he might be best there. As a safety he kind of reminds me of Marquand Manuel, so that's not good. However I doubt he ever sees the field as a LB. Brady has turned into a solid stong side backer after playing DE all his life. We won't be looking for an upgrade there anytime soon and he certainly wont get beat out by Aaron Rouse. I never liked Rouse and I don't see him ever being anything more than a backup be it at LB or safety.
I like him since he went to my high school and think he has good potential

Old 09-25-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I could see Brady and Rouse switching in, Rouse's coverage ability is much better than brady's so we could stick Rouse in on passing downs (Which is working with KGB)
I like this idea, although Brady's play certainly doesn't warrant a demotion(Even though I wouldn't think of it that way).
Old 09-25-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
I like this idea, although Brady's play certainly doesn't warrant a demotion(Even though I wouldn't think of it that way).
That doesn't make any sense. Poppinga's already out on passing downs anyway.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:36 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default Power Rankings: Packers surprisingly join league's elite

Looking good.
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:26 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.startribune.com/souhan/story/1445929.html

If his play keeps up like this, hopefully we will be hearing alot of this talk.

Quote:
The rebirth of Favre is bad news for Bears fans. But it's great news for football, sports and, when you think about it, life
- Jay Mariotti

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 09-26-2007 at 06:30 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Marviel Underwood Over Kerry Rhodes

boy it would be something else if we had Rhodes
or move'd up 5 spots to get Brandon Jacobs or Marion Barber

but maybe we can sign Rhodes as a free agent

BenJarvus Green-Ellis is a running back who stock is going up i can see up taking him late 2nd round

Last edited by The Legend : 09-26-2007 at 08:25 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post

I take it you are looking at past drafts? Sorry, but I've always found looking back at past drafts to see who we could have had to be completely ridiculous. Plus, just because a player is good on the team he is currently on doesnt mean he will be a great Packer and will fit our schemes. Be happy with what we have, we have a lot of good picks on the roster.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
I take it you are looking at past drafts? Sorry, but I've always found looking back at past drafts to see who we could have had to be completely ridiculous. Plus, just because a player is good on the team he is currently on doesnt mean he will be a great Packer and will fit our schemes. Be happy with what we have, we have a lot of good picks on the roster.
i know looking at the past draft is like a bug going to the blue light its just so hard not to

but we have great drafts lately
Old 09-26-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
http://www.startribune.com/souhan/story/1445929.html

If his play keeps up like this, hopefully we will be hearing alot of this talk.

- Jay Mariotti
It's nice to see people gain faith in Favre again, but I never really thought his play diminished all that much. 2005 had disaster written all over it. Whale and Rivera leave, Walker and Green go down with injuries, etc. It was too much. In 2006 Favre led the youngest team in the NFL to an 8-8 record and almost snuck into the playoffs. And in 2007, the team has a little more depth and experience and Brett is putting up the #'s once again.

Last edited by cordscords : 09-26-2007 at 11:56 PM.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

I like how clowney wears his jersey in this so people will recognize. They will soon though, when he gets upgraded and scores a TD
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d802b44b9

Old 09-26-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like how clowney wears his jersey in this so people will recognize. They will soon though, when he gets upgraded and scores a TD
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d802b44b9
Clowney wasnt even in that video... or did i miss him?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

I heard on the radio a little while ago that some hooker that was was stripping at a night club in florida is accusing Al Harris of sexual assault at the strip joint 2 years ago. Sounds like some gold digging tramp looking to make some money. She is also said to be suing the club for not having there security cameras running.

Last edited by Football Fan : 09-27-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i didnt see him either

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so whats going on with Vernand Morency? MM said he feeling and running alot better now.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
so whats going on with Vernand Morency? MM said he feeling and running alot better now.
his return is need vs the vikings great run stoping d
Old 09-27-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I posted the wrong vid

Old 09-28-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like Morency healthy for this game. Jennings coming back gave the passing game a major boost. Mo a more experienced runner, and he has good hands. Tossing to him in the flat would be a nice check down for Brett.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

So whats the word with Koren Robinson is he commin back after this weeks game?
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Favre named Fedex Air player of the week, Barnett defensive player of the week. http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-defense
Old 09-28-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post

BenJarvus Green-Ellis is a running back who stock is going up i can see up taking him late 2nd round
as other people stated, its unfair to go back and look what could have been. Anyone can make an unreal team if you do that, but also i think it is unfair because of Underwood's injury. He was looking great before he got hurt and it's very possible he's just not the same player because of that, which led to us cutting him. There are many success stories and technology has come so far in terms of sports injuries/rehab, but its still not a guarantee you can fully recover from a torn ACL.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/09/28/3/

Morency going up and Jackson going down. Can things ever get easy for us?